• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xyro's Thread (topic 7/8/9 are here....your lucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aran

Smash Apprentice
it wasn't the poor guy's fault. the mouse mindgamed the crap out of him.

VirisKnite

Smash Journeyman
lol, i've been here for nearly 5 years and still haven't broken 1000 posts. it'll probably be another few months before i reach 900.
the bad news - unless someone tricks bombs into being amazing, there isn't going to be much to talk about around here
the good news - i should have the next version of my combo vid finished by the end of today. awesome that people are still watching the first combo vid
Ahhh... you've made us wait so long Jasona. I was actually gonna ask what happened with your combo vid when I saw you start posting again, but I thought would be kind of greedy or out of place or something. But since you brought it up, hurry up and finish so I can enjoy the awesome.

Oh btw to go ontopic on offtopic stuff, fire mouse= win. Treeman= gross, Exoskeleton= terminator, Forcefield = kewl but what happens with multiple incoming projectiles? Guess thats something they should look into for testing.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
No way! Someone actually cared about his video!? I'm glad I'm not a betting man.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well since mods closed the other thread i guess we will move here!
Nothing has changed. We will still have a 200$ milk match a SiN or HOBO.

Hive

Smash Lord
its amazing how fast samus board picked up and then died again lol

edit:
I feel kinda bad because I don't get any of these topics lol
I was sad for treeman because of his condition and then the mouse too :(
I guess its a guy thing :/

J4pu

Smash Champion
man the Samus boards have the best threads/topics/random sh*t. It almost makes me want to switch mains just so I can take part more.
Falco boards followed suit with the CF boards lately it seems.

Aran

Smash Apprentice
hmmm... clearly you haven't seen the random topics in the sonic forum. they live in their own little world there :p

Crystanium

Smash Hero
hmmm... clearly you haven't seen the random topics in the sonic forum. they live in their own little world there :p
Forget them. Samus travels to many different planets and galaxies. The Samus board is kind of like that, in its own microcosmic way. Kind of.

kown

Smash Lord
Jasona doesn't look very good. of course i only see how he constantly gets his @$$ owned by the reflected charged shot and gets hit by looped arrows.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
We are awesome.
:034:

Also, from what I've seen in vids, Tudor > Xyro.

You never know what'll happen in dittos though, it's not an accurate way to measure someone's skill at all really, but I guess it's the best they can do.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Jasona doesn't look very good. of course i only see how he constantly gets his @$$ owned by the reflected charged shot and gets hit by looped arrows.
He's uploading a video at the moment actually. Mostly in spite of all the garbage I've been putting online. ^_^

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
lucario boards are real crazy too. what's most impressive is that they actually help the metagame progress while messing around! And yeah falco boards are not exactly..."fun".

Jasona

Smash Ace
He's uploading a video at the moment actually. Mostly in spite of all the garbage I've been putting online. ^_^
undr sucks. i look so bad in his vids. he never puts any of my winning vids online. i'm uploading a few we played recently. i also made a vid with him dying frequently and at low %. it makes me feel really good to watch it. my combo vid still sucks though. lost the old footage and i couldn't even get 2min of decent combos, but i'll keep updating this one until its decent. undr and i are learning to do crazy stuff.
she only gets better v2

Aran

Smash Apprentice
oh yay! i've been waiting for this for a while. clicky clicky time.

EDIT: *sniff*, still a teaser.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
From what I've seen, undr just uses arrow looping a LOT. The samus boards are... fun... I guess. We have a LOT of lurkers here that don't post often. It would be nice to have a constant discussion going on in all of our threads.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's kinda hard to play four to seven hours of Smash and not get bored of being mundane. lol Keep in mind we've put hours and hours of just us fighting. I wouldn't be surprised if we've clocked over a hundred hours of just sauna vs. Undr alone.

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
And i still accept your challenge xyro, although i'll never understand why you would challenge someone like me who actually plays the game.

kown

Smash Lord
undr sucks. i look so bad in his vids. he never puts any of my winning vids online. i'm uploading a few we played recently. i also made a vid with him dying frequently and at low %. it makes me feel really good to watch it. my combo vid still sucks though. lost the old footage and i couldn't even get 2min of decent combos, but i'll keep updating this one until its decent. undr and i are learning to do crazy stuff.
she only gets better v2
im gunna be real...this was boring to me. maybe this vid could only be appreciated by other samus users. This lacks anything to keep the viewer watching....for example killing or spiking would be nice.... or look at undrs vids....the only reason thats successful beacuase ppl admire how he owns you with arrow looping. But maybe this only attracts other pit users.

xyro > Jasona...lol jk i cant make that claim....tho i think it true

EDIT: i take back what i saw Undr death scenes was soo good. it showed a not so hott side to undrdog. and some of those kills were really kool. but i didnt appreciate the other vid and xyro is still better than you.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer

UNDRDOG'S A JERK! MUST READ!!!!​

To put a halt to any confusion, I was screwing with Jasona and subsequently Tudor (giving him higher billing then Xyro), Xyro, and you Dryn. He never said anything against you guys. =P

But Jasona is... very selective about the clips he uses. He doesn't find many things "impressive" that actually are. I think the combos in "She Only Get's Better Teaser v2" have subtle attributes that he finds applicable in making Samus a better character.

He does some very impressive things including some sick mindgames and spacing. What he really should've included was his spacing ability. By playing Jasona I've come to the conclusion that Samus actually counters Pit.

*Clarification* While Samus "counters" Pit, Pit has an advantage in the match-up due to Pit just being a better character. What I mean is; even though Samus has an answer for everything Pit can do and totally wrecks Pit's play-style, Pit is simply a higher tiered character then Samus. If Samus was just a bit faster Pit would be in some serious trouble.

Anyway if I weren't such a lazy bum I could compile a video for Jasona that I'm sure would impress most everyone.

EDIT: In my defense however some of those really ridiculous deaths of mine in his video where inevitable when you play as much as we do. lol

EDIT2: Just to show how differently Jasona thinks, in particular about what is impressive, this is what he had to say when I told him, "My main goal is to be the most entertaining player to watch fight.".

Jasona said:
You play Pit. Nobody's going to find that impressive.
I think Pit is God Tier when it comes to doing needlessly impressive crap. LOL

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
If Samus was as fast as she was in her own games, she'd wreck the entire cast. Sakurai had to dumb her down for mercy's sake.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
If Samus was as fast as she was in her own games, she'd wreck the entire cast. Sakurai had to dumb her down for mercy's sake.
I would agree with you wholeheartedly if you weren't a Magikarp sympathizer.

kown

Smash Lord
*Clarification* While Samus "counters" Pit, Pit has an advantage in the match-up due to Pit just being a better character. What I mean is; even though Samus has an answer for everything Pit can do and totally wrecks Pit's play-style, Pit is simply a higher tiered character then Samus. If Samus was just a bit faster Pit would be in some serious trouble.
tho u have prolly the most practice against a samus as a pit.....i think thats false..pit counters samus easily. maybe jasona just understands your style more....

Jasona

Smash Ace
im gunna be real...this was boring to me. maybe this vid could only be appreciated by other samus users. This lacks anything to keep the viewer watching....for example killing or spiking would be nice.... or look at undrs vids....the only reason thats successful beacuase ppl admire how he owns you with arrow looping. But maybe this only attracts other pit users.

xyro > Jasona...lol jk i cant make that claim....tho i think it true

EDIT: i take back what i saw Undr death scenes was soo good. it showed a not so hott side to undrdog. and some of those kills were really kool. but i didnt appreciate the other vid and xyro is still better than you.
undr death scenes, in addition to being funny, was intended to show that kills can be made below 150% and not just with dairs or being at the edge of the screen. although, its possibly just bad DI

the combo vid is strictly technical. its not meant to be entertaining to anyone except me, but it could be. its an objective way for me to see if they're really combos. they're not, but they're the closest thing i've found and i wanted to share them. someone may learn something from them

am i better than this samus or that one? i don't know. there is no comparison between me and other sami. i don't go to tournaments, so we can't compare rankings or match-ups. i can't even say if i'd do any good against pit because i only have exp against undr's style
tho u have prolly the most practice against a samus as a pit.....i think thats false..pit counters samus easily. maybe jasona just understands your style more....
i agree

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Do we even know the definition of character countering in fighting games? The majority of Smashboards seems to've created their own definition.

Pit destroys Samus. I'm not denying that. But on all fundamental match-ups within the match-up Samus counters Pit. It's just a matter of tier hierarchy here.

kown

Smash Lord
am i better than this samus or that one? i don't know. there is no comparison between me and other sami. i don't go to tournaments, so we can't compare rankings or match-ups. i can't even say if i'd do any good against pit because i only have exp against undr's style
ah dont take that to heart.. im inclined to say xyro is the best samus just cuz i know him. but he is seriously. lol

haha you guys havent put out any match videos in a while...its usually just undr's minvids destroying you...or your minivids destroying him...its to hard to get anything serious from that.

Jasona

Smash Ace
haha you guys havent put out any match videos in a while...its usually just undr's minvids destroying you...or your minivids destroying him...its to hard to get anything serious from that.
i beat undr in a best 2/3 random char match a month ago. my winnings were that he upload 5 matches that i won. he put it off and yesterday i uploaded 8 matches along with the compilation vids. search youtube for "jasona samus", organize by date and watch the ones that jasonaaaaa uploaded. they'll be the most recent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom