• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xonar is Bored aka Xonar's feedback and ranking thread

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords is such an underdog player to me because he hasn't had like that game where he is like just trashing people left and right but he is sooooo good. *meat ride*

Swords is by far one of my favorite players like ever.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sworddancer is really good as town. People just don't realize it because he isn't as noisy like certain other people are. Sang / July are also like that.

:059:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't think I've ever agreed with a stance July has taken in a mafia game since Rusty Guillotine.

Actually, I dunno if we've been aligned since then.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Seriously, don't undermine your own credibility and make yourself look scummy just to avoid NK's unless you've got an amazing role and REALLY know what you're doing. Else you end up like Ryker in Megaman X mafia.
I would just like to comment that I generally do this because it's the only way I'm able to live past N1. If I don't act scummy people think something's up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The main reason I dislike the tierlists posted in this thread is because the logic / methodology is inconsistent and a lot is based on bias. If I were to make a tier list I'd divide players into tier A [generally good at mafia], tier B [good but inconsistent / alignment dependant], tier C [potentially good] and the rest which I don't think I'm going into detail about. All players in the same tier are about equally good so I just order them alphabetically ...

A: EE, J, July, Kuz, Vanderzant
B: Brosuke, Gheb, Overswarm, Ryker, Sangfroid, Swiss, Sworddancer
C: Asdioh, Circus, Raziek, T-Block

July

Smash Apprentice
Gheb, I'm hugely flattered you would put me with J, EE, Kuz, and Vandy but I still feel like I have a lot, a LOT to improve on, especially when it comes to being more consistent and vocalizing my opinions more.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You're like the most consistent players regardless of alignment and borderline impossible to read.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That's not necessarily a good thing, since your level of contribution tends to be lacking, you consistently appear SORT of scummy, which makes you an easy mislynch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You're like the most consistent players regardless of alignment and borderline impossible to read.

This is true that's why I try to force her to make stances. But I guess it looked weird when I did so in TT. Then I tunneled on asdioh/x1 for a little thing... Hard to get a read from her when she doesn't post that much. Although, she was pretty towny in nabe's private. I'm sad that I replaced out due to LoL stuff. Sorry Nabe. </3

Advice on me would be appreciated. Even though I haven't played in a while.

I am very interested in improving. I just think I suck at arguing.

Also, I guess people say that I ask too much questions, but I say that I do these things to develop reads.

I just wonder what else I can do besides questions that can help me get reads. And I ask this from a town perspective. Cuz I'm never scum.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Being hard to read can be good or bad depending on how it happens. For instance, Frozenflame is hard to read, but that's because he posts once a month, and it generally doesn't do his playerslot any favors. OS on the other hand is hard to read, but that's because he can make pretty much anything he does look like he planned it for the good of town, and he's hard to lynch regardless of alignment.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
But... the other wagon was scum. And a less valuable player.... and an easy enough to swing lynch.

Ima need you to explain why it was better for you to die than lynch KB.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This guy gets it.

Raz said:
But... the other wagon was scum. And a less valuable player.... and an easy enough to swing lynch.

Ima need you to explain why it was better for you to die than lynch KB.
We would have gotten a No Lynch more than likely. I personally didn't have anything on KB and hadn't pushed him all game; saying "don't lynch me lynch him because I'm me and he's him" isn't a good case and would just leave me for tomorrow. If I knew he was scum I'd say 'that guy is scum' and we'd lynch him, but I didn't so I chose the optimal route assuming we were both town.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
FF isn't that hard to read I think, just really hard to kill (basing this off of two games >.>).

I appreciate all the comlpliments that I'm getting J, but to be perfectly fair not being loud in thread is kinda a problem. Having correct reads is only like 50% of the game. Pushing those reads through isn't something that I've really gotten down.

Also Gheb really Swiss is A tier. He can **** as either alignment. The only problem with him is that the way he pushes as town is as wierd as **** it it kinda makes him look scummy to me, making him hard to trust.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Swiss is always hard to trust. Not because you can't tell what alignment he's playing but because he plays scummy as **** no matter what alignment he is.

#HBC | Dancer

We would have gotten a No Lynch more than likely. I personally didn't have anything on KB and hadn't pushed him all game; saying "don't lynch me lynch him because I'm me and he's him" isn't a good case and would just leave me for tomorrow. If I knew he was scum I'd say 'that guy is scum' and we'd lynch him, but I didn't so I chose the optimal route assuming we were both town.
OS your logic is so >.<

1. Your assuming that he was town.
2. By your own logic after you're lynched KB is still on the table to be lynched, so by allowing youirself to be lynched you effectively acomplished nothing.

So yeah sure KB might if been town and if you saved yourself with your claim and we mislynched him the focus of toMorrow may of been on you more than it needed to be, but at the same time you could say that by allowing yourself to be lynched the focus might of been on KB more than it needed to be.

You can't justify your own mislynch by saying that the other guy may also of been a mislynch.

Really plus you're dealing with a whole bunch of viables that could of went down a whole bunch of ways, you don't know. Your reasoning for allowing the mislynch isn't fonded in logic as it is more so assumptions. All you know in that situatiuon is that there is a 100% chance that you're town, and that, while improbable, there is still lesss than a 100% chance that KB was town.

#HBC | Dancer

Swiss is always hard to trust. Not because you can't tell what alignment he's playing but because he plays scummy as **** no matter what alignment he is.

Meh, if that's the case then why isn't he lynched more often? Is it just bad town play? You can't really argue that there isn't a survivablity element to Swiss.

I find the only effective way to take out Swiss is through Night actions (see: Adventure Time and why I sent Asdioh the vig power).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS your logic is so >.<

1. Your assuming that he was town.
2. By your own logic after you're lynched KB is still on the table to be lynched, so by allowing youirself to be lynched you effectively acomplished nothing.

So yeah sure KB might if been town and if you saved yourself with your claim and we mislynched him the focus of toMorrow may of been on you more than it needed to be, but at the same time you could say that by allowing yourself to be lynched the focus might of been on KB more than it needed to be.

You can't justify your own mislynch by saying that the other guy may also of been a mislynch.

Really plus you're dealing with a whole bunch of viables that could of went down a whole bunch of ways, you don't know. Your reasoning for allowing the mislynch isn't fonded in logic as it is more so assumptions. All you know in that situatiuon is that there is a 100% chance that you're town, and that, while improbable, there is still lesss than a 100% chance that KB was town.
But I also don't know KB's alignment. Self-preservation while saying "I KNOW I AM TOWN SO I TRUST MYSELF" is bad town play. You assume ALL players are town when lynching them, and go out of your way to prove to yourself and others that they are scum. My only alternative was lynching a townie who really wasn't on the chopping block on D1; that doesn't mean he couldn't have been lynched, but it does mean he isn't an automatic choice. Besides, if I was going to lynch anyone to improve town's chances it would have been Radical Fiction.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can see where OS is coming from, but if you were the jailer an he claimed VT, wouldn't that put yourself above him in terms of who need to live more?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Only because I was town. As scum it would have been easy enough to live, but the pro-town thing to do was to allow myself to die.
Actually, the pro-town thing to do would be to fight your lynch and get a scum lynched instead. I acknowledge you have particularly limited ability and so probably wouldn't have been able to - but you should have at least tried to do the pro-town thing. After all, we lynched you because you weren't trying to do the pro-town thing all game.

Incorrect.

I do what is needed to get the lynches I believe are right. I'm almost always right.

If I played scummy as **** - I wouldn't be able to swing lynches to my will. Simple fact. If I played scummy as **** I wouldn't be on town lists. If I played scummy as **** I wouldn't be in LyLo.

Simple fact is Gheb - I win. I win lots. Say what you like but my record speaks for itself.

You clearly have a rod up your *** about me calling you out at playing poorly recently. Everyone knows it.

Now, let's move away from the overly political aspect off Dgames and get back to congratulating me for being nigh perfect.

I'd post a tier list but it'd only make Gheb moan more.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I can see where OS is coming from, but if you were the jailer an he claimed VT, wouldn't that put yourself above him in terms of who need to live more?
Traditionally a jailer is a negative role; regardless, having a claim war would only benefit scum. If I had an ability that could be guaranteed useful such as an investigation I'd have done so, but a jailer was a meh role to begin with in early game.

swiss said:
Actually, the pro-town thing to do would be to fight your lynch and get a scum lynched instead. I acknowledge you have particularly limited ability and so probably wouldn't have been able to - but you should have at least tried to do the pro-town thing. After all, we lynched you because you weren't trying to do the pro-town thing all game.
I lynch with traps and facts, not gusto and blind arrogance. As evidenced by my lynch on D1, simply saying "this evidence is enough" is not a good town policy. That is gambling, and I don't gamble unless the odds are in my favor.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I lynch with traps and facts, not gusto and blind arrogance. As evidenced by my lynch on D1, simply saying "this evidence is enough" is not a good town policy. That is gambling, and I don't gamble unless the odds are in my favor.
By your own admission you played anti to what you believed was protown play.

I was not incorrect in suspecting you.

Also, crucially, if you are unable to abate your lynch when I do "not even create a case" then it speaks volumes about your ability.

I hear there is a newbie game upcoming soon - I could IC for you if you wished.

Top Bottom