• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xonar is Bored aka Xonar's feedback and ranking thread

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Some people have been personally messaging me for advice, so I decided I'd make a thread and just go through dGames and give everyone some feedback. Some of these can be taken more serious than others, depending on how much we played together/how much I've seen you play. Do realize that these comments all have some form of reason. If you don't recognize anything of it, try to discover why I'm thinking this way about you.

I'd prefer it if this thread won't be cluttered with rage. If you have beef with me or want to talk about my comment, personally contact me.

These will all be brutally honest. I'm not giving any undeserved praise and I'm not going to sugarcoat things for you.

Red_Ryu
You try to start discussion with gambits. Stop doing this. I can see your reasoning, but there are plenty ways to start discussion without being so grimy for the rest of the game. It can be a good strategy for both parties, so it won't help you with reads regardless. Overall I think that you don't have a lot going for you. You're not very convincing, your reads aren't anything special and you're pretty easy to read as town and as scum.
My advice for you would be focus on specific areas and improve them.. Go step by step. Try to get better reads, try to make a list of scumtells that often hold true. After these reads are there, try to move to being convincing about them. Get that wording right. Read all intentions. You're a sheep right now.

Rajam
Mr. Catchup. It's an effective playing style, but it won't help town too much. I understand you want to continue using it because you will keep being a strong player, but overall it will make you a drag for town. You'll be practically unreadable and I know that you have good reads. You're sharp, intelligent and you can be convincing.
My advice for you would be overhaul your playstyle. You are seriously one of the sharper people around here, and you can do a lot if you stay active and current. You could be one of the main threats in dGames.

WashedLaundry
You're probably one of my favorite players here, which also makes it even harder for me to say anything regarding you. I honestly think that your playstyle is one of the best in here, because you fit in well with anything. Your convincingness is truly great.
My advice for you would be dare to do more. I know you pride yourself on being able to switch between leader and follower, but overall I think you take the follower role too easily. You can be too much of an observer. This advice should be followed if you like, because honestly, you're doing perfectly fine as is.

T-block
The Block. People call you underrated, honestly, I think you're slightly underrated. You have some definite flaws in your game, which I noticed when continued reading Utrick'd and I was surprised that you didn't get caught for it. Overall, you're solid. The thing I like about you is that, while you sometimes overstep it, you have a nice balance between following and leading. Oh btw, READ INTENTIONS.
My advice for you would be cut the diamond. There are small flaws in your game. You can't tie together strong pillars with weak wires, get what I'm saying? Ask people what went wrong, ask for specific examples. You're kinda the most average/solid mafia player on here. Nothing about your play is bad, but nothing is outstanding. You're solidly convincing, solid reads, solid posts, solid deception, solid baits, solid perception etc etc

Zen
I haven't played with you a lot at all, but I like you. You're far from the standard mafia player, and I like that. You're not a follower at all, but you're open to ideas other people have. You're not a full time leader, but you can take the role if you want too. Your way of reading and perceiving is legit. Gonna refrain from giving you advice until I've seen more. Just praise here. Smile! :)

Gheb_01
Man I really don't know what to put here. You're the 'behind the scenes'-guy every game. It has merits but it has weak points. No real advice to be given here. Play however you want, just know that your style is extremely inflexible and you won't realize full potential as a towny or even scummy if you use it every game.
My advice for you would be experiment with different styles.

Gorf
Oh man Gorf. You're one of those people who are just below the top of dGames, imo. Your reads are overall solid, you can be convincing as ****, you can be deceptive, you can be perceptive. You're a solid player. You're basically what I imagine T-Block will be once he's worked out the kinks of his play. By the way, keep reading intentions. It's important.
My advice for you would be work on connecting with other players. Like it or not, but other players like it if you agree with them. Other players like it if you treat them nicely. Other players who like you will be sooner to join your cause. Right now, you can be convincing, but there are certain things that can refrain players from following you. How you put things, how you treat them, how you approach the game, how you build posts. Work on that.

Kantrip
Yeah Kantrip. You're solid overall, but gullible and stubborn, which both can be a good thing, but not together and not at the degree your taking it to. It's good to be open to ideas. It's good to be resistant to other people's remarks about yours. It's bad if someone throws you an idea and you latch on to it for years. You're the worst kind of sheep. The redeeming factor is that you're not a full time sheep. Your reads aren't abysmal, and you can actually be pretty convincing. You have better-than-average posts. I know you're looking to read more below surface level, keep trying to do that. Intentions are the most important thing in mafia.
My advice for you would be improve your immediate flaws. I named them. After this, there's a much better foundation to improve individual areas.

J
Oh J. You and your AtE. You're a good players, your reads are good, you can be convincing largely because of your AtE and general sillyness. You bait reads, observe in a good way and while you don't read intentions always you're not purely surface level. I consider you one of the better players on dGames. Not top, but always a boon to whatever faction you rolled.
My advice to you would be connect to more players. This is already one of your main points, but often you fail to reach a certain audience. Build an 'extension' to your game that does appeal to these people.

Raziek
Man Raz. You're probably my favorite newbie right now. You already are at the point where I can say that regardless of what faction you pull, you're a boon. Your reads are solid, you're convincing, you're perceptive... all the good stuff. The main flaws in your game are the fact that you are way easy to read and that you are inexperienced. You do not have a good list of scumtells to go off of, and you don't know how to handle certain situations. Besides that, it's way easy to see if your town. And if it's not, it's basically set that you're scum.
My advice to you would be be less transparent, actively learn from games.. Keep more to yourself. You're a walking target. Scum can off you whenever the **** they want if you do have good reads or keep you around if you don't. What I mean by actively learning is get a list of scumtells, get a list of town tells. Know how to bait people and all that good stuff. You should know that almost every single one of my posts has a superior motive. No exaggeration. Don't start being mr. behind-the-scenes, but you could use a lot more secrecy i m o. Mafia is a game about secrecy, the amount of information being thrown out on these boards is straight out dumb and ridiculous. Overall you are one of the most well thinking players and definitely one of my favorite faction-mates. Your slow start is no problem (except in bed), so don't let it bother you.

Sworddancer
Oh dancer. You are a balance between a sheep and a person with a voice. Your mafia playstyle is REALLY standard, which isn't a problem per se, but it makes you miss things. I don't often see you reading into intentions, but I know you do it when you caught on. So good ****, you definitely have it in you.
My advice for you would be dive into full time intention reading. Be open for weird ideas, be open for possibilities and lots of WIFOM. This part is pretty straight forward, because you're honestly the most solid mafia player on here. You just need to be open for more stuff, like gambits and the like.

Ryker
Oh man Ryker. I would certainly rank you among the top few on dGames. You're good as hell. Your reads are legit, you're convincing, perceptive, deceptive, blablbalba. The only advice I could give you is something you already realized, and that is get better at reading 'crapshoots', as you call them. Otherwise...
My advice would you be connect to players more. You're convincing, but people will be easier to follow you if you open up more and stay on their level. There have been situations where my posts in our hydra would appeal to an entirely different audience, like J. Try to reach that audience.

Nickelbackrocks
Not much to say here man. You're sheep amongst sheep. You try hard, which we all appreciate, and you're not doing THAT bad. The thing is, that besides just trying, go out to actively learn. Start small, go bigger. Nobody is asking a lot of you, and you shouldn't be asking a lot of yourself either. Right now, you're simply a sheep to be manipulated by a leading town/a scummer. So yeah, you're at rock bottom, work your way up. Good to see you so enthusiastic.
My advice for you would be consciously play this game. Analyze what others are doing, realize what you are doing. Realize your goal, how you're going to handle it. Everything. It's a piece of advice applicable to many situations, so do so.

Inferno
You are slightly above Orboknown, but the same applies to you as applies to him.
I'll just copy it here:
Not much to say here man. You're sheep amongst sheep. You try hard, which we all appreciate, and you're not doing THAT bad. The thing is, that besides just trying, go out to actively learn. Start small, go bigger. Nobody is asking a lot of you, and you shouldn't be asking a lot of yourself either. Right now, you're simply a sheep to be manipulated by a leading town/a scummer. So yeah, you're at rock bottom, work your way up. Good to see you so enthusiastic.
My advice for you would be consciously play this game. Analyze what others are doing, realize what you are doing. Realize your goal, how you're going to handle it. Everything. It's a piece of advice applicable to many situations, so do so.

Nicholas1024
Nich Nich Nich. It's been a while since I've played with you. I think you are one of the better observers on the forum. That's all there is to you, really. This really hinders your scum game, as someone who is an observer purely is weak. Same thing for someone who is pure aggression. When you try to lead, you're not all too convincing overall. You resort to asking other people for backup and that kinda stuff. You're on your own here, buddy. Nobody is going to win the game for you, so don't count on it.
My advice to you would be rely on yourself more. Make sure that a one-man-team of Nicholas can win the game. I'm not asking you to be able to, or to actually do it, just make sure that you CAN do it.

Bardull
Man, you've got ego. You're seriously discouraging to read in posts, because you, sir, are a **** in a lot of occasions. Don't think I'm the only on here to say this. Get off that ego and realize what the game is really about. Your playstyle is really standard, and has no real merits. I'll comment more after we completed this game. You have merit in your persistence, though? I can't tell a lot from just 1 day of playing.
My advice for you would be discover what mafia really is about. Reading into intentions would be a great place to start. From there on onwards, you should be able to think of more. If not, ask someone else.

Felipe
You are around the level of Orboknown, but the same applies to you as applies to him.
I'll just copy it here:
My advice for you would be consciously play this game. Analyze what others are doing, realize what you are doing. Realize your goal, how you're going to handle it. Everything. It's a piece of advice applicable to many situations, so do so. Oh and stop doing dumb gambits, and make NICE LOOKING POSTS. Seriously.

Omni
No comment until after the game. For now I'll say I'm disappointed.

Soupamario
Man Soup. So many people talk about you in a bad way, but I've seen you improve to some degree. There's not a lot to say. Drop dumb gambits, don't post images anymore, stop thinking you're good at this game, stop drawing attention to yourself for dumb reasons, respect other players more.
My advice for you would be discover what mafia really is about. Reading into intentions would be a great place to start. From there on onwards, you should be able to think of more. If not, ask someone else. Same as Bardull, but I consider you a more advanced player.

Dark Horse
DH, one of the sheep players. You don't have a lot going for you, besides the fact that you have good intellect. You don't ever do dumb things, really.
My advice for you would be work on improving individual fields of your play. Just improve things individually, and keep growing as a player. Nothing really that jumps out to me, you're simply useless and sheepish.

Sold2
You're one of the background players, which is nice enough. You're one of the better players on dGames. I don't really know what kind of advice to give you, because you're solid. I guess the thing you could work on is being able to lead, because right now, you're not that convincing.
My advice for you would be learn to be convincing. This would help, but it's not necessary at all. Your play works, so it's fine.

Werekill
If you want me to put something here, tell me to do so. I could write things but I think you quit.

Important names I haven't played enough with are Kuz and Swiss. Shoutouts to both.
Also July. But ya already knoooow.

DGames Tier list:
Top: Kuzinator, Swiss
High: Ryker, WashedLaundry/Brosuke, Sold2
Higher-Mid: Zen/Gorf/Gheb_01/J
Mid: Raziek/Sworddancer/T-block, Rajam, Soupamario, Nicholas1024
Lower-Mid: Asdioh/Kantrip/Bardull, Red_Ryu, Jim Morrison, SangfroidWarrior
Low: Inferno, Felipe, Nickelbackrocks

Namesearch baitUnranked:
July, Omni, Glyph, Circus, Sokr, mentosman8, AsianAussie, Tery, Gova, Glyph, Sephiroth, Overswarm,
Vlade
Chaco
KevinM
Circus
Dark Horse
Kuz
Auspher
Katafei
Evil Eye
Frozenflame
Shadow Moth
Sold2
X1-12
Dabuz
Rockin
Chibo
Hilt
Tandora
Adumbrodeus
JTB
John2k4
Werekill
Ranmaru
Panta
Acrostic
Ori_bro
Armor
Seikend
Giraffelasergun

I'll try to consistently update this.

I'm open for conversation about this, but please keep this thread for feedback/ranking etc and keep most of the communication in privates.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I know you're a bro, Gova, but let's not clutter this thing too much. If it deserves to die let it die, it's been fun typing this all up regardless :3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wtf, I have like the most inconsistent playstyle of any dGames player 0_0

and -dead- @tier list

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Inconsistent by the way of sucking and not sucking, your style overall has always been the same.

Also
>opinions
Let's not delve into that.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
This thread is actually a way to bait you guys into playing worse so Xonar can win more easily.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
All salt to the private. Got a problem with my opinion, start a conversation about it with me. If you don't bother with that then you shouldn't have commented in the first place.

Do realize that these comments all have some form of reason. If you don't recognize anything of it, try to discover why I'm thinking this way about you.
Master of reading.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Also, the tier list ****ing blows ... Inferno, Sworddancer and T-Block are too low; Sang and J are WAY too low; Brosuke, Laundry and Zen are too high; Swiss, Gorf and S2 are WAY too high ... like wtf-levels of too high.

Yeah, not giving a **** about subjective stuff, sorry bro.

:059:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Stop being salty you noob. If you got a problem, do it in a private message. Can't read the few rules I established? Good on you, but keep your fake *** mafia tears to yourself. Now kindly get the **** out.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Dooms
Land of the free!

Anyway, I think Xonar's info on me is a bit outdated. I've had somewhat more success in leading lately, and I'm hardly an observer in any case. I'll be interested to see how this gets updated later on.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Dooms
Land of the free!

Anyway, I think Xonar's info on me is a bit outdated. I've had somewhat more success in leading lately, and I'm hardly an observer in any case. I'll be interested to see how this gets updated later on.
That's very possible! Like I said,
Some of these can be taken more serious than others, depending on how much we played together/how much I've seen you play.
I'll definitely update it after we completed this game together, be sure to remind me if you really want feedback. The fact that you're improving on my outdated information shows that it's all going well though, that's good to hear.

The purpose here is trying to improve as a community. Accept advice from others, and work with it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh, I will. If you want some examples of my recent play, check out Megaman X mafia (particularly late D1), or Time Travelers (Ridiculously long game, and illustrates both the benefits and drawbacks to my style.)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Play more, Guus. Ryker and I think you're ranked a bit lower than you should be, and you're good.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dude. Salt. Get out with it. Refer to things I said, hold yourself to the rules. You're bad, accept it and learn, instead of stubbornly denying it.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yeah guus I might underrate you here but like I said to Nich

Some of these can be taken more serious than others, depending on how much we played together/how much I've seen you play.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm going to reserve my comments on Bardull until AT mafia is over, but I agree with everything Xonar has said about you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Then. Don't. Bother. Posting.

You obviously care at this point. I kindly request you stop posting henceforth.
I'm commenting on the validity of this list, not your personal "rating" of me. This list is subjective and stupid. Serves to stroke egos while attempting to upset others. You're not very good at social etiquette.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm commenting on the validity of this list, not your personal "rating" of me. This list is subjective and stupid. Serves to stroke egos while attempting to upset others. You're not very good at social etiquette.
I must agree with you, Xonar definitely claimed this list to be perfectly objective and not his own views!

Top Bottom