• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xonar is Bored aka Xonar's feedback and ranking thread

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Stale salt meme is stale.

Just like your town play, Raziek.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I think a lot of players' problems is the lack of humble pie and the idea that only good can come out of analyzing a lot *shrug*

Omni

BRoomer

Nah, Xonar is just a douche. No one likes to accept criticism from a douche.

If it was someone who was well-respected and well-versed with the people they were critiquing sodium levels would be minimal.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wow, you really must have had some time ;)

I really appreciate this and your advice makes sense to me, Xonar. I think I've figured out where my issues stem from and how to remedy them too, so I'll definitely be striving to patch up the gaping hole in my game. Basically everything I need to fix boils down to confidence issues. I latch onto other peoples' ideas because I feel that they are superior to mine in most cases. Then to compensate I get really stubborn and hold onto ideas to try to prove to myself that I'm confident. Neither of these work out at all, and I end up just tunneling off of someone else (who could be scum for all I know), and it's a really messy picture. I also go into WIFOM spirals and overthink a lot of things, which has been pointed out to me before. Next game, I got dis :cool:

Thanks again for this advice.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
And who are you to decide who fits that bill because, last time I checked (hint: you know, after you left DGames), Xonar is widely respected and well-versed with the players he's dealing with. There was really no reason to show up and be an ***.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
And who are you to decide who fits that bill because, last time I checked (hint: you know, after you left DGames), Xonar is widely respected and well-versed with the players he's dealing with. There was really no reason to show up and be an ***.
Don't know Xonar. Not well versed with Xonar.

Also, you mad *meme is old. You're also really bad at trolling.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
This list could use a veteran to rank some of the older players.

Although I've been wondering, how exactly would you rank Frozenflame? When he actually plays he's amazing, but he hasn't been consistently active since before I started playing (aka: A really long time ago).

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This list could use a veteran to rank some of the older players.

Although I've been wondering, how exactly would you rank Frozenflame? When he actually plays he's amazing, but he hasn't been consistently active since before I started playing (aka: A really long time ago).
Why would you rank older players? If I were to place FF, it would be *** tier because he hasn't shown results in a long time. Sure, he used to play well, but when was the last time that he did?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Also, don't know if he's really that respected or not. Won't comment directly about ongoing games, but from what I've seen, he isn't worthy of respect, really. Full of himself, asserting over others. Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth whenever I see him talk. Maybe you haven't seen his recent play. Guess I won't add much further for now other than "check out his current games."

I'd say more, but out of respect for the thread topic (lol), I won't.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wow just read through the rest of the thread. It seems some people reacted to this a bit differently, heh.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Honestly I'd recommend ditching the tier list. The last one bombed, and that one actually had the input of multiple people, so, yeah. I like Xonar plenty but saying it doesn't come across as a lil' egotistical is just takin' sides, tbf. Then adding an allegedly credentialized veteran player to rank veterans is also going to turn the thread into even more of a clusterf---. Bardull needs to change his diaper and take the advice, though :awesome:

I actually wanted to start a general post where people would post feedback for people they have actual, constructive feedback for, thus allowing it to not die like the "rate the above player" thread which people kept posting asinine "feedback" in when they really just wanted the feedback for their own sake. But then I decided I was too lazy. But then I saw this thread! But then it was full of bull****.

But maybe it can be better.

EDIT: lol bardull. Check yourself before you wreck yourself. I've never found Xonar particularly intimidating but then he pooped all over everything and everyone in F&L. Jeez I come in here trying to be impartial and not instantly anti-Bardull just because my bros are, and you are trying your damnedest to make that impossible : crossarms:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Also, don't know if he's really that respected or not. Won't comment directly about ongoing games, but from what I've seen, he isn't worthy of respect, really. Full of himself, asserting over others. Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth whenever I see him talk. Maybe you haven't seen his recent play. Guess I won't add much further for now other than "check out his current games."
Wow, I don't think anything I've read on SWF ever made me laugh this hard.

July

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm not ranked here so my perspective is a little different, but the post seems more like a shout-out post like you would have at the end of the game, which most people take pretty well and is overall constructive. I don't see anything he did here as being out of line, and whether or not you listen to his opinion/advice is completely up to you, as it is with any case where someone provides feedback from a game. I think it is important to be aware that even if you don't AGREE with what he said about you, what he says is a part of how you are perceived by other dgamers.

Kantrip

Kantplay
For the record Bardull, I'm not one of the people who said they wanted you blacklisted. In fact, I've never said anything negative about any players behind their back, as far as I know. I do think you need a reality check, though.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
*shrug*

Don't care what either of you think. Don't think I'm tunneling either or biased in any way. I'm a good judge of character. Always have been. Unless he acts differently whenever I see him.

Not sure why I need a reality check. I don't understand why he's respected based on what I've seen. Problem? Maybe he's on his period since I've been dealing with him, but I am not familiar with the Xonar you all seem to like and respect.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
We're getting off topic. Don't think I want any warranted infractions. Not posting any further in this thread.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't mean a reality check about one player.

More convenient would be one for yourself. I feel like sometimes your rudeness comes off without you even realizing it. It's not even a strictly in-game thing, which some players utilize.

Is this off-topic for this thread? Huh. Maybe we need a thread to critique and take critique from other players, if this isn't allowed to serve that purpose.

Omni

BRoomer
We do have that thread; It's called End Game.

Frankly, Brosuke shouldn't be making some of the comments that he is making at the moment especially since he's in a game. Even if he hasn't said much, the slightest comment can be a very subtle hint that can affect how said player views him in said active mafia game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Still sticking to my Roy tier status where I belong.

Also I purposefully to gambits for reads, but also to make myself look bad and make it to end game as town.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Seriously, don't undermine your own credibility and make yourself look scummy just to avoid NK's unless you've got an amazing role and REALLY know what you're doing. Else you end up like Ryker in Megaman X mafia.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Seriously, don't undermine your own credibility and make yourself look scummy just to avoid NK's unless you've got an amazing role and REALLY know what you're doing. Else you end up like Ryker in Megaman X mafia.
Lol, that's nowhere near what happened. MMX was not me playing scummy to live. It was simply playing to survive.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I do it 90% of the time as a PR, because when I know my PR can be a fail safe I can make it easier to do what I need to do in the night.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wow, you really must have had some time ;)
I was bored as hell. lawl.

I really appreciate this and your advice makes sense to me, Xonar. I think I've figured out where my issues stem from and how to remedy them too, so I'll definitely be striving to patch up the gaping hole in my game. Basically everything I need to fix boils down to confidence issues. I latch onto other peoples' ideas because I feel that they are superior to mine in most cases. Then to compensate I get really stubborn and hold onto ideas to try to prove to myself that I'm confident. Neither of these work out at all, and I end up just tunneling off of someone else (who could be scum for all I know), and it's a really messy picture. I also go into WIFOM spirals and overthink a lot of things, which has been pointed out to me before. Next game, I got dis :cool:

Thanks again for this advice.
It's no problem at all. If you ever want to talk about things, feel free to contact me. I know I've helped some players with this thread, which is all I wanted to achieve. I really appreciate every comment stating that I helped, it's really humbling to hear and I appreciate it to the fullest.

Honestly I'd recommend ditching the tier list. The last one bombed, and that one actually had the input of multiple people, so, yeah. I like Xonar plenty but saying it doesn't come across as a lil' egotistical is just takin' sides, tbf. Then adding an allegedly credentialized veteran player to rank veterans is also going to turn the thread into even more of a clusterf---. Bardull needs to change his diaper and take the advice, though :awesome:
Yeah the tier list was kinda the worst idea ever. But eh, opinions.

Is Ryker Bronar's alt account?
I'd love me some 24 hours a day posting powers.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Timezones. I guess the fact that you never sleep helps though.

Btw, if you guys haven't noticed, I ended every single comment with a piece of advice. That's constructive criticism, for as far as I know.
Read this;
Some of these can be taken more serious than others, depending on how much we played together/how much I've seen you play. Do realize that these comments all have some form of reason. If you don't recognize anything of it, try to discover why I'm thinking this way about you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wait, I'm a sheep.

Sorry but I think that point is a load of bull and I know it is. When I try to form reads I don't play follow the leader unless i legitimately agree with it.

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You are one of the people that is part of the "I can get this guy's vote"-crowd. Uhh... That's bad wording. Either way, if I wanna start a wagon up, I always try to search for 'weaker' votes before 'strong' votes. Weaker votes would be you, Kantrip, Inferno etc. Strong votes would be Ryker, J etc

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Which would be which ones, Utrick'd 2 had me pared with John who rare if ever doesn't sheep and sideline, no offense John.

Other than that what games have I been pared with you?

Top Bottom