• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xonar is Bored aka Xonar's feedback and ranking thread

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I lynch with gusto and blind arrogance and I'm almost always right.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
By your own admission you played anti to what you believed was protown play.

I was not incorrect in suspecting you.

Also, crucially, if you are unable to abate your lynch when I do "not even create a case" then it speaks volumes about your ability.

I hear there is a newbie game upcoming soon - I could IC for you if you wished.
If I recall correctly, you pushed for my lynch and I simply let it happen. A townie flipped. The only other lynch was actually scum, and you protected that person consistently. When they were lynched the next day and flipped scum, you were the obvious lynch choice on D3.

How is protecting scum and being the driving force behind two mislynches even close to optimal play? Embarassing, really.

Swiss

Smash Lord
You acknowledge you let your own lynch happen when everyone can see it was not the pro-town move. It's nice to see you admit your incompetence.

Also - what you say is not true - I wasn't active most of D2 & replaced out, and had questionable activity D1. My personal read on KB was null, IIRC.

I still find it infinitely amusing you activated your Gold Dice post-bit in a vain attempt to imply you are good. Oh, two MVP's? You must be Jesus incarnate.

I bow before your might.

Omni

BRoomer
Allowing your lynch is no-good, OS.

Consider this: Swiss could have been scum trying to push a town lynch. Luckily, he wasn't, but as a townie (or a good mafia player in general) you have to prove that you are town while facing false accusations that you could be scummy from actual real scum. Like... you don't let yourself die because you're being pressed into a corner and you wanna' make a point that a potential townie partner is wrong.

Tho' I definitely understand the feeling.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like being friends with Zen. :3

Zen be friends with me!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
OS said:
I lynch with traps and facts, not gusto and blind arrogance. As evidenced by my lynch on D1, simply saying "this evidence is enough" is not a good town policy. That is gambling, and I don't gamble unless the odds are in my favor.
Then just one question:

If you're not going to "gamble" on lynching someone since you might be incorrect, what possible alternative do you have?

Also I'm just arguing probability here. I agree with you that lynching someone else just because you know you're town and you don't know their alignment is a bad case, but that's not the point. The point is is that it's simply better, or I should say, less worse, than your own death.

Also tbh I don't really remember when this debate became about lynch between you and KB, I think that we might be sidetracking it here. I'm just saying that accepting your death as a townie is almost always a bad thing, and AT was no exception.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You acknowledge you let your own lynch happen when everyone can see it was not the pro-town move. It's nice to see you admit your incompetence.

Also - what you say is not true - I wasn't active most of D2 & replaced out, and had questionable activity D1. My personal read on KB was null, IIRC.

I still find it infinitely amusing you activated your Gold Dice post-bit in a vain attempt to imply you are good. Oh, two MVP's? You must be Jesus incarnate.

I bow before your might.
Why does everyone keep saying this? I've never changed anything in my post-bit.

Omni said:
Consider this: Swiss could have been scum trying to push a town lynch. Luckily, he wasn't, but as a townie (or a good mafia player in general) you have to prove that you are town while facing false accusations that you could be scummy from actual real scum. Like... you don't let yourself die because you're being pressed into a corner and you wanna' make a point that a potential townie partner is wrong.

Tho' I definitely understand the feeling.
While that's possible, the only way I could turn the lynch around to him is by more nonsense; if I was wrong (which is always possible on D1), it'd lead to the inevitable double mislynch. First him then me, or vice versa. He didn't actually have a case; I had been busy with work and hadn't posted much, and that was about all he had. There's no real way to attack or defend that with reason, and any defense of it only dilutes town's chances.

Sworddancer said:
If you're not going to "gamble" on lynching someone since you might be incorrect, what possible alternative do you have?

Also I'm just arguing probability here. I agree with you that lynching someone else just because you know you're town and you don't know their alignment is a bad case, but that's not the point. The point is is that it's simply better, or I should say, less worse, than your own death.

Also tbh I don't really remember when this debate became about lynch between you and KB, I think that we might be sidetracking it here. I'm just saying that accepting your death as a townie is almost always a bad thing, and AT was no exception.
Your own death is meaningless in mafia if you are town; I still could have "won" with my wincon, and that's what I play to. Thinking I could save myself while pushing town in a good direction is short-term thinking; I would have eventually been placed in a situation by any sort of competent scum that would result in my lynch unless I happened to lynch scum that day instead, and I would have forced all discussion into a negative, emotion-based form.

TL;DR, players that start wagons like Ryker/Swiss did are pretty much the epitome of anti-town, and I don't play that game. As the numbers shrink and people are held more accountable for their actions the people who play like that are always lynched, always, if they remain alive simply because scum have superior numbers and it only takes a little momentum to take them out. Generally by, surprise surprise, Day 3.

The pro town thing to do when someone creates a mess like that is to either clean it up or let that player have their mislynch and hope town can regroup.

What do you think Day 2 would have been if I had forced a No Lynch, or lynched some other random townie? I'd bet you bottom dollar it'd have been the same as Day 1. Even if RF and I both survived Day 2, it'd come back on D3 on loop and it'd help scum the entire time.

I had no reason to suspect RFiction as anything but playing as bad town, so had no intention of pushing a lynch on him or going into a long, drawn out anti-town fight. It's better to say "okay, lynch me then" and then let town discuss other matters for the rest of the day phase.

Omni

BRoomer
While that's possible, the only way I could turn the lynch around to him is by more nonsense; if I was wrong (which is always possible on D1), it'd lead to the inevitable double mislynch. First him then me, or vice versa. He didn't actually have a case; I had been busy with work and hadn't posted much, and that was about all he had. There's no real way to attack or defend that with reason, and any defense of it only dilutes town's chances.
I mean, that's only the case if your goal was to "turn the lynch around to him". You don't try to get a person lynched just because they're trying to lynch you aka OMGUS. That is, you don't try to lynch a person who is lynching you for the sake of survival if you have an honest town read on the person. Playing to survive rarely benefits town if you're willing to sacrifice a view towns/claims to keep yourself in the game.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm liking OS's responses to the case brought up against him, but I don't see how that would make him scum

vote: Ranmaru

Ran however clearly isn't even reading the thread, he just jumps in trying to buddy Zen. Don't think I didn't see you RR and Seph not posting either, you're up next.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I mean, that's only the case if your goal was to "turn the lynch around to him". You don't try to get a person lynched just because they're trying to lynch you aka OMGUS. That is, you don't try to lynch a person who is lynching you for the sake of survival if you have an honest town read on the person. Playing to survive rarely benefits town if you're willing to sacrifice a view towns/claims to keep yourself in the game.
Agreed, which is why I died. There wasn't really any discussion on any of the players on D1 worth mentioning, and RF's bluster was the only topic of discussion that was actually based on content.

Axel

J|Zεη
I like being friends with Zen. :3

Zen be friends with me!
Of course n_n!

Overswarm I forgot to tell you something way back when that I just thought of. I kept it to myself to use to my advantage but some times your games can be mod metad. Mainly because of the fact that you don't always give the roles out randomly. Like the reason I was so sure Meta-Kirby was indy in FF6 is because I knew you intentionally made him, Vandy, and I scum that game after we teamed up as town in Villains mafia. It was also part of the reason for my scum read on X1 in superheros mafia. I knew that you put as on opposite alignments after we teamed up in Fire Emblem. I suspect you wanted to see if I could actually read him as I said I could. I also know that you intentionally gave me the deadpool role that game because you described me as being too chatty right after Fire Emblem ended. So yeah just saying you should give the roles out completely randomly. Also make sure that the set up can't be metad like Cello did in FF6 :c

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Overswarm I forgot to tell you something way back when that I just thought of. I kept it to myself to use to my advantage but some times your games can be mod metad. Mainly because of the fact that you don't always give the roles out randomly. Like the reason I was so sure Meta-Kirby was indy in FF6 is because I knew you intentionally made him, Vandy, and I scum that game after we teamed up as town in Villains mafia. It was also part of the reason for my scum read on X1 in superheros mafia. I knew that you put as on opposite alignments after we teamed up in Fire Emblem. I suspect you wanted to see if I could actually read him as I said I could. I also know that you intentionally gave me the deadpool role that game because you described me as being too chatty right after Fire Emblem ended. So yeah just saying you should give the roles out completely randomly. Also make sure that the set up can't be metad like Cello did in FF6 :c
Oh wow. Holy crap.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yay!

Let's Vote: Glyfe together :3

Interesting about da mod meta. *twirls moostash*

Swiss

Smash Lord
Of course n_n!

People need to stop doing this. You cannot just edit your games to make them 'good' - it means some lesser known players will consistently get VT and never learn how to fully play this game.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Of course n_n!

http://www.random.org/lists/

That's how I pick my roles. >_>

I list up names based on signup, then randomize that list and go one by one down the list. The only time I've ever re-ran it was in FF4 mafia in the BBR, since people new to mafia all got the mafia roles (and that's disastrous). You can attempt to meta who gets what role, but that'd just be luck.

Edit: I have given a role to Adumbrodeus on purpose once. :B

Overswarm

is laughing at you
People need to stop doing this. You cannot just edit your games to make them 'good' - it means some lesser known players will consistently get VT and never learn how to fully play this game.
I use a randomizer, but that wouldn't actually affect my games because I don't have VTs! :B

Overswarm

is laughing at you

I was curious, so I looked at who had been what alignment in my games.

At a glance, the only people to have been every alignment (town/indie/scum) are J and Vanderzant.

Most often town? Rajam, with 3; Zen and Swiss are close behind with 2 entries as town and 1 as scum each and Ranmaru, GLG, and EdreesesPieces all as two townies as well.

Most often scum? Nabe, with 2. Other scum players can be found in the chart above.

Blue is town, red is scum, green is indie.

And if you think I'd make X1-12 Kefka in FF6 mafia OR Harley on purpose I have strong words for you. -_-;;

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If I get really bored someday and the opening post for people's games are updated I might do that chart with everyone's games...

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Skimming is scummy, and town-swiss would be making 100% more amazing jokes while posting.

Vote: Swiss

I suppose that chart doesn't have my town flip from FFT factored in yet.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Jesus man! You've just ****ing confirmed that your flip wasn't tampered with. Do you think before posting?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
RR, my critique of you was DEFINITELY wrong.

I honestly don't know what to say you. Get more involved in games, is one that springs to mind right now. Biased opinion, so take it however you want.

Rajam

Smash Champion

I was curious, so I looked at who had been what alignment in my games.

At a glance, the only people to have been every alignment (town/indie/scum) are J and Vanderzant.

Most often town? Rajam, with 3; Zen and Swiss are close behind with 2 entries as town and 1 as scum each and Ranmaru, GLG, and EdreesesPieces all as two townies as well.

Most often scum? Nabe, with 2. Other scum players can be found in the chart above.

Blue is town, red is scum, green is indie.

And if you think I'd make X1-12 Kefka in FF6 mafia OR Harley on purpose I have strong words for you. -_-;;
I've been town actually 5 times in your games:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV
Villains
Super Heroes
Super Mario RPG

:O

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I've been town actually 5 times in your games:

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV