• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xonar is Bored aka Xonar's feedback and ranking thread

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm not gonna lie, that was probably one of my favorite indie performances of all time. It would only ever work in the BBR with so many people new to it, but man.

One mafia member in the game. Recruiter, every Night.

Town roles that can kill recruited mafia, but not the recruiter.

Indies that live and die and return to life together.

Somehow flips indie, comes back to life, and LO AND BEHOLD convinces town he's working with them.

Literally started a witch hunt for a non-existent enemy.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
the setup was nuts. don't forget

what was that last thing we did on the last day? activate: time era stop or something, lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haev you not been in an OS game? I forget sometimes.

If you weren't a link that said the name of the game in the DGames MVP archives I didn't add you in there.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Since Gheb closes all his threads before I have the chance to comment on them, I'm going to park my response here. I need to be able to play better when I'm placed in a pocket and to have better foresight of when it's coming to tackle my ***. I need to rely less on making predictions on how other factions will play as that has screwed me over in the past and just work on solidifying my own game individually. I'm not really sure how to improve at this point as there are so many pieces of my game that I can sort out as being awkward and erratic from another person's point of view. And unfortunately I do not have the time to stay committed to games as I did previously. However I will try in my next game to not get lynched the day of or the day after (and to get better reads). ;~;

Also I'm sorry for giving up on G3S as warlock. It just seemed implausible that I would still not be lynched after my push the last day phase and getting a possible Felipe mislynch in the game. I guessed my warlock on Red Ryu as I didn't think that mafia would wifom and thought that push would be between me, Inferno, and maybe Red Ryu. The block on Felipe that I outed was me finding the easiest solution to Sword's press on Felipe which I thought needed to be addressed with something like a PR claim. Ultimately the idea failed since (1) I didn't push hard enough for it and (2) I lacked mafia support which ended up on the situation reversing. In addition Felipe was showing his emotions which made him seem legitimate as town had decided to treat the interaction as TvS. Coupled with these factors, I knew I didn't have the time to put into this game as the other players who would likely push on me. Therefore I caved in as the chance of making it through seemed miniscule. I initially felt bad for mafia as I had given town an easy anti-town lynch. But after seeing some of the decisions mafia made when it came to night kills and other related actions, I feel that scum overall played a sub-par game and got steamrolled by a mostly par-town.

Tl;dr Poor warlock guess on the night after I had a poor day performance. Poor night guess was based on not knowing mafia, not catching up entirely with the game, and assuming mafia would just kill Felipe. Poor day performance was just bad setup speculation and trying to play hero when I just had an Omni case that was premature, even though I did think that his play was inconsistent and that he was some sort of scum (not a swipe at Omni, just poor reading on my part). Optimal standard play would have just been to lurk or play in the background. Another bad game to move on from.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman

I was curious, so I looked at who had been what alignment in my games.

At a glance, the only people to have been every alignment (town/indie/scum) are J and Vanderzant.

Most often town? Rajam, with 3; Zen and Swiss are close behind with 2 entries as town and 1 as scum each and Ranmaru, GLG, and EdreesesPieces all as two townies as well.

Most often scum? Nabe, with 2. Other scum players can be found in the chart above.

Blue is town, red is scum, green is indie.

And if you think I'd make X1-12 Kefka in FF6 mafia OR Harley on purpose I have strong words for you. -_-;;
I was Mafia in both FF6 and Super Heroes, but I replaced out of the former so maybe you didn't count that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Naybor's one of my favorite scummates on the site. Rarely gets lynched, intelligent enough to pull himself outta jams, just scummy enough to pull a bus if necessary, and has shocking longevity.

Axel

J|Zεη
http://www.random.org/lists/

That's how I pick my roles. >_>

I list up names based on signup, then randomize that list and go one by one down the list. The only time I've ever re-ran it was in FF4 mafia in the BBR, since people new to mafia all got the mafia roles (and that's disastrous). You can attempt to meta who gets what role, but that'd just be luck.

Edit: I have given a role to Adumbrodeus on purpose once. :B
Why are you lying to me :c
Nah I understand about keeping your rep so it's fine. I need your help with something btw, you have skype?

Axel

J|Zεη
Gord's mafia game power level has increased dramatically.
Ranmaru's play has improved much as well.

I think those are the two I've noticed the most improvement from lately.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
can we comment about me too i've been pretty baller lately imo

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You've done better if you care enough.

Problem is, you don't sometimes.

And yes, Gorf got ridiculously good while I was gone. His reads aren't top-tier, but he can push, save his ***, blend his meta as scum to the point where you need a bead on him on now, and make the right play as town.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
b-but my reads are right too ;_;

the only thing i need to work on is being more convincing, and that means i have to put effort which what laundry says if i care enough

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I could use some advice on how to play D1. I don't know exactly what questions to ask to refer back to after a flip or how to push someone out of their comfort zone to get convincing answers.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Soup two questions:

1. Why do you play mafia? What incentive do you have to play this game and improve at it?
2. Why do you care about what others think about you so much? Sometimes I worry about you. I worry that, much like Nich, you play this game in an attempt to seek approval from others rather than simply doing it for your own enjoyment.

Top Bottom