• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Anyone here get Kinect today?
Nope, the only game so far that looks interesting is the boxing game, but that game alone doesn't convince me to buy a 150 dollar device. Sonic Riders could be good as well, but again there needs to be a decent number of good games to convince me to buy it.

Jeb Hat

Smash Rookie
Kinect looks kinda interesting, but unless they come up with some downright amazing games, no one's gonna buy it. (not for $150 at least)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
kinect is a blemish on an otherwise acne free console (except when the console has 3 red lights and can fry an egg on its motherboard).

I would consider it for 50$ maybe

150? Is Microsoft out of its mind?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No. I think Microsoft is aiming towards kid friendly with the Kinect, so Parents would deff buy such a thing.

I mean, if you could get game content from Mcdonalds, forget it.

Plus, I will be getting Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Gears of war 2, Pgr3, and Command and Conquer 3 in the mail : ]

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No. I think Microsoft is aiming towards kid friendly with the Kinect, so Parents would deff buy such a thing.

I mean, if you could get game content from Mcdonalds, forget it.

Plus, I will be getting Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Gears of war 2, Pgr3, and Command and Conquer 3 in the mail : ]
Feel free to add me: II F8AL II

:)

Grandeza

Smash Master
I have a question. i have a netflix and i share it with my friend so he can use it on his xbox too. Now a third friend would like access to my netflix. i'm fine with giving it to him but is there a consequence to this? Like will netflix find out if i give it to x amount of people. Can I let 2 people besides me use netflix on their xboxes?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I have a question. i have a netflix and i share it with my friend so he can use it on his xbox too. Now a third friend would like access to my netflix. i'm fine with giving it to him but is there a consequence to this? Like will netflix find out if i give it to x amount of people. Can I let 2 people besides me use netflix on their xboxes?
No consequence really. However, say you're on netflix on your xbox, and your friend logs in on another xbox it will log you out.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I just got Meat Boy. Discuss. : ] (it's ok I guess, I tried the demo and I like it)

(for 800 pts before deal would end)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It will have a good start, but I think it's going to fall short along with move. Then again, I hate move like games; all the Wii games I own are not casual.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
my brothers gf is asking me good games she could get my brother for christmas, surprisingly I couldnt think of much so any suggestions

The games he constantly plays are
-COD franchise (he doesnt like halo)
-Red Dead Redemption
-NBA 2K10

The only suggestion I could think of was madden 11

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
my brothers gf is asking me good games she could get my brother for christmas, surprisingly I couldnt think of much so any suggestions

-Red Dead Redemption
-NBA 2K10

Since he constantly plays RDR, I'm assuming he likes to play games with lots of content in them.

- Borderlands (GOTY edition)
- Fallout 3 (GOTY edition)
- GTA IV (With the 2 DLCs)
- Bioshock

To name a few.

EDIT: Microsoft has sold over 2.5 million Kinects!

http://kotaku.com/5701671/kinect-sees-25-million-sales-in-25-days
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/29/kinects-global-sales-reach-2-5-million-with-the-help-of-black-f/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

-Red Dead Redemption
-NBA 2K10

Only thing I can think of is:

Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Xbox Live Rewards program launches

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/01/xbox-live-rewards-program-launches/

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/12/01/introducing-the-xbox-live-rewards-program.aspx

The website for the US/UK-only loyalty program is now live, and you can sign up and check out the rewards.

It's kind of like Club Nintendo, except instead of fans and tote bags, you get Microsoft Points. The bonuses range from 10 MSP for renewing a one-month membership, all the way to 400 for buying or renewing a family plan. You can also get 100 points for activating Netflix, unspecified bonuses for buying certain things on Marketplace, and an occasional 20 points for taking surveys. Microsoft also promises "cool prizes" in promotions.

I hope it comes to Canada at some later date. Would love to get some free MSP for renewing my LIVE subscription every year.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol just renewed. I guess it mostly is for newer xbox customers... I don't really need points anyways. : ] but renewing points would be nice.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I just got Meat Boy. Discuss. : ] (it's ok I guess, I tried the demo and I like it)

(for 800 pts before deal would end)
Super Meat Boy is good. I'm glad I got it at the 800 msp price.

I'm kind of a big deal on the leaderboards. Check out some of my replays. These aren't even my best ones (Volumes 2 and 3 will have all the ****).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Steve Ballmer just announced at CES that they've sold 8 million Kinects and the 360 has broken the 50 million mark.

And who said Kinect would fail? :p

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The Xbox LIVE friend referral program is now live/active!

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/13/xbox-live-friend-referral-program-is-live/

Details here:

Referring friends (by Gamertag), can net existing Gold members tokens, which can be used to redeem one of four rewards, according to the promotion's "Official Rules":

- Get your free member friend to go Gold and (1) you and your friend will each get 400 Microsoft Points* or (2) 600 Microsoft Points*, depending on the active offer.
- Get your free member friend to go Gold and (3) you and your friend will get a multiplayer Xbox Live Arcade game of Microsoft's choosing.
- Get your free member friend to try Gold with a promotional token good for 1 month of Gold, and (4) if your friend redeems the token within 30 days, you'll get 200 Microsoft Points*.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Nice, for some reason, I think there will probably be a way to abuse this system, like making multiple accounts using those 48 hour cards that you get with certain games.
Nope. They've already thought of stuff like that.

Any funny business ("using multiple/different email addresses, Xbox Live accounts, identities, registrations and logins," etc.), Microsoft notes, will be grounds for disqualification.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/01/18/xbox-live-and-xbox-com-updates-this-week.aspx

Microsoft released its latest Dashboard update for the Xbox 360 on Wednesday. It re-enables the Boot-to-Disc option once disabled to discourage piracy but also blocks those flashed with hacked firmware to load bootleg games. Officially known as the anti-piracy 2.5 update, it's reportedly effective as a large number of modders on forums have said they can't load their burned games after the install.

The update is mandatory to play on Xbox Live.

At the same time, Microsoft’s Major Nelson confirmed the company will make subtle changes to Xbox Live gamer cards on January 20. The look will be different, while a user's gamer zone has been removed.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
That's great. But frankly I'd prefer some kind of update that can detect people with mods and auto-ban them(looking at you MW2 hackers). Then again idk if a feature like that is possible.

Edit: Actually I may have misunderstood, does the update only prevent people from playing bootleg games or does it also block other kinds of mods as well?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That's great. But frankly I'd prefer some kind of update that can detect people with mods and auto-ban them(looking at you MW2 hackers). Then again idk if a feature like that is possible.

Edit: Actually I may have misunderstood, does the update only prevent people from playing bootleg games or does it also block other kinds of mods as well?
Something like that is already in place. It's only a matter of time before your console/GT is banned from XBL. Microsoft tends to ban consoles in waves. You'd have to be an idiot to mod your console and then connect to XBL.

It prevents people from playing those certain games offline and online.

And the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo is coming out tomorrow for XBL gold members. Going to download it and give it a try.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Something like that is already in place. It's only a matter of time before your console/GT is banned from XBL. Microsoft tends to ban consoles in waves. You'd have to be an idiot to mod your console and then connect to XBL.

It prevents people from playing those certain games offline and online.

And the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo is coming out tomorrow for XBL gold members. Going to download it and give it a try.
Does that ban include those who use modded controllers? I wish they would get banned, though idk if there's anyway that a modded controller can be detected.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Does that ban include those who use modded controllers? I wish they would get banned, though idk if there's anyway that a modded controller can be detected.
I don't think so. Because it would be considered "anti competitive" to ban third party controllers with that option. I guess certain game companies can do it. Like, I remember that near the end of CoD4's popularity, people started using modded controllers and using the infamous "UFO hack" but then they patched the hack and put a firing cap on all the guns.

They can detect if you're using a modded controller. (i.e. Pushing the 'A' button down 100 times in 5 sec is pretty unrealistic if you ask me.)

Oh, and the BulletStorm demo is out too. Choice...choices. :glare:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I heard about Bulletstorm, though I was thinking about getting Battlefield Bad Company 2 at some point. Is BBC2 any good?
Yes, it's really fun if you play with friends or competent randoms. Most of the time, randoms do nothing. (i.e. don't bother to plant or defuse charges and snipers just stay back at the spawn point...)

Invite me one day and I'll play with you.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
A quick (and a bit late) reminder:

From January 28 (12:00 p.m. EST / 9:00 a.m. PST) through January 31 (12:00 p.m. EST / 9:00 a.m. PST), all Xbox LIVE members will be able to try Xbox LIVE Gold for FREE!

:)

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Hey, I wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. See im at school and they set it where the MTU is too low to connect to live, cant even change it with my router. So lately i been thinking......Would it be possible to use one of those internet usb things u plug into your laptop, connect your laptop to my xbox, and connect to live that way?

Top Bottom