• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Pick up Dr Carrol. Planning on getting that if I have any points left over after I buy the Castle Crashers Expansions

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Meh, I just ended up getting 2 episodes of Celebrity Death Match (lolwut the Rock vs. Chris Rock XD) and got a new gamer picture of Meatwad from ATHF

JOE!

Smash Hero
so, just downloaded the trial for the Deadliest Warrior game....

they made the Spartan their Brawl ganon ;_;

Seriously, tapping X once does TWO spear thrusts....which leaves you open in a game where there are 2 hit kills.

Shielding is a BAD IDEA, as you will lose your shield, and it hurts you. Not to mention that when you arent specifically shielding, the shield offers 0 protection against attacks that hit it, hell, hitting the shield at all does full damage of the attack to the spartan....

Hopefully the full version has unlockable weapons/etc that alleviate this stupidity....

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Well, my 360 is fried and it can't read any of my discs. It started with the disc unreadable message, but it has escalated to the final stage it seems. I can only play games that I have downloaded to my hard drive, but that's not going to do. Good thing I have graduation money, so I guess I'll be picking up a new one tomorrow. Hello Xbox 360 slim (and best buy warranty for sure).

By the way, anyone who has not seen the movie Inception, go see it. Maybe the best movie I've ever seen.

Who on earth said I hated it? Hating, and simply not being able to do it are two different things my friend. I'd certainly want to be able to do cool shenanigans. :)

I want to see that. Good to know it's good.

And my heart goes out to you and your system. Though if you can, hold off on the slim. I've heard there are problems with it, so maybe hold off for round 2 of the new editions. But I understand the need for a new box. @_@ I got an arcade when my system failed. It failed hard too... but I'm also cheap and married. >.> So money is not an easy thing to come by.

READ DRESDEN FILES. Book #2 is "Fool Moon". In case you need to find it. ;)
Yeah, it's totally worth the money, but I should tell you now that you have to pay very close attention to this movie. I guess that sounds kind of stupid, as I'm sure you pay attention to every movie, but this one has sooo many details and things that come at you pretty quickly, and they change the story too, so follow it as best you can. It's a doozy, but it's fantastic. :laugh:

I've heard the new system has overheating problems, but I'm not paying for it so I might as well try it lol. I have never had overheating problems with my current xbox, but we'll have to see about this one. This new xbox has a lot of features that I like, such as the hard drive and multiple USB ports. I also think it's nice that I can get rid of my XBL adapter, seeing as this one is built in. I'll have the best buy warranty that's about $70 anyways, so if it does have problems, I can just flash my receipt and get a brand new one.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Well, my 360 is fried and it can't read any of my discs. It started with the disc unreadable message, but it has escalated to the final stage it seems. I can only play games that I have downloaded to my hard drive, but that's not going to do. Good thing I have graduation money, so I guess I'll be picking up a new one tomorrow. Hello Xbox 360 slim (and best buy warranty for sure).

By the way, anyone who has not seen the movie Inception, go see it. Maybe the best movie I've ever seen.
If you get a new 360 make sure you transfer licenses if you're doing a hardrive transfer.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
If you get a new 360 make sure you transfer licenses if you're doing a hardrive transfer.
Yeah, I've seen the Xbox 101 videos and several other videos on youtube about doing that. I've already purchased the transfer cable for the harddrive, so I'm pretty much set. I'm excited to finally have an xbox that can play all of my **** games.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Is it even worth downloading?

Can you watch Dvd's or listen to CD's?

Nvm, just fasepalmed because you already bought a new one. I was having this problem, an friend told me to try inserting a CD and then insert my game disc right after. It worked. I haven't had any problems since. :D

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Question

I'm trying to configure my xbox to my windows media player thing so I can play music while I play (I assume that's possible right?) and I can't connect to it. I'm followed all the steps in the xbox website, but I can't get it to connect to my computer. It keeps saying that it doesn't detect my computer

What am I doing wrong here?

And don't say just simply connect my MP3 player to my Xbox, because I've tried already. For some reason it won't detect my phone and I can't play any music from it

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
The computer has to be turned on, I believe. And it has to remain on for the entire duration of using Media Player. Horribly inefficient, but true.

Also, the one time I player music on my Xbox was when I plugged in a USB stick which had some music on it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have it on all the time and for some reason it still won't work

I'm tired of hearing randoms talk in CoD, I just want my music playing :mad:

Chico113

Smash Apprentice

...really? Why would I waste hours uploading more than a thousand songs onto a USB when I can easily plug my phone, that's worked before but has stopped working suddenly for some reason, into my Xbox
most likely an update i think. but don't worry.

oh that is cool

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

...really? Why would I waste hours uploading more than a thousand songs onto a USB when I can easily plug my phone, that's worked before but has stopped working suddenly for some reason, into my Xbox
You should be grateful that someone is trying to help you with your problem. And I highly doubt that you really listen to every single one of those thousand plus songs.

Maybe try googling for PC programs? I use Connect360 for my computer. Lets me stream music and movies so I can listen/watch on my TV.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Alright, so I need help... again

So I'm playing XBL and all when I have to go and eat. I turn off my Xbox and when I come back in, I try to go online in MW2. It won't let me however. It says that I can't connect to XBL and there's two options. One says OK and the other one says Test Connection.

So I go and test my connection and it says that XBL is up and running when I first see the screen. So I press Test XBL connection and it says that everything is fine and that XBL is still up and running

So I have XBL fine, yet I can't actually use it... wut?

EDIT:

Hmmm... now in the status screen it says that creating a new XBL account, managing those accounts, or recovering an account of a different console can cause difficulties for me. It says that they're aware of the problem and are fixing it....

I suppose I now I don't have to worry about anything rihgt?

EDIT2:

Ok it's working now nevermind. Disregard this post

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Its only a 10 dollar increase, I honestly don't think its that bad, I think its still pretty affordable. Then again I also play online a lot more.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Its only a 10 dollar increase, I honestly don't think its that bad, I think its still pretty affordable. Then again I also play online a lot more.
It's not the price increase, it's the principle. They're charging you more for no additional features. The original Xbox must be rolling in it's grave right now.

EDIT:

New Xbox 360 controller with twist-up D-pad coming Nov. 9, bundled with charge kit for $65

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/31/new-xbox-360-controller-dpad-release-date/
http://kotaku.com/5626526/microsoft-reveals-new-360-controller-with-transforming-d+pad

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL They better give me some Hulu!

Also, btw, anyone have Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2? Cmon play me! : ] I'm good.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
LOL They better give me some Hulu!

Also, btw, anyone have Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2? Cmon play me! : ] I'm good.
Maybe but it'll cost money cause I don't think that Hulu is free anymore. We Canadians get none of the features that everyone else gets.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
ok im a n00b when it comes to the 360

I'm strongly leaning on buying a slim, and I know it has wifi

so this means I can use it without using an ethernet cable right, the question is, does it lag? as opposed to using an ethernet

sorry I just attribute the word "wifi" to lag cause of brawl lol

edit: and the games I'm planning to play are reach and black ops

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
ok im a n00b when it comes to the 360

I'm strongly leaning on buying a slim, and I know it has wifi

so this means I can use it without using an ethernet cable right, the question is, does it lag? as opposed to using an ethernet

sorry I just attribute the word "wifi" to lag cause of brawl lol

edit: and the games I'm planning to play are reach and black ops
Yes, you do not need to use an ethernet cable to connect to Xbox LIVE if you have the Wi-Fi adapter add-on for the old 360s or the new 360s with built-in Wi-Fi capabilities.

Does it lag? No, although when I borrowed my friend's Wi-Fi 360 adapter to play on Xbox LIVE, I noticed that it wasn't as good when I played via my ethernet cable. Still works though.

You really won't notice any difference in terms of speed when playing online using Wi-Fi as opposed to using an ethernet cable.

In summary: Go for it! Wi-Fi really shines if your 360 is far away from your router.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
One thing I encountered when I got the slim, it froze a lot. Though it hasn't been freezing at all lately after I did what customer support(which was to clear system cache). So I might have just had a few corrupted files or something(I don't mod). I just figured I should point that out if you're planning on getting a slim.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
So I've been thinking of buying a 360. (Around November though, not right now)

The one I've got my eyes on is the slim version (The full name it's listed as on the page is "S Premium 250GB", for what that's worth).

Should I also just get Live straight away, even though I don't plan to buy any games for now that support it? (Getting only one game at the same, more later)
How much does the lack of live prevent, compared to having it?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I've been thinking of buying a 360. (Around November though, not right now)

The one I've got my eyes on is the slim version (The full name it's listed as on the page is "S Premium 250GB", for what that's worth).

Should I also just get Live straight away, even though I don't plan to buy any games for now that support it? (Getting only one game at the same, more later)
How much does the lack of live prevent, compared to having it?
Every Xbox 360 comes with three "1 month Xbox LIVE gold trials" when you create a gamer tag to play against other people on Xbox LIVE. You can create three different GTs and try out XBL gold on them. After that, your GT will be reverted back to silver and you can't play online.

Since you don't plan on buying any games that support XBL, I'd recommend creating a offline profile and not a XBL GT. That way, when you do buy games to play online, you can just create a new GT.

Live plays a big part with the 360. You'll automatically get game patches/updates when you put the game(s) in and load them, have the ability to download game demos/trailers, movies etc. off the XBLM when you connect to XBL.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Xbox Live Update Preview Program now accepting sign-ups

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/22/xbox-live-update-preview-program-now-accepting-sign-ups/

http://kotaku.com/5645109/sign-up-now-for-the-new-xbox-live-preview-program

Microsoft is set to roll out some significant changes to its Xbox Live service this year, and wanted to run them by you first. An Xbox Live Update Preview Program is now accepting registrants online, and will grant selected users early access to the Xbox's updated user interface, the Xbox Live on-demand ESPN service, and the enhanced Netflix interface.
The Xbox Live update will introduce a new audio codec for online communication -- if you're selected, your voice chat will become incompatible with the older version. Survey says: "Because you are participating in an exclusive pre-release program, you will not be able to voice chat with non-participants during the preview program period." Game chat should not be impacted
Not gonna sign up to this because of the voice chat restrictions.

Top Bottom