• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xbox

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I recently got one red corner lit up and it went away after turning off the system. A day later, only the center power icon lit up green. The ring is unlit, no green or red. On top of that, I can't connect a controller, but it CAN turn the system on by pressing the xbox icon on the controller. I don't get any video or audio.

This goes off and on; I got it to work twice, but it went after I changed something (went from SD A/V to component cables and putting the hard drive in).

Anyone know what to do?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
GAH. I just got a new turtle beach x 11and my friends say it sounds "static-y" on their end. My old microsoft mic was "echo-y" and I just buy a 60$ mic and it's trash? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Someone please help, please..

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well if they do another promotion like playing with Ozzy Osbourne on MW2, then they'll just meed the extra space. When I tried to befriend Ozzy, his friends list was already full. Enough reason for them to put more friends imo

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well if they do another promotion like playing with Ozzy Osbourne on MW2, then they'll just meed the extra space. When I tried to befriend Ozzy, his friends list was already full. Enough reason for them to put more friends imo
It's the least they could do since the original Xbox has died for nothing so far.

And I don't know what you can buy for 160 MSP, sorry. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
****, I only see gamerpictures worth 120 points >_>

Ah well thanks
There's a reason why they give you those amounts in MSP. It's so you'll always have some points left over. That makes you buy more points to buy stuff. Smart, eh?

How much do themes cost? 240 MSP?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I was wanting to get some themes, but I didn't think they made them so expensive.

Man, MSP is so annoying. Can't they be at least square when you spend them like Nintendo do with THEIR points? God the fact that they go up by increments of 200 and so is so annoying because then you'll have some left over >____>

rsr2

Smash Lord
I say just save the 160 points. I usually save all my leftover points and eventually it will add up and you can purchase something. Or generally wait until a game is half off or discounted or something.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, I was wanting to get some themes, but I didn't think they made them so expensive.

Man, MSP is so annoying. Can't they be at least square when you spend them like Nintendo do with THEIR points? God the fact that they go up by increments of 200 and so is so annoying because then you'll have some left over >____>
Lol I have 20 points left over. That won't make me buy more points xD I just buy what I know I can... I got Banjo Kazooie, and that's that for now.

Hmmmm...

What add ons can you get with 160 pts... just buy like two episodes on Zune or something.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I got 5$ on a microsoft card from a friend and eh, to complete the costume I'm gonna get a GoW2 theme... what's the best one? Sucks they don't let you preview them before buying them

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
So I got 5$ on a microsoft card from a friend and eh, to complete the costume I'm gonna get a GoW2 theme... what's the best one? Sucks they don't let you preview them before buying them

I thought they did. Can't you go to the avatar marketplace (or whatever it's called) when you edit your avatar? I know you can go over them and the stuff appear on your avatar so you can see what they look like.

Never understood why people buy avatar stuff tbh.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No I meant a premium theme

I already bought GoW crap for my avatar a week ago
Oops, my bad.

Yeah, I agree that it makes no sense that you can't preview themes. And you do know that you can make your own 360 theme on the computer, put it on a USB stick, plug it in and select it to be your theme? It's free and open to your creativity! (Like, you could make your own Gears of War 2 theme or Pokemon one if you want)

Cause I remember a while ago I found this sweet MW2 image on the Internet and used it for a while.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
**** you can actually do that?

Holy ****. Any specific program I should use?
Yeah, it's one the not-so-well known features of the 360. It's basically better than "premium" themes cause you can use whatever image(s) you wish and create the best looking custom 360 theme! :)

Nope, any image editing program will do. I'll post a link on your VM wall now with instructions.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm sure Gimp could do well in that area. : D

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just thought I'd let everyone know that "Xbox LIVE silver" has been renamed to "Xbox LIVE Free". No need features have been announced/added for either service.

And there will an a new redesigned dashboard next month, I believe.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well... Silver sounded better I guess.

Hmmm, I like the new dashboard thing though.

Seems as Xbox live is down. ;-;

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, the new dashboard looks pretty lame. I like the current one we have better. Imo, there really is no reason why they should update something that's perfect now

I mean, yeah, it was excellent when they first updated it from that ugly slides dashboard thing we had, but now it's just pretty meh :/

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I didn't notice anything new about it? I guess I'll go back on and check to see if there were any changes.

Edit: Still don't notice anything new about it.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Just got the new update. I personally do not like it but oh well I will get use to it.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I don't like the menu too much. When I go to the side it hurts my eyes quite a bit, but I suppose I'll get used to it :ohwell:

I suppose there's still no way to connect an iTouch or iPhone to the Xbox with this new update right :/

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Eh, I don't like the menu too much. When I go to the side it hurts my eyes quite a bit, but I suppose I'll get used to it :ohwell:

I suppose there's still no way to connect an iTouch or iPhone to the Xbox with this new update right :/
No, there isn't. I would say it's HIGHLY unlikely that Microsoft will ever release a media update to allow these devices to be connected to your 360.

How is the sound quality btw on your mics? I read it's better/different and the dashboard is *less* laggy as well.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I hope there's some way to change the white color of the menu panels, because its ugly as hell, plus it hurts my eyes somewhat.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't go online yet. xD But i have to get online soon. ;-;

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I hope there's some way to change the white color of the menu panels, because its ugly as hell, plus it hurts my eyes somewhat.
Don't think so.

And I updated an hour ago. I don't like how the avatars look now. And the dashboard isn't any slower/faster when using it. Haven't tried using my mic yet to see if the sound quality is any better/different.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah same amount of time to get up the menu. D: <

I don't really care about the colors. Green or that color, meh. It just seems like the colors are supposed to somehow fit in with the kinect theme... I hide the kinect thing though, I don't care about that.

Although I did like the dark grey menus.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, but do you think it'll do well because of the youngins? I'll just get Blur and Halo 3 or something for the 360. That's about all I need for now. (and some arcade games)

But I guess Kinect might fail too. Do you all know anyone that is getting it?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Anyone wanna recommend a good multiplayer Arcade game?

Top Bottom