• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i am pretty sure i left my pink ds lite + pearl/platinum/soulsilver at school last week. let's hope someone turned it in to lost and found and didn't run off with it :(

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
i am pretty sure i left my pink ds lite + pearl/platinum/soulsilver at school last week. let's hope someone turned it in to lost and found and didn't run off with it :(
Don't worry, I'm sure no one would steal a pink DS.

Or root for the Steelers.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
lol actually you took my shoes on accident and i was left with your over-sized monkey feet shoes

Rizen

Smash Legend
My Char has trouble coming down to stages with platforms like BF. Characters like Marth keep juggling him. What should I do?

T-block

B2B TST
Being juggled by Marth as Charizard on Battlefield is a really hard situation to deal with. If you're not using B-reversals to shift your momentum, I suggest trying that. D-air can work occassionally since it's so big, but it's pretty slow so it's never really a "safe" option.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
nair is probably a safer option than dair, but neither one will work very often unless the marth screws up

if marth is coming up at you from the side you can try trading hits with rock smash maybe

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My Char has trouble coming down to stages with platforms like BF. Characters like Marth keep juggling him. What should I do?
Mix up how you get back on stage as Charizard. It's fairly similar to the Bowser-Marth MU--go into the match fully knowing you're going to tack on a good chunk of damage nearly every time you're sent off stage. Luckily it's not nearly as bad for Charizard as it is for Bowser since Charizard has one extra jump he can use for mixups.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Yo guys I just gotta say that after working on the PT PR for zigsta it really makes me sad......what happened to everyone all the PT mains that use to not let me into the PT backroom don't even play anymore.......wtf??!@?

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've found the boards are active sometimes then cool down but grow active again eventually.

My PT's a scrub :( . A Peach juggled my Charazard. I SD by gliding and running out of jumps; it's not in my head yet. The pokemon are fun to play and the board's too cool so I can't give him up. I don't want to invest much in getting legit with PT at this point but I use him for friendlies. Plus I'm just a wifi player *sigh*.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I still play PT but its only like in frieendlies money matches and first round of tourneys or pool sets

but I just can't rely on it anymore...everytime I play PT i feel like I'm using luck to win.

Xyless

Smash Master
I've found the boards are active sometimes then cool down but grow active again eventually.

My PT's a scrub :( . A Peach juggled my Charazard.
What's that got to do with your personal skill? Charizard is super easy for Peach (and many characters) to juggle...but especially Peach with her uairs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
That part wasn't about skill but I need to learn how to get past juggling to win. Ivy and Squirtly I'm ok with in that area. I need to cope with Char's weakness better.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
for charizard and peach you want to keep a good flamethrower at her. space your fairs as well...if you get caught in a dair combo I believe at mid percents you can up B out of it. If you get her off stage make sure she's below your or level so forward throw or back throw her. She's tricky so just be good with spacing :)

CoonTail

Smash Lord
for charizard and peach you want to keep a good flamethrower at her. space your fairs as well...if you get caught in a dair combo I believe at mid percents you can up B out of it. If you get her off stage make sure she's below your or level so forward throw or back throw her. She's tricky so just be good with spacing :)
To further explain a bit cause Mata hit it on the head just in too little words lol.

Charizard's flamethrower > Peach's float approach

So as long as your properly spacing and using flamethrower you should keep her further from charizard minimizing juggle time.

Charizards Rocksmash > Peach's d-air

So if she gets in and manages to d-air you can handle this with rocksmash in two ways.
First you need to judge her float height...for the most part the peach d-air will obv come from floating so she will float above zard's head. If she floats high you just have to SDI down and input forward b so that her d-air hits the rock and triggers the counter.

Outside of those two major points to know to get from getting your zard ***** he's got a few other tricks.

U-smash is transcendent so you can attack through alot of peach's move's when she's above you.

B-air can outspace floating moves so space properly and keep her at the tip of the tail otherwise she can get through.

F-air will really give her a scare if she's offstage at all.....the sweetspot is hard to land but has quite a bit of reward if you pull it off.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Back in the day I could fairly easily land sourspot bair > sourspot bair > dair on offstage Peaches.

Top Bottom