• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
big ziggy <3

magik da troll

i always thought there should be a 'lucky save' in pokemon, which would be a defensive critical hit

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
For example...

Defog is currently the worst move in competitive play. It lowers the opponent's evasion and gets rid of the entry hazards YOU put up.

Defog should've been "Haze for entry hazards." While we're at it, it should get rid of weather effects, too.

As a result of this, people aren't forced to use Rapid Spin, but Rapid Spin doesn't become obsolete, either. Rapid Spin would be useful for someone who needs their entry hazards out, while Defog would give other people new options to eliminate the opponent's. Also, Defog isn't resisted by anyone, meaning that "spinblocking" Defog would be limited to Taunt users.

Defog's distribution isn't fantastic, but there are a few Pokémon that would benefit--Bulky Staraptor could come into vogue, scaring out Tyranitar and Defogging Stealth Rock and Sand Stream away. Defog Zapdos could allow for Thunder to become more viable on defensive sets. Empoleon resists Stealth Rock and can defeat a lot of its users with little trouble. Gliscor, known for its ability as a defensive presence, could become a premier Defogger.
Good read sir also hello PKMN trainer boards and if you guys are talking about competitive PKMN I should be in here more.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
America's rules are somewhat hilarous, please note that I'm not offending Americans, just the rules. You can drive when you hit 16, but you would still need a helmet when riding a bicyle, but the worst of all is drinking at 21.

I'm not saying it's late to start drinking on that age but in my country, you get to drink at 16, but we have a hard run at driving cars, since it's a long proces to obtain a driver's license which we are only able to get at the age of 18. Therefor we first have 2 years to deal with alcohol and learn our limits before we hit the road.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Good read sir also hello PKMN trainer boards and if you guys are talking about competitive PKMN I should be in here more.
Hit up that PokeCenter. Which reminds me, TheReflexWonder, there's a thread in the PokeCenter about Useless Move Theorymon. Your insight on Defog would be a legitimate addition. Too bad the thread is inactive, so. XD

America's rules are somewhat hilarous, please note that I'm not offending Americans, just the rules. You can drive when you hit 16, but you would still need a helmet when riding a bicyle, but the worst of all is drinking at 21.
Not even. In America, by the time a person is 18, they are allowed to:

- Drive a car, motorcycle, etc.
- Purchase a lottery ticket.
- Purchase cigarettes.
- Be married (without parental consent).
- Serve in the military forces.

...But they can't buy a beer!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Not even. In America, by the time a person is 18, they are allowed to:

- Drive a car, motorcycle, etc.
- Purchase a lottery ticket.
- Purchase cigarettes.
- Be married (without parental consent).
- Serve in the military forces.
And vote, see movies and go to places with 'adult content'.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
hi ima lucario/PT main and was wondering whats PT's best stage?
It's a lot of personal preference, but it's generally accepted to be a level where you can Baton Pass/Zero Switch--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOkF2HuSaak

Which of those levels do you like to play on the most? I have a thing for Frigate Orpheon (switching as the stage flips) and Rainbow Cruise.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The Zero switch seems to work by the pokemon falling off the platform. I wonder if in teams your partner could 'push' to create a zero switch on inanimate platforms. Using moves like Link's boomerang wind, Toon Link's Dair landing wind, Mario/squirtle water sprays, Ness' magnet ending, G&Ws Uair, right after the switch starts. ?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ivy or Char is my best, it depends. Ivy's really good in doubles when there's 2 people on your team and 1 on the opponents. Bullet seed deals good damage is spammable, more so anyway, and sets up KOs. My Squirtle's still a scrub :( .

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm gonna be repping PT as hard as I can starting now. So much more fun than any other character, especially now that I actually read up (frame 1 jab with Squirtle, Bullet Seed actually being used?!, Charizard...uh...rock smash YEAH, and, most importantly, baton pass).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm trying to get my Charizard worked into shape. It really has gotten better in recent times, but Charizard is just fundamentally pretty solid, and I'd like to see those things whipped into shape.

Xyless

Smash Master
My only problem with Charizard is gliding all the time when trying to make it back, due to it always being an inside joke (everyone loves going DOOOOOOOUUUUUUH when he starts gliding) as well as Minus making it a legitimate attack.

But then I learned that MK's glide attack outprioritizes Charizard's, which is BS. So no more gliding.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
gliding is the best mindgame

like how can they be able to focus on hitting you when theyre too busy laughing at both how slow charizard moves and the DOOOOOOOOOOOUH noise

Xyless

Smash Master
I catch people with it all the time, because they try to punish after laughing at it, I drop down a little further than they plan, wait for their attack to finish, then release the attack.

...or I cancel the glide as they're coming and nair them with my butt.

Top Bottom