• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X or Y? - PT Social

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Charizard sounds like an airplane as he glides.

Y'know, the one from Lost that crashed into the island.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm having trouble with Squirtle and using Char's glide/jumps properly. Fast little characters and gliders are unfamiliar to me. Char and Ivy I've begun to be strategic with but my squirtle is lost in predictable aggression. I have 1 new wifi replay vs *sigh* Ganon that's being uploaded.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The only characters I was ever aggro against as Squirtle was Ganon, Samus, and Link.

Also, ftilt more. It sounds simple, but it really helps.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Yea man people are afraid of squirtle...they will almost always be in shield if you short hop near them

easy empty short hop -> grabs IMO...its just mix-ups and baits...and comboing off your baits.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
help i cant beat the final boss (***SPOILERS***
mewtwo
***END SPOILERS***)on S-HARD in pkmn puzzle league

if only i were back in my pkmn puzzle league prime......

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
help i cant beat the final boss (***SPOILERS***
mewtwo
***END SPOILERS***)on S-HARD in pkmn puzzle league

if only i were back in my pkmn puzzle league prime......
Realistically, the only way to manage is to luck out and have Mewtwo clear out his play space while you drop a whole play space\'s worth of garbage blocks onto him. It\'s basically survival until then.

Xyless

Smash Master
It's funny, after reading Reflex's Super-Effective topic, my Squirtle is infinitely better than it was a week ago.

<3 Jab, ftilt, and dash attack now

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
It\'s funny, after reading Reflex\'s Super-Effective topic, my Squirtle is infinitely better than it was a week ago.

<3 Jab, ftilt, and dash attack now
Yeah, those moves are the greatest.

I haven\'t updated it in ages. I need to get on that.

Xyless

Smash Master
So, after some searching, do we have anything close to a matchup topic that actually has information on it?

The one linked to on the Pokemon Center topic is empty.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dash attack's a solid mixup, but it's nowhere near as essential as jab and ftilt.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
To be fair, Dash Attack is really Squirtle's only foolproof way of beating certain spotdodges without a hard read.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll try to work those squirtle tactics into my game, thanks.

The reason I picked up PT is he was a character, or 3, that I didn't understand. Learning the pokemon is giving me a wider understanding of how different character types operate.
Lol I play aggressive with squirtle because that's how he fights me.
The only characters I was ever aggro against as Squirtle was Ganon, Samus, and Link.
My Char doesn't know how to get back onstage without being punished. I Fair, Rock smash or fire breath and hope for the best. Any advice for me?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My Char doesn't know how to get back onstage without being punished. I Fair, Rock smash or fire breath and hope for the best. Any advice for me?
Remember that Charizard has three jumps instead of the usual two or five--this lets you jump away from the stage and then use an aerial/Rock Smash/Flamethrower to get back on. Additionally, you can jump away and bair back onstage. A lot of times people forget about this!

It's also viable to airdodge back onto the stage, followed by a grab, Fly, or upsmash.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Yeah i've moved to Cali, used to be in Florida and not going to lie So Cal needs to step it up, Fl is a ton harder. I just haven't played in a while so I was feeling a little rusty.

i think the friendlies with typh were hilarious, probably did the most random things ha

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yep, MaTa moved to LA. He works as a compositor in Hollywood now.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
nahhh making movies is much cooler ;)
Quoted for truth.

MaTa, I'm working at DreamWorks Animation this summer! I'm interning in post on Madagascar 3 and will return to it for a full-time job after I graduate in December.

Top Bottom