• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Muahaha, we're trapping all the Olimar mains!

We don't main Olimar.

The power of Christ compels you to get USMASHED.

Okay, I'm done here for now. Bye, Bowsers!

EDIT: Also, have a happy new year. ^_^

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I invited my closest friends over. We ate pizza, sausages, and Graham crackers dipped in fudge and played Brawl, Bananagrams, and Apples to Apples. Good, good times.

Hope the rest of my Bowser bros enjoyed their New Year. :)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
ROB and Bowser are going to benefit a ton from that concerning MK specifically. As for Bowser against any attack, all bets are off, it looks like.

Too bad the same can't be said for Donkey Kong.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
So now we can do what we thought we could do 2 years ago and just Up-B the ****.

I guess I have to edit my writeup then. lol

Oh if MK does nado and tries to rise, we can uptilt him.

cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

thinking about it now, PSC helps a lot with quite a few MUs...if you think about it. Falco's lasers, Bowser's tall enough to PSC the first one and...well yeah. I'm not saying a player can PSC to Dash against all of the lasers but it could work.../theorycraft

do I HAVE to change the shield button to Y? *sigh*

i can't think of more, I just woke up.

i've been using iDA as a punish for hella laggy moves/small ZAirs. Bad, or good? You guys will see what I'm talking about, I recorded...well, am going to record a few games against a friend of mine who uses Link.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What's iDA stand for?

Bowsers NEVER hibernate. We're too cool for that.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
instant dash attack, you do it by csticking down from the dash animation to use it as a move out of shield

ive been using it more than i used to just because it has the range and long lasting hitbox to punish air dodging into the ground and it puts them above bowser, which is good

also when your opponent gets hit with dash attack it always makes them feel like an idiot just because of how bad the move is

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
^ x1000

iDA is amazing to reach **** that you normally can't quickly. Especially moves that have heavy lag and push you too far away for your dash-grab/klaw to reach.

it reaches farther than short-hop klaw too (out of a shield drop I mean)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
upb out of shield? that sounds like a pretty good idea on paper. does anyone know if that works in practice?
shield nado, hold up(tap jump off) press jump then B one right after the other extremely fast.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Wasn't Phiddlesticks being sarcastic?

I mean

seriously

if you play Bowser and didn't know you could UpB OoS against tornado shame on you.

The real problem comes from MK's height. He can be high enough to shield pressure you without getting hit by fortress. With the PS technique we might be able to PS into UTilt. Maybe.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I love Phiddlesticks.

Know what I've also been loving lately? Upsmash at low percents to grab. Upsmash > grab > GR Klaw is soooo satisfying.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah Gen told us a few years ago that USmash from the back/front has properties akin to Fox's UTilt.

I just never bother using USmash like that though.

BAir is a god for recovery trapping/surprise killing. <3 my favorite aerial.

Flayl

Smash Hero
MrEh you got Bowser competition in Hawaii. How does that make you feeeeeeeeeeeel?

Oh wait you also play Zelda on the side. I guess it's even?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah Gen told us a few years ago that USmash from the back/front has properties akin to Fox's UTilt.

I just never bother using USmash like that though.
That's actually where I got the idea from. :p I found it interesting, seeing as I had never seen a Bowser actually do it in a video before.

Top Bottom