• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
Maybe it will have a mode like Smash's HP-reaches-zero-and-you're-dead mode. It might be tolerable then. :/ But yeah, supers kill? Okay. Supers ONLY means to kill. What? I dread to think how awful this game's Meta Knight will be.

On a completely unrelated note, if you happen to be curious about War of the Roses and want to sign up for the beta, you should totally use this link so I get a higher priority. :p

http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/?ref=dffacd5d091

MrEh

Smash Hero
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN ZIGSTA.

I read somewhere that one of Parrappa's moves spawns meter orbs too or something lol
That is correct. Parappa's DownB gets him free meter. Then you just use your level 2 super to get free kills on everyone. -_-

MrEh

Smash Hero
"Umm, you still haven't told me your name."

"It's Ziggurat 8."

"Ziggurat... 8? Your name sounds more like a model number. I know! How about I call you Ziggy instead?"

D

Deleted member 189823

How do you "meteor cancel"?
And how do you tech a spike offstage so you do like a strange blue-colored slide under the platform?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Press up b after being spiked to meteor cancel. It might work for other special moves too, but Im not sure on that. Regardless though, Bowser's only hope is a quick up b. You CAN meteor cancel with a jump, but specials can meteor cancel earlier.

And I dont know what you mean by 'strange blue colored slide', but to tech a spike you just SDI towards a wall or some sort (obviously easier to do on stages like Yoshi's Island and harder to do on stages like Smashville or Lylat) and press L or R (or whatever youre shield button is set to) as soon as you make contact with the wall.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My pool is Asa, Gnes, Infinity, Gladiel VaStar, and Mr. Doom. Top 3 get out. I won't be getting the 1 seed as long as Gnes is there, but I'll try my best to get 2 or 3. These MUs (Olimar, Diddy, Wario/Diddy/Marth, Pit, and Ike, in that order) are all definitely doable.

:phone:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Press up b after being spiked to meteor cancel. It might work for other special moves too, but Im not sure on that. Regardless though, Bowser's only hope is a quick up b. You CAN meteor cancel with a jump, but specials can meteor cancel earlier.

And I dont know what you mean by 'strange blue colored slide', but to tech a spike you just SDI towards a wall or some sort (obviously easier to do on stages like Yoshi's Island and harder to do on stages like Smashville or Lylat) and press L or R (or whatever youre shield button is set to) as soon as you make contact with the wall.
know; jump is the best way to meteor cancel. If you're Up B'ing, you're doing it wrong, especially if you're Bowser. looooool

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Got the 4 seed and drowned. :/

Lost 2-0 to Gnes
Lost 1-2 to Infinity. (Beat GW, lost to D3 last hit last stock on FD, lost to Diddy)
Lost to Mr. Doom 1-2. Close games.
Beat Gladiel 2-1.
Lost to Asa 1-2. Got lots of Koopacides.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

WRONG.

There is a fail window on meteor cancelling for jumps only. If you "fail" you can't jump or up special for an additional 40 frames after the window

The meteor cancel windows are (with Melee's lol one for reference)

Melee: frame 8
"tether" characters (not samus/link/tl) + Yoshi: frame 15
"normal" characters: frame 25
Metaknight, Pit, Charizard: frame 32
Wolf: frame 60

Flayl

Smash Hero
Zigsta, did you save any replays? Good job on avoiding the small steps against Infinity (or at least some of it haha).

MrEH, you know that from Asa's twitter I presume? Who did he beat?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Asa said that he got 2nd seed on Facebook. He didn't mention who he beat though.

He did mention that Mr. Doom SDIs like a monster, and he also posted who got what seed.

gnes
asa
infinity
zigsta
mr.doom
gladiel vstar

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Only one I saved was game 1 against Gnes. Most were over 3 min.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm in losers of MT/LT. All I said was I didn't wanna play a Wolf...got a Wolf round one. XD

K I got last. Lost to Wolf and Link, my 2 problem characters. Lost to every Wolf and Link since 08.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
that's tough, zigsta. it's alright, as long as you tried your best. you went to game 3 with everyone except gnes.

if you want that replay to be uploaded or something you can send it to me lol, or if you have anything else you want upped

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I got a TON of MMs recorded. Got sets with Will, PJ, Red Ryu, BSL, and JNig.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
send them through brother.

im going to atlanta so...i wont be able to get to them until the end of this week.

if you do get impatient then send them to someone else...otherwise i'll take care of them

unless you like...send em now lol

B!squick

Smash Master
Ha. Ixis messaged me on XBL asking how you did, Zig. Without knowing I said you were playing Bowser so you probably lost.

I'm so sorry I did such a good job calling it. :c

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm actually really confident in winning my matches--most of my losses were SUPER close. When they're that close, I always blame myself and not my character. I know losing close matches makes most people upset, but it makes me excited as HELL to keep playing and to keep improving. I freaking love out character.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
If those 1-2s were 2-1s, we would have seen Zig out of pools, and maybe then we would have seen him making a big splash, like Ryo, Will, or Shaky. How awesome would that have been? ;)

Nevertheless, our boy Ziggs is still a force to be reckoned with. He just needs to be more clutch next time, which is something I need to do too. Also, why didn't you ban FD against Infinity? Considering that you almost beat D3 on his home turf (which is an AMAZING feat), a change of stage could have sealed the deal for you!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I didn't ban FD because I had NO idea he had a pocket D3. XD

I really can't CP him because he has Wario, Diddy, GW, Marth, and D3. But yeah, the D3 totally shocked me. First time someone's busted out a pocket D3 on me actually. I take it as the highest level of praise when someone feels the only way they can win is to go with a +4 MU against me. :)

Top Bottom