• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Looooool, I remember that game.

I was 100% sure I'd grab the ledge when I performed that Bowser Bomb, and I was surprised when I didn't. You guys' guesses are as good as mine.

The cause was either me accidentally holding down on the stick or PS1's ledge was weird to the point where Bowser's back facing the ledge during a Bowser Bomb somehow caused him to miss at my distance (which might have simply been too far). I'm not sure which cause was the truth, but it's gotta be one of them.

So yeah, the moral of that video is PS1 + Bowser = Lulz :p

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
the point of dair? if your opponent is doing anything other than shielding you could go for a random dair and get something off of it.

most player's instincts after being attacked are to attack back, so if they do so, you can get an fsmash because of the disjoint.

if they're shielding, obviously go for the move that doesn't fear shields whatsoever... dair is a bad move in general so i would refrain from doing it unless you're just that kind of person.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, the landing hit seems to have an unusually high amount of hitstun.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

(goes off to be the very best, like no one ever was)

D

Deleted member 189823

Bowser is not so much fat as he's just huge. Just look at the size of his shell.
I think D-Air serves as a landing sometimes when the opponent expects it. It's punishable, of course, but it's shockwaves may avoid that at times.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I usually try not to attack shields in this game cuz 99% of the time you dont have the advantage.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
well i mean if you're bowser you shouldn't have to worry about that 99% of the time stuff

just do it

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont only play Bowser lol. But as Yoshi, Bowser, and Wario, I do go for shields a often.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, in tournament Ive always gone Yoshi/Mario, and just lately (as of 4 or so months ago) felt comfortable enough to go Bowser as well. I also sometimes go Luigi against Snake.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Once Luigi gets Snake into the air, he can do whatever he wants to him.

The problem is getting Snake into the air.

D

Deleted member 189823

Like a baws.
But 'gashi you main Yoshi. Or was it Mario? Nah, it's Bowser. lol, I don't even know.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mostly Yoshi, but Bowser/Mario are easily my next two most used. Not sure who I use more as it more just depends on who I play, but lately Ive been using more Bowser than Mario.

D

Deleted member 189823

Bowser ATs? Are there such things?

Anyway, I don't see why you're linking us to Wolf's frame data. .-.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well your frame data is incomplete and, ahem, doesn't go anywhere near the amount of detail as that one does.

Take a guess. ror

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I could list all of Bowser's advanced stuff right now...there are literally only like 3-5 things that Bowser has that no other character can do. All that wavebounce **** is not exclusive to him, so I wouldn't count it as an AT for Bowser

so..

Klawhopping - glitch/isjr for Bowser
Klawdropping - use side b in the air (preferably above a platform) & hold down to fall through a platform immediately. the side you face is determined by which side you use side-b on, so be creative
grab releases - it's a staple of bowser's game and is pretty advanced I guess, considering some of the frame-perfect things you can pull off. basically you just need good reflexes to know when and how your opponent will release.

I really can't think of anything else, because quite frankly up-b oos isn't really anything "advanced" in my opinion. Bowser just has good defensive tools and that's one of them. it's not like Meta Knight, Marth/Mario/any other character can do it either (save the massive amount of risk that comes out of using it for some characters)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If it's not too late I'd recommend shifting your attention to another character.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305686

That coupled with the frame data thread already gives us everything we could possibly need.

Thanks for the attention though
There's quite the possibility that it'll happen anyway to every character board anyway. Not sure yet.

:researcher:

I could list all of Bowser's advanced stuff right now...there are literally only like 3-5 things that Bowser has that no other character can do. All that wavebounce **** is not exclusive to him, so I wouldn't count it as an AT for Bowser

so..

Klawhopping - glitch/isjr for Bowser
Klawdropping - use side b in the air (preferably above a platform) & hold down to fall through a platform immediately. the side you face is determined by which side you use side-b on, so be creative
grab releases - it's a staple of bowser's game and is pretty advanced I guess, considering some of the frame-perfect things you can pull off. basically you just need good reflexes to know when and how your opponent will release.

I really can't think of anything else, because quite frankly up-b oos isn't really anything "advanced" in my opinion. Bowser just has good defensive tools and that's one of them. it's not like Meta Knight, Marth/Mario/any other character can do it either (save the massive amount of risk that comes out of using it for some characters)
Grab releasing, omb, I am so bad at that, I usually just end up jabbing afterwards lol.

I like klawhopping, but I don't have the timing down.

NEVER heard of klawdropping though.

Thanks btw~
Bowser bomb'ing the ledge maybe
I'm always scared I'll miss and die. :C

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
i can't take that game seriously

jokes aside, i'm not sure. has the game even come out yet?

B!squick

Smash Master
i can't take that game seriously

jokes aside, i'm not sure. has the game even come out yet?
Ha, why not? It looks awesome. I've always wanted one of the other big console companies to do something as epic as Smash Bros and here we are!

Stages seem a bit (see: very) gimmicky though. Like, Wario Ware level gimmicky. One starts simply enough as a LBP stage that's slowly built over the course of the battle and isn't exactly the same each time (awesome). Then that guy from that one game show game that no one plays pops up on the screen in the back ground and asks a question with four answers appearing on stage that you have to stand by. I already see this as being a CP/Banned stage.

The only other one I remember seeing from beta footage I saw on YouTubes was something to do with Jak and Daxter with a giant fish that tries to eat you if you fall in the water. Sound familiar? Though cartoons have been doing that since forever ago. And then in a transition so smooth I missed it the first time it turns into the 19th hole of a golf course where golfers in the back ground rain down a hell fire of golf balls. Like that one lava spray stage that no one plays on here. I forget the name of it. CP stage for sure.

Okay, so it looks like an even less competitive game than Brawl (tripping included), but it looks like SO much fun. I can play as Sly Cooper and beat up that dumb wanna be Indiana Jones, Nathan Drake! *_* They can't take my money fast enough. I mean, come on, I'm sure there's someone on the cast already that you'd love to play as. Big Boss is even going to be in it (rumor, but one of those rumors that you can pretty much just assume is true).

But yeah, I'd like an in-depth Smash Boards type website for this game. Talk tactics. Examine frame data. Watch vids. Get on it, internet.

Cracked.com continues to go above and beyond the normal levels of amazing man previous thought unattainable.

http://www.cracked.com/video_18446_if-nature-documentaries-didnt-let-science-get-in-way.html
http://www.cracked.com/video_18444_stuff-that-must-have-happened-first-marriage.html

Oh yeah. I bumped into Sliq on Super Monday Night Combat the other day. How random is that?

MrEh

Smash Hero
My friends got into the beta. They said that it feels really weird, and they don't like it too much. I think the issue is that you have to kill with supers, and that makes some characters blatantly better then others.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Of course there should be a character in there that I like, but I've kinda had enough of gimmicky stages..and the fact that you can only kill with a super is...disheartening.

I heard from enough people that the movement is incredibly awkward also (beta). I mean, I'll probably play it but I don't think/know if it can be used competitively lol

MrEh

Smash Hero
I'm sure it'll be improved upon, since yeah, this is only the beta.

Although I can't help but think that the game mechanics are inherently flawed. Killing with only supers is just a ridiculous idea. The fact that Superbot is pushing for this game to be played competitively is kinda silly when you take that into account.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yeah. I know a lot of people were trying turn this game for the better though, a lot of people (not surprisingly) are interested. That killing via supers is crazy.

I read somewhere that one of Parrappa's moves spawns meter orbs too or something lol

Top Bottom