• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
1st game was a 2 stock. I had some silly SD at like 60%. Second game was last hit last stock.

:phone:

D

Deleted member 189823

How could I miss that... :c
It's not every day you see a good Bowser in tournaments.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Dre. : It's Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse. Honestly the first season is the best so far, so if you're partially interested you can pretty much stop there.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Ok cool, I'll check it out.

I just got given Black Books though so it'd have to be after I watch that.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I have tons of pizza places near me, most of the general names (Pizza Hut, Dominoes, Little Ceasers, Papa Murphy's, etc), some original places, and some of the more gourmet ones too. Got some Chicago style, got thin Italian ones, all kinds of stuff, IVE GOT OPTIONS!!

Also all of this is like, 10-15 mins away.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Living in Hawaii, we have some strange pizza.

Also, Hawaiian Pizza is not from Hawaii. Just letting you guys know.

D

Deleted member 189823

That was AMAZING

also vid of mah bowser, critique me. I know I airdodged into the ground a lot I just didnt know what to do. I also know I didn't Up-B OOS like at all. I had tap jump off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wFuGw7WPuI&feature=plcp
You can UpB OoS without tap jump, I'm pretty sure most of us here do it.
I don't mean to question you, but I'm pretty sure you have to lower your shield before doing Up-B with Tap Jump off (another reason why I just don't use it). I couldn't just press Up-B inside my shield and buffer it. =/

Anyway, happyface. That song must be very popular. I mean, well played. :awesome:
I noticed a few too many Bowser bombs. I suggest using them to fast-fall the ledge (some opponents may actually fall for that, practice it a bit) or when your rather close and want an unexpected kill, you can lure them if they're right next to you (usually people would Jab and then Down-B, but I don' t think you need the Jab). Try different jab mixups: I see your GR options were mostly Jab 1 to Jab 2. You can mix that from Jab 1 to Jab 2, Jab 1 to F-Tilt, Jab to Klaw, Jab to grab (I saw you were using it a bit, but you weren't making a step forward you needed to get the grab sometimes) or just Klaw or a regrab out of GR. Nice job throwing out the F-Smash ocassionally and mixing it up with the Jab. I tend to throw it out when people are at the ledge, because they'll usually fall for it's deceptive range.

D

Deleted member 189823

Hold up while still holding the shield. Press Jump and B at the same time.
That's ridiculous. Probably not worth the U-Tilt...which reminds me, happyface, try to save the U-Tilt for the kill.

I don't even press jump. Can't say I've ever had those couple shield drop frames negatively impact me.

inb4gototurnysyounoob

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Just map jump to one of the shield buttons you dont use. Its really not that difficult. Its like things you have to get used to with practice, such as awkward motions in fighting games or whatever.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Just map jump to one of the shield buttons you dont use. Its really not that difficult. Its like things you have to get used to with practice, such as awkward motions in fighting games or whatever.

I have recently done this i just havent practiced wth it yet. I used to have R as attack to help with Peach Float Cancels but now that i can do it without the R button i changed it to jump for this reason. and a few other techs.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah I don't play with that button setting. I use the default setting, I just figured out how to do everything normally in the lab lol. Going between UTilts and USmashes isn't a problem for me.

I just know about the r/jump thing because I was an idiot and played with Vex's tag before and was forced to play some games without being able to UpB OoS properly (because I didn't know what was going on.)

D

Deleted member 189823

LOLDK

Up-Smashing with Tap Jump is really easy, it's just pressing up and A at the same time. U-Tilting requires you to slightly press up (which is hard when you're in a hurry) and THEN press A.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Swei, thats not the only way. This is what im talking about with knowing your buttons. What I do is hold up on the joystick, tilting or smashing it doesnt matter, then you press up on the cstick. You get an uptilt. If you press up + left or right you can pivot to the other direction.

Ive said it before, its really easy

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I play Bowser as an AD Jungler. His klaw ganks are broken and the burst on his fsmash is too good.

D

Deleted member 189823

Swei, thats not the only way. This is what im talking about with knowing your buttons. What I do is hold up on the joystick, tilting or smashing it doesnt matter, then you press up on the cstick. You get an uptilt. If you press up + left or right you can pivot to the other direction.

Ive said it before, its really easy

I didn't know you could do that with the Pivot U-Tilt, thank you.
But isn't it the same thing to press slightly up on the analog + A than pressing the analog up slightly + C-stick up?

I play Bowser as an AD Jungler. His klaw ganks are broken and the burst on his fsmash is too good.
What?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I play Bowser as a support.
Can't get kills, but sometimes he distracts the enemy from the carry... The only problem is when he gets CC chained.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
we get into a team fight in mid. i quickly notice that the enemy Annie is out of position, so i catch her by initiating with Flash into a Bowser Bomb. from there, her teammates try to save her and initiate onto me, but it's too late since my team has already picked up the kill.

before i get into the next part of this clip, i'm going to slow it down to explain EXACTLY what i do and why i'm doing it. because Bowser is a tanky champion with a good initiation, it's my job to initiate team fights and soak up damage so that my carries can deal their damage without worrying about dying. as the clip plays in slow motion, you'll notice that i position myself in the middle of all my opponents, causing havoc with Whirling Fortress and Firebreath and making sure i can't be ignored. thanks to this, the Kog'maw and Orianna on my team manage to pick up three easy kills, leaving only the enemy Soraka left alive. we eventually pick her up thanks to a Command: Dissonance and a Shurelya's Reverie activation from Janna.

for item builds, i start off with Boots of Speed and 3 Health Potions. from there, i build Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold, and then either Mercury's Treads or Ninja Tabi. depending on what my team needs, i like to build either Aegis of the Legion, Frozen Heart, or Abyssal Scepter. i then upgrade my Philosopher's Stone into Shurelya's Reverie and my Heart of Gold into Randuin's Omen, and finish off my build with whatever other defensive items i need, such as Banshee's Veil, Force of Nature, Guardian Angel, as well as Aegis of the Legion, Frozen Heart, or Abyssal Scepter.

on Dominion, i build whatever the **** i want because nobody plays this terrible, terrible map.

thanks for tuning into the Bowser champion spotlight

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
ok i don't know what you guys are talking about, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

@swei it is the same thing, of course, but the difference is that I can choose when I want to uptilt and when I want to Upsmash. because in the neutral control settings, the c stick is set to smash attacks. If I hold up on the joystick I'll get a tilt out.

to bring it home, there's a chance you could **** up when "tilting" and pressing a, and there's a 0% chance of that for the cstick way. i mean unless you're a god at tilting, then this doesnt apply to you of course

D

Deleted member 189823

It's a League of Legends joke
Oh, must be one of those "took an arrow to the knee" thing.

I play Bowser as a support.
Can't get kills, but sometimes he distracts the enemy from the carry... The only problem is when he gets CC chained.
A Bowser that can't get kills is not welcomed here. :mad:

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

@swei it is the same thing, of course, but the difference is that I can choose when I want to uptilt and when I want to Upsmash. because in the neutral control settings, the c stick is set to smash attacks. If I hold up on the joystick I'll get a tilt out.

to bring it home, there's a chance you could **** up when "tilting" and pressing a, and there's a 0% chance of that for the cstick way. i mean unless you're a god at tilting, then this doesnt apply to you of course
okay. 8[

Top Bottom