• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

D

Deleted member 189823

I got the funniest KO on Limit in wifi dittos today. He grabbed me at the edge, and I knew he was going to buffer dtilt so I held up and kept flicking forward on the c-stick to prepare to DI and momentum cancel, but he missed the dtilt because of the atrocious lag and I ended up accidently fsmashing him for the KO.
That awful moment when a crappy Bowser wrecks you...online.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Swei I know you intended to make a joke there, but you went about it the wrong way.

Hopefully those two understand your intention.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
no I already know how awkward his sense of humor is thanks to the skype group, so it's fine. it's all love here...

I would assume he's talking about Dre but that was just an awful choice of words either way lol.

D

Deleted member 189823

Yeah, sorry. I wasn't calling Dre a crappy Bowser. =/ It's happened to me, personally, against an actually crappy Bowser.

MrEh

Smash Hero
So SSB4 is being made by Sora (as usual) along with Namco Bandai Games.

This could either be really amazing, or really bad. lol

B!squick

Smash Master
So SSB4 is being made by Sora (as usual) along with Namco Bandai Games.

This could either be really amazing, or really bad. lol
Hmm...

*Wiki seaches*

... What a strange library of games. Let's see, something I've actually played... Inversion?

EDIT: Soul Calibur IV?... Well, they made one okay game (Dark Souls), so we must be in good hands.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Namco-Bandai is a "mega" sized publisher, so saying Sora is working them is like saying Sora's working with a smaller Ubisoft.

But looking at some more IGN info it looks like a joint effort from people of several different developer studios, including Project Soul, Namco Tales and Tekken guys

D

Deleted member 189823

It's cool I wasn't offended.

Plus I am a crappy Bowser anyway.
I don't think you're a crappy a Bowser, just underdeveloped. A crappy Bowser, or at least in my opinion, is one who doesn't have a basic idea on how to use him. Like the one I was talking about.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Except he's not really "underdeveloped" at all. His ideas are a bit far-fetched but his actual Bowser gameplay is fine. I just played him the other day. He's probably on the same level as you lol

:phone:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Except he's not really "underdeveloped" at all. His ideas are a bit far-fetched but his actual Bowser gameplay is fine. I just played him the other day. He's probably on the same level as you lol

I agree with most of this except that my ideas were speculative rather than advice for other players, so they're naturally farfetch'd in nature.

MrEh

Smash Hero
That reminds me when Vex came to visit Hawaii a year ago.

He was talking about how he beat Chibo with Farfetch'd. So w made a team with everyone's favorite Pokemon, and we starting playing online. It was SUPER hilarious.

They were not ready for our BP Farfetch'd team.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yo. Baton Pass Farfetch'd is S E R I O U S.

speaking of Pokemon, I am fully convinced that, because of my apparent Pokemon consumer curse (I've bought every mainstream Pokemon game, including the gamecube titles, **** spinoffs...except Mystery Dungeon :]), that I will buy black 2/white 2, or get the rom when translations come out.

which fusion is in which game? does white 2 have zekrom again, or is it reversed?

also, have you seen their stats? YO. Black Kyurem with 170 base attack...smh.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
zigsta made it through his pool, good ****.

I think 1st seed also

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
also, have you seen their stats? YO. Black Kyurem with 170 base attack...smh.
White Kyuremu is the only one that matters since Black Kyuremu doesn't get a physical STAB. looooooooooooooooooool

But yes, those stats; are amaziiinnnnqqqqqq

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ice/Dragon

Someone teach me to beat Bowser.

I can't get past his aerial BS. He baits my Zelda too easily and my Sheik is too hotheaded and makes dumb approaches.

halp

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
throw out random lightning kicks and laugh as they work cuz bowser's fat *** is to big to not get sweetspotted.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
wait how does he not have a physical stab then?

isn't outrage a physical attack? i mean, of course outrage comes at the cost of confusion, but did that change or something?

or...wait. <_<

can he not learn outrage? ...i could have sworn that move was a TM. God, I am so washed up in Pokemon.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is it Boozer you're having trouble with? I can't think of any other Bowsers.

Because I'm so informed about the Queensland scene.....

Just needle camp him with Sheik and force him to approach. He doesn't have many good approaches apart from klaw. Not sure if Bowser can upb the ftilt lock.

If he comes at you from the ground, he's either going to dash-shield to try set up upb or grab, or they're going to jab or ftilt. Sheik has the mobility to bait ftilts.

With Zelda I guess you just pressure him with Din's to make him approach and then punish klaw.

Just don't do any of this stuff when you verse me.....

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
throw out random lightning kicks and laugh as they work cuz bowser's fat *** is to big to not get sweetspotted.
Doesn't work, Bowser's too mobile. :(
wait how does he not have a physical stab then?

isn't outrage a physical attack? i mean, of course outrage comes at the cost of confusion, but did that change or something?

or...wait. <_<

can he not learn outrage? ...i could have sworn that move was a TM. God, I am so washed up in Pokemon.
He has Outrage, but no physical ice attack.

Well, he does, but it's a charge time attack like Hyper Beam. lol
Is it Boozer you're having trouble with? I can't think of any other Bowsers.

Because I'm so informed about the Queensland scene.....

Just needle camp him with Sheik and force him to approach. He doesn't have many good approaches apart from klaw. Not sure if Bowser can upb the ftilt lock.

If he comes at you from the ground, he's either going to dash-shield to try set up upb or grab, or they're going to jab or ftilt. Sheik has the mobility to bait ftilts.

With Zelda I guess you just pressure him with Din's to make him approach and then punish klaw.

Just don't do any of this stuff when you verse me.....

Yeah it's boozer, lol.

Needle camping is gay tho.

He can't up B out of ftilt (which I never use online because it doesn't work) because no intangibility frames on it.

Punishing claw seems to be easier said than done. :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
You mean in ubers where your 4 weaknesses all have people with hardcore stabs, and you have only one resistance which is yourself? K.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
yeh, but ubers is "use your stupidly strong move to kill the opponent in one hit", so it doesn't matter.

Having ice as a secondary STAB is VERY useful in ubers tbh.

(I'm not sure what we're talking about anymore, but the fact is, in ONE move (Ice Beam), White Kyuremu breaks almost every wall in Ubers)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
zigsta made it through his pool, good ****.

I think 1st seed also
Had to play 2 MKs, 2 Marths, GW, and Sonic. Fuuuuuuuhhhhhh.

I'm tired as hell now, but Mr. R and I are trying to get a MM set recorded. Got most of my pools recorded and got the first 2 games with Shiro recorded. He wrecked me game 1 but then I 2 stocked him game 2. Game 3 was 180% both last hit last stock, but I lost. Game 3 wasn't recorded, though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Had to play 2 MKs, 2 Marths, GW, and Sonic. Fuuuuuuuhhhhhh.

I'm tired as hell now, but Mr. R and I are trying to get a MM set recorded. Got most of my pools recorded and got the first 2 games with Shiro recorded. He wrecked me game 1 but then I 2 stocked him game 2. Game 3 was 180% both last hit last stock, but I lost. Game 3 wasn't recorded, though.

How'd you go against Shaya?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Shaya 2-0'd me. I've been experimenting on a totally different style for Marths ever since I moved out here. Still needs work.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Were they close matches?

I'm surprised Shaya did so well in bracket (though to be fair you were the only person I'd heard of that he played).

Top Bottom