• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser players are the best.

When we place well, we know it's because we were giant frauds and got away with silly stuff.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Who's the bigger fraud, though: The guy who won with the silly stuff, or the guy who LOST to the silly stuff? :upsidedown:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
That's a big reason why I'm practicing a bunch of movement ATs now. Bowser has a lot more potential to be more mobile in the air. I'll be prepping hard for Apex.

:phone:

MrEh

Smash Hero
I agree. Bowser is actually one of the most mobile characters in the air, and I think everyone who still plays should brush up on their Klaw usage.

D

Deleted member 189823

That's a big reason why I'm practicing a bunch of movement ATs now. Bowser has a lot more potential to be more mobile in the air. I'll be prepping hard for Apex.

I want to hear more about this, please. :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I want to hear more about this, please. :)
I still need to do more testing before I discuss it on the boards. Some of it I'm not even sure Bowser's capable of since I haven't seen it done before.

D

Deleted member 189823

ok 8[
Why do pros stand shielding next to each other when they can just grab. The same happens when someone's charing a smash attack. Instead of rolling or jumping out of the way they wait and get their shield eaten.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's a mindgame. They're waiting to see how their opponent will react. Sometimes people will drop their shield or spotdodge.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
there are 8 minutes in a match, and anywhere between 2-10 matches in a set, so more likely than not you will run into repeated situations. you can keep an opponents premeditated reaction in mind and it can be the key to a momentum changer/a stock later on.

what happened to me telling everyone that they weren't using klaw enough??? i wasn't lying...lol. klaw + open ground or platforms = a lot of janky ****. work on the klaw dropping and b-reversing, people! it works wonders sometimes. opens up recovery and escape options too. change your direction!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Is he still overly pessimistic about Bowser, or was that just a phase?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
RE: klaw, someone give me the details on how the jump glitch works.

Does the move entirely cancel when you touch the ground? At what point does it start to do this?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I dont know the data but to do the jump glitch in the most basic form you literally just have to do side b at some point where its animation won't end before you hit the floor, and just press or hold x/up at any time during it.

Im not sure what you consider an "entire" cancel because if you klaw and then land you can do stuff after it to your whim..that is part of bowser's klaw pressure--the fact that you can cover that already stupid move with more not-as-stupid ****. Interestingly enough if you do press a button you'll hear bowser's voice as if he's doing an aerial attack that can't be seen. So sometimes you'll have to press the button twice, for example if you wanted to jab after a klaw whiff. Because otherwise if you press a too fast after the whiff you'll get a NAir that isn't visible.

Someone whos more frame savvy should and probably would give a better explanation but I would wonder why they'd be looking at bowser stuff lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
knowledge is power.

So wait, you can just hold jump?

Im not sure what you consider an "entire" cancel because if you klaw and then land you can do stuff after it to your whim..that is part of bowser's klaw pressure--the fact that you can cover that already stupid move with more not-as-stupid ****.
Yeah, that's what I meant basically, lawl.

It doesn't seem to have any landing lag at all.

(if I weren't a mod, I would have just double posted :I)

B!squick

Smash Master
Where does he say hold jump? O.o As far as I know, that shouldn't do anything. Also, as far as I know, the entire move can be canceled so long as another input is made while "landing" be it a jump or what have you.

D

Deleted member 189823

You may hate me but it ain't no lie baby bye bye bye~

'gashi uses Luigi like a boss.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I think the last thing you want to do is encourage people to learn the matchup but good luck lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So at ReveLAtions, I'm in bracket pool 10. First round I play Laurel, a Marth main. If I win that, I play Sky. If I win that, I play DeLux.

Yeahhhhh, Wario AND ICs in my pool.

Top 3 make it out, so I just can't drop matches against anyone but Sky and DeLux.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Made it out of pools! Beat Laurel (MK) 2-0, then lost to Sky's Wario 2-0. Beat an Olimar 2-0, then beat Laurel's MK 2-1. She timed me out game 2. XD Then I lost to Sky 2-0 again. I did really well considering he's PHENOMENAL at the CG.

Pool results were:
1. DeLux
2. Sky
3. Zigsta

Top Bottom