• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
DeLux and I just won round 1 of doubles. Beat Fierce (ZSS) and Oats (Lucas). We play M2K and Fatal next.

YOOOOO

:phone:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We got bodied by M2K and Fatal, lmao. Game 2 came down to me last stock vs. M2K and Fatal all 3 stocks and high percent....

KOOPACIDED M2K LIKE A BOSS.

Vs. Asa and Z now.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We lost to Asa and Z. Going home early to watch movies and rest up for pro bracket tomorrow. :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Good luck tomorrow Zig :D

Also, not really smash, but it IS Bowser related, but I took 7th out of 128 going full Bowser in a massive online Mario Kart Wii tournament. Top 8 got prizes and I got a 2000 point Wii card haha.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I lost 2-1. I'm not sure what my placing was. Tyrant and M2K in LFs at the moment. Larry in GFs.

I beat M2K's D3. Yoooooooooo

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Ah, at least you know that you have the POTENTIAL to beat a top Olimar in a set. That's good.

And looooooooooooooool at pocket D3s thinking they can beat the #1 Bowser, even if it's M2K's pocket D3.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Rich and I played a lot after the tournament. He's helping me a TON already, and I showed a lot of improvement in the MU in just about an hour of playtime. We also discovered something totally new in the MU that honestly has the potential to change the way we play forever.

Brace yourselves.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
totally new in the mu that will change the way we play forever as bowser in the olimar matchup? or as bowser players in general?

i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally hope it's the latter. I really do

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Olimar MU for sure, maybe more. Gotta test other MUs to make sure.

Also Larry and I discovered a new GR on Falco and a legit way to gimp Fox out of GR at 0%. :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh please, I REALLY want to know about these Oli and Falco things. Quite literally, Olimar and Falco are my two most problem characters lol (and I dont mean problem characters for Bowser, otherwise ICs would be up there, I mean with all of my characters I play combined, those 2 are problems haha)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
that would be pretty sick. i can't stand playing against olimar as any character, honestly.

i guess we all have to man up and suck in our tummies someday. *sigh*

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yeah, Zigsta, you should probably post that secret technique so that we can start beating those evil Olimars.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
The irony...i can smell it from here...

On a side note, I'm about to start my roadtrip up to syracuse...to begin my college life @ SU. It's weird to think that I joined here in the middle of high school, but it's even weirder to realize that I've been a "bowser main" for this long. Lol it's dope though..

The only thing im bringing that is smash related is my gamecube controller. Lmao
#youngandrestless

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
We need to use runoff Klaw GR more vs. Falco. Even if you don't perfectly time Klaw, his fastest move is nair, and if he does the nair, you can still get back to the ledge and edgehog Falco. The only catch is you gotta make sure Falco's legs are dangling offstage as you grab him BEFORE you AR him offstage. Larry and I tested, and this is LEGIT.

With Fox at ANY percent, if you AR him offstage (and again, his legs have to be dangling offstage before the AR) and then SH short burst Firebreath, you push him down low enough so that you can edgehog him 100% of the time. Make sure you SH first because if you don't, you won't be able to make it back to the ledge. Again, tested.

If Fox is dumb and mashes jump to get out (and again, legs dangling), you have guaranteed nair. If he's at 50% or higher, you have guaranteed edgehog.

I also discovered 2 new movement techs with Bowser but need to do more testing to replicate/see if it works on all stages. I may wait until after Apex to share online, though.

On those Olimar bits I mentioned earlier: You'll see at Apex. You will need a change of pants.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
These ledge tricks sound nice on the spacies, although id kinda like to see the Fox one in action to make sure Im reading it right haha. Only problem now is finding some good ways to get grabs that close to the ledge ;p

Still way hyped for Olimar stuff, Ive just been playing klaw/jab happy against him. Also, speaking of Oli, what are our best moves to get pikmin off of us? I normally get rid of them with nair or jab (although those two both have a couple small blindspots occasionally) cuz up b is usually too slow, but is there any other good clearing moves? I may just be spoiled from playing Yoshi cuz all you needed to do was utilt to knock every pikmin off, but whenever I go to clear them I always think to myself that there has to be a better way.

B!squick

Smash Master
These ledge tricks sound nice on the spacies, although id kinda like to see the Fox one in action to make sure Im reading it right haha. Only problem now is finding some good ways to get grabs that close to the ledge ;p

Still way hyped for Olimar stuff, Ive just been playing klaw/jab happy against him. Also, speaking of Oli, what are our best moves to get pikmin off of us? I normally get rid of them with nair or jab (although those two both have a couple small blindspots occasionally) cuz up b is usually too slow, but is there any other good clearing moves? I may just be spoiled from playing Yoshi cuz all you needed to do was utilt to knock every pikmin off, but whenever I go to clear them I always think to myself that there has to be a better way.
I never bothered trying to get them off. Bowser is the kind of character you can't exactly waste time with because by the time you get one off he's thrown two more on you. :c Only the rare purples do anything meaningful in terms of spacing and resetting the game state so Oli can throw even more on you or pull up new ones, so I just ignore them and pretend I'm the only one playing that Special Brawl mode where your % constantly goes up.

Obviously if you have a spare moment to, say, UAir to get those pesky booger pikmen off, go for it. Otherwise, if they don't come off through normal gameplay, ah well.

Also, Firebreath is a good way to thin the herd if you can get away with it.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The only attacks that get them off Bowser's face are UAir and dash attack. Everything else you can NAir or fortress to a ledge I think.

I've been playing Guild Wars 2, had to stop because of massive lag issues server-side (it's day 2).

I have 3 characters made:
Tiax the Mad (Asuran Thief) -> only one past level 1
Kaptin Badrukk (Charr Engineer)
Deneb the Witch (Human Necromancer)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Haven't tried yet, been mostly doing the storyline. Voice acting is generally pretty good.

B!squick

Smash Master
PvP is always a big deal to me with MMOs. Beating up easily exploitable PvE critters just doesn't bring the same satisfaction without that human element.

That said, I still dream of the day when CoH actually has decent PvP. Maybe when they finally get around to doing something with that City of Heroes 2 trade mark they got 2 (!) years ago and make the PvP decent then as I've thought long and hard about it and there's just no way to make CoH's PvP worth while. :(

TOR is barely keeping my interest at the moment. The immersive fully voiced cut scenes they have with all the quest givers kinda takes a nose dive when it's used for the dailies. Oh, you want me to kill some dudes and blow up their stuff again today, eh? Awesome.

I mean, it's one thing to do something for an NPC only to have another PC come up behind you and do it again for them, it's another to do the same thing for the same NPC every bloody day. Doesn't that just spit in the face of the entire MMO mentality? Grind = progress? There's no progress in doing the same exact thing story wise every day or week. There's better ways to do busy work BioWare, I promise.

Take Newpaper Missions (or Radio Missions, depending on which side you're on) in CoH for example. You check a newspaper you have on hand at all times and three random headlines grab your eye that are pulled together using a really basic formula (unique_villain_name of the X faction has stolen/kidnapped X thing or person_of_interest OR called you out) and if you have a particular villainous group or mission type you hate, you have three things to choose from. After 3-5 of these you get to rob a bank (or stop a back robbery depending on the side again). When doing the much more fun robbing of the bank moneys you have a set amount of time to do it which you can extend by vandalizing the city and beating up cops on the way to the bank and to make the getaway complete you have to beat up some random hero or another. There's even side missions WITHIN the bank missions that you can do to extend your time even more.

So, yeah, just got to the level cap on TOR recently and I'm bored out of my mind. D:

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, at least I have HK-51 to look forward to at some point in the future. Once EA stops laying off BioWare employees for a bit.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I see someone's familiar with Ogre Battle. :cool:

Great series.
Yeah, I've only played the series up 'till GBA though (and not the PS1). I figured the closest thing Guild Wars has to summoning/creating pumpkinheads and casting hexes is the necromancer

Jay: I like how Yoda's first line is so close to being something he'd say haha

Top Bottom