• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I beat a Captain Falcon with my Bowser in the tournament I went to Saturday. It was the only game I played Bowser in, and it was a friendly.

Regardless, I was 100% with him that day.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well I didnt really get to do much cuz I was busy most of the time with running the tournament, and I got further in singles than I normally do so I was playing tournament matches instead of friendlies.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Took 2nd in a Mario Kart Wii tournament today using a bit of Bowser. You should all be proud of me.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah, Funky Kong is the best. Bowser imo is bottom of high/top of mid.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
My Bowser outperformed my DK and G&W at the past two tourneys I've been to, even in MUs like Wario, Falco, and MK.

Is this madness, destiny, or SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA!?

Either way, I love it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
mario kart wii is the worst mario kart in the series
Bah. Nostalgia blinds you, peasant. The worst is easily GBA followed by SNES.

Nah, Funky Kong is the best. Bowser imo is bottom of high/top of mid.
This man knows his Mario Kart.

Name of the social thread caught my eye. I only second Bowser on Power Tennis. Carry on.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Bah. Nostalgia blinds you, peasant. The worst is easily GBA followed by SNES.

This man knows his Mario Kart.

Name of the social thread caught my eye. I only second Bowser on Power Tennis. Carry on.
I play Mario Kart Wii competitively, ranked #2 in my state, and if we had a SWF rankings, I'd be top 5 for sure seeing as the last two SWF tournaments Ive taken 3rd and 2nd.

Lost to the almighty Shok, best player on SWF, and Aria, the #1 player in Utah the first tournament, and tied with Aria, lost to Shok the second.

Goddamn, you're in my head.
Haha, I only brought that game up cuz he's the best in it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Get MKWii, its the second best game on the Wii (first obv being Smash)

B!squick

Smash Master
Time for another book update! :D

Okay. Good news this time. Like, right after I last posted about the book it randomly turned around and actually started looking like a decent author wrote it.

Ned let him prattle on. After a time, he quieted and they rode in silence. The streets of King's Landing were dark and deserted. The rain had driven everyone under their roofs. It beat down on Ned's head, warm as blood and relentless as old guilts. Fat drops of water ran down his face.
Personally, I would have went with "running" down his face as opposed to "ran" as ran is past tense and doesn't sound as good, but that could just be me. And this is still far and beyond better than "Joffery moaned." Where was this author when that was written?

The book is still a mess though. It has continued to allude to either possibility being true concerning Tyrion's involvement or lack there of in the plot to kill Bran and at this point, I just don't give a **** anymore. I might have cared more if Bran was a deeper character or had any semblance of a purpose for existing, but he's only eight years old and despite having whole chapters dedicated to him he has thus far accomplished the following: been thrown out a window; woke up from a crazy *** dream/coma; complained about being crippled, which I can agree is something to complain about, but he was more whiny about it than anything else and it came off as more of a 'I broke my favorite toy' sulk than 'I'll never walk again.' Oh, and he also almost got killed by bandits in the forest.

Yeah, I really don't care if that guy really did try to kill him or not. And at any rate, it doesn't seem to matter at this point if Tyrion is guilty or not which really begs the question: why? Why keep giving the reader mixed messages about something that doesn't even matter? The only fathomable reason I can come up with is that the book wants to keep me in the dark as to where Littlefinger's allegiances lie, as he was the one to originally pin the blame on Tyrion, but due to a trickle down effect, I don't care about that either. He's been nothing but helpful to the Starks so far... so I fully expect him to turn on them at some point anyway. There's no reason to keep me guessing. And here's again another instance where the book fails and others succeed. Where a better story might have a subtle nudge as to whether Tyrion did or didn't do it and leave it up to the reader to catch it for themselves, A Game of Thrones just loudly states right in your face, "HE DID IT!... or did he?.... Nah, he didn't do it... or did he?..."

What else... oh yeah. I'm only just passed the halfway point and the story is already telling me with it's large amounts of symbolism and foreshadowing that the really cool **** is going to happen in a later book. I mean, yeah, I could have already guess that since book four recently came out I believe, but I just find it strange that the book has that now before we're anyway near the resolution of the book we're on. It'd be like if we found out the Empire was already building a second Death Star midway through A New Hope. It would have kinda taken away from blowing up the first one, right?

Also, Flayl, I don't know what you were smoking when you said that Jon Arryn's murderer got outed several books later. The exact person who did it has already been outed, unless the guy doing the finger pointing earlier was lieing, which wouldn't be surprising as well as annoying. And after going back and rereading what Bran learned in his first chapter it is indeed made clear that it was the Lannisters that were behind Jon's death and that the queen think's incest is the best, making the big reveal later kinda not very big... or revealing. Which, again, begs the question of why the plot demanded the Stark kid find out about it and forget it upon waking up? Was it just so they had an excuse to have another 'or did he' moment when Tyrion showed them how to make a special saddle so Bran could ride a horse, the same person he supposedly tried to kill?

All in all, the book is getting better and I may continue on with the next one if only to give the story closure, but I still find it baffling why this thing is so popular when there are way better authors out there that deserve this kind of recognition and more.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I read that wall of text diagonally, but please do tell me who do you think is currently better than George R. R. Martin. I don't find him infallible but I'm curious who you think is a whole grade of quality above him.

B!squick

Smash Master
I've mentioned them previously, but here we go again: J. K. Rowling, R. A. Salvatore, K. A. Applegate, Garth Nix, Jacqueline Carey, John Flanagan, J. R. R. Tolkien.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Rowling and Applegate? Really? I loved their books as a young teen but I wouldn't call them better writers than Martin.

I'll give you Salvatore. Don't know anything about Nix, I should remedy that. Couldn't really get into Carey.

Tolkien isn't current -_-

B!squick

Smash Master
Did I say anything about them being current? And Applegate is no less epic now than she ever was. I still have fond memories of reading everything Applegate put her name on. That was a lot of books... Animorphs and related novels. Remnants. Everworld. Seems she's written other stuff I've never noticed before. I should look them up...

Oh yeah, and Garth Nix is amazing. Pick any of his series or stand alone novels and you wont be disappointed.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It really is amazing. I've never been a fan of post-converted 3D, but The Lion King proves it can be done. They made an already perfect film even better.

:phone:

B!squick

Smash Master
More book ranting below:

Wow, just wow, Sansa. I mean, sure, Ned probably should have taken the time to explain to her why she should stay away from Joffery and the queen, but then this is also the same guy who trusted the untrustworthy guy who shockingly (as I predicted) turned out to be untrustworthy.

Now I presume we're going to see very little from Ned for the climax of the book unless he escapes or something. Which is a shame because he's been pretty much the only interesting character despite not being horribly interesting himself.

Arya, at this point, I have to say I like alot too as she's the only character who's had, you know, an arc. Took a while, but around the second act she actually started developing as a character. Ned's been noble to a fault beginning to end. His wife has barely done anything besides move the plot along. I still can't believe she captured Tyrion with so little to go on for her case. Jon... well, Jon's had an arc too, only he's so far removed from events in the story he might as well have been in a separate book all together. Bran... is starting to have an arc, but he honestly hasn't had much of a chance to develop. Tyrion is interesting, but again, no development. Just a ****** who hates his family.

I'm curious as to how well George orchestrates his battles. I've yet to see anyone really compare to Salvatore.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Dany has the same problems Jon does.

Top Bottom