• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Peach is now one of Bowser's best secondaries, for those who are interested.
It's true! Those two were meant for each other. Just look at Super Paper Mario. :p

As for the full list of "best secondaries," I'm guessing it would consist of her, ICs, and ZSS?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I don't think personal character choice has anything to do with judging if a character sucks or not..lol

The hypocrisy exists, but the character is *** regardless. lmao

Flayl

Smash Hero
Nah hypocrisy would be if Zigsta said people shouldn't play Toon Link.

Uncle: Bowser's best secondaries are Diddy, ICs and Peach. Everything else is a little behind.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I can't get over how ironic it is that ICs is one of our best secondaries. XD

:phone:

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Oh, Diddy. *facepalms*

That little demon monkey would cover us well.

Also, speaking of ICs, I teamed with one of my friends, an ICs player, at MLG Raleigh Doubles. Many lulz were had as fire and ice rained upon the foolish mortals who dared to fight us with far superior character pairings.

We ended up tying for last place. Get at us.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Oh, Diddy. *facepalms*

That little demon monkey would cover us well.

Also, speaking of ICs, I teamed with one of my friends, an ICs player, at MLG Raleigh Doubles. Many lulz were had as fire and ice rained upon the foolish mortals who dared to fight us with far superior character pairings.

We ended up tying for last place. Get at us.
I remember KingKong and Swordgard teamed for a big tournament once...last Apex, maybe? They got out of first round of pools with literally one of the worst team combos in the game, haha.

You know who else is a good secondary?

MK

:troll:
I love how a member of the URC says this. :p

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Can someone direct me to a list of airdodge frames for all characters?

On a side note, I've been trying out downsmash more to set up grab releases. Dsmash to catch an airdodge/avoid an aerial, jab them if they don't tech after the SDI, then go for a jabcanceled grab. People don't expect dsmash very often against Bowser when they're fairing him in the face, I'm finding. They usually expect an upangled ftilt or a shield.

I've also been doing SH>AD past opponent>reverse Klaw on people. It's REALLY effective as long as you don't use it too much in a row, or else you can get pivot grabbed.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I don't think that's practical unless your opponent goes into a rhythm. UAir is 2 frames so by the time you try to react and SDI it, the window is too small (or nonexistent) to move offstage

That being said I never got to try it because the few times I get to play with somebody we focus more on playing the game then trying stuff out.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The blog says our attack needs to hit on at least frame 13. Fair and bair don't seem viable, and dair offstage is dumb. Nair seems in theory that it could work, though.

I'm curious if this could open up another option for us, seeing as MK would probably expect us to Fortress OoS. Regardless, this would only affect us for another few months, haha.

I should be getting a Wii VERY soon, so I can actually test stuff.

Also, where's that video of the lagless fair KingKong talked about? Weren't you gonna record the replay, Limit?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
oh...right, about that.

I figured it was kinda useless because I thought we all knew how to do it. It's not that hard actually.

I come home in two weeks, so when I get back I'll throw something together

B!squick

Smash Master
The blog says our attack needs to hit on at least frame 13. Fair and bair don't seem viable, and dair offstage is dumb. Nair seems in theory that it could work, though.

I'm curious if this could open up another option for us, seeing as MK would probably expect us to Fortress OoS. Regardless, this would only affect us for another few months, haha.

I should be getting a Wii VERY soon, so I can actually test stuff.

Also, where's that video of the lagless fair KingKong talked about? Weren't you gonna record the replay, Limit?
Bowser probably can't do it anyway regardless. There's lots of things Bowser can't do.

See virtually every Brawl tech ever.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
oh...right, about that.

I figured it was kinda useless because I thought we all knew how to do it. It's not that hard actually.

I come home in two weeks, so when I get back I'll throw something together
You're talking about the lagless fair, right? I've done it but don't know how I did it. XD

B!squick

Smash Master
Meta Knight was everything
Banned's all you ever wanted
You can win a set now
Even if you never won it

Clashes he always won
Trade they never gonna
You want him banned forever
Any counter pick he's better on

Aerial was down
Pressed it while I'm jumpin' up
Then hit the B button like I don't give a ****
I knew you'd wait for it
But you're out of luck
I could do the same thing ever single time

META KNIGHT IS BANNED
META KNIGHT IS BANNED
META KNIGHT IS BANNED
META KNIGHT IS BANNED

Donkey Kong is glad
DeDeDe is glad
Mario is glad
Ice Climbers are glad
I say META KNIGHT IS BANNED

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
^not sure if rap or...

Meta Knight is banned
from every local land
from Washingtons rainy cities
To Floridas sweet white sand
If you don't got the picture
let me paint it again
it's for us to start placing
cuz meta knight is banned

Wonder how many MK mains voted Pro-Ban in the vote...

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah, Geoff's explanation is basically it.

Just drift toward the stage as the FAir is ending. The easiest way to do it is to hold back to left go of the ledge and do that ****.

Also, depending on where I get accepted to college at, I'll either end up in PA, NYC, Upstate NY, CT, NC or Virginia.

#senioryear

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Cool, I'll try it out when I get a Wii.

Dammit, Limit, by the time you're in college, we will LITERALLY be on opposite sides of the nation.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Damn, Zig, how are you gonna be the first PRed Bowser in the United States if you keep on living in tough-*** regions? XD

One of us has to break through. Canada already has us beat in that regard for obvious reasons.

Note: Not sure if Mr. Eh was PRed at one point......

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Vex was PR'd with Bowser for a good long while in PA. He was 1 and 2 with Bowser, I think.

But I'll try my best. :) Texans tell me I've gotten a LOT better over the summer--once I'm out there for good, I'll be able to practice competitive singles way more regularly. Honestly in Austin everyone wants to play doubles most of the time. :/

Top Bottom