• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Dude, it's all good, I'm terrible at melee too.

Also, I am loving the balls off wavebouncing firebreath, ive know how to do it for a hella long time, but for some reason, I just recently started doing it a ton for fun and it's insanely entertaining.

B!squick

Smash Master
Is it just me, or does George R. R. Martin hate women?

Exhibit A: The main villain (the queen) has woman parts.
Exhibit B: Sansa.
Exhibit C: The whole reason war were declared when everything was all semi nice and kinda peaceful was because the king died (something Ned's stupidity had a hand in who I'll admit, isn't a woman) but mostly because Ned's wife thought it was a good idea to capture the queen's brother all on the very unreliable evidence of the hired goon using his knife.

Not only that, no one tried to collaborate Littlefinger's story. Of course, it's entirely possible that the bet and subsequent would be murder weapon exchanging hands was known only to Littlefinger and Tyrion. Not only would this make the already flimsy evidence even flimsier, but as said, no further investigating was done. Just, oh yeah, I gave him this dagger. Catelyn sees him: "GET HIM!" I get that she trusted the guy's opinion, but is that really enough in any age to capture someone? Especially when they had to know the **** storm it would cause? In her defense, it's Ned's fault for not following up on the accusation, but it was all on her to capture Tyrion.

Dany seems to be the only one working to redeem the vagoos. And I'm really stoked to see how awesome Arya will be when she grows up a bit. She's already gone through the "my mentor died/turned evil" phase of being a protagonist and now there's just a war between her and home. You can do it, kid! :')

Oh yeah, I loved how in one of Bran's chapters they mention retroactively that when Lady (that one direwolf) died, it was actually meaningful. Gee, thanks book... for getting around to that NOW seeing as the book is almost over.

And actually, now that I'm not rolling my eyes every time the book points out how supernatural the wolves are... they really want to hammer that point home.

And suddenly Ghost was back, stalking softly between two weirwoods. White fur and red eyes, Jon realized, disquieted. Like the trees...
Said trees are distinct in having white trunks and red eyes made by having holes poked out to the red sap underneath which he and his house pray to. Their own Jesus on the cross that they can pray to.

Hmm, subtle book. Not only do you compare one of the wolves to the gods, or least man's earth representation/connection to them, but you wanted the reader to notice it so badly you had one of the main characters point it out. :S

Also, The Warded Man/The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett is an awesome book. Go read it, people.

http://www.petervbrett.com/creations/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like how every 10th post in this thread is 'Jay's Weekly Book Rant'. Lol.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
All right Bowsers, I've always wanted to ask this.........

Who are the characters that you would absolutely refuse to play against as Bowser in a tournament setting, if any?

For me it's: ICs, Yoshi, D3 (w/ infinite), Wario (w/ chaingrab competence)

Flayl

Smash Hero
I thought about making a thread about that actually to find the best secondaries based on our experience instead of the matchup chart.

I use secondaries against:
ICs (more due to complete lack of experience, but I don't doubt it's unplayable)
MKs that space well (MKs that try to blitz you are fun, silly billies)
Olimar
Dedede mains
Falco (I'm really bad against lasers)

Notably lacking from my list due to no nightmarish experiences:
Diddy Kong (I actually have fun playing against him)
Wario (klaw hop all match son, if you got grabbed you're playing it wrong)
Yoshi (DON'T klaw hop, eggs are severely overrated IMO - try playing as Yoshi for a bit)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I really hate playing against Olimar, that's really about it.

There are other MUs that, provided that I lose, I'll probably make a switch off of, but otherwise I'm pretty chill with it.

I try to just suck it up and use Bowser unless the matchup is virtually impossible or I get blown up terribly.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
All right Bowsers, I've always wanted to ask this.........

Who are the characters that you would absolutely refuse to play against as Bowser in a tournament setting, if any?

For me it's: ICs, Yoshi, D3 (w/ infinite), Wario (w/ chaingrab competence)
I go Bowser against everyone. May start CPing Jiggs to time people out.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I timed a D3 out as Bowser once.

I wasn't in the mood for that ****.

Jabbing like a scared true man.

B!squick

Smash Master
I don't like playing Ganondorf.

... No, seriously, after my long ago games against TP from the Ganon board I.... I still have nightmares about it. o.o

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Uh, idk yet, I only really use Bowser in Friendlies and in Low Tiers, and I have yet to find a MU that I downright despise. Samus is annoying, but not hard or difficult, she just tries my patience lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bowser's my only character I haven't timed out someone with. I've had plenty of long matches, though.

I camp HARD with all the other characters I play.

:phone:

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, I was just playing the BF3 beta (until my Xbox froze) and I have to say... I'm really digging it. Took me a bit to shake off the this-isn't-COD weirdness I had since all COD games play the same and this is my first BF not counting the 1943 trial I played (the full version didn't work for some reason).

For one thing, it's really refreshing to play a FPS that doesn't look like ****. Going from COD and DNF to BF3 is like going from... I don't know. FF13 to any other FF. I honestly haven't played any of them, but from what bits and pieces I have seen, FF13 is probably an easy call for worst of the bunch.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Bring it ziggy Marley.

Labers :wario: rarely times me out and it owns yours.

Though I won't be making a tourney this weekend... Or the next.
I'll try in October!

:phone:
edit: it's the 30th... Right.
K well like late october lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
G&W, just find someone, or even better multiple people if possible in your area who're going, and car pool it up there.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The MK ban was the right thing to do, but Bowser mains shouldn't be celebrating like the door to placing well has been kicked down, imo. I'm not saying that any of us are. I'm just saying that we shouldn't. This ban will not be particularly beneficial for Bowser's metagame.

Yeah, one less crappy MU is nice, but is it worth the extra D3s and other high/top tiers that we'll have to face? Remember, MK isn't our worst MU.

In conclusion, Bowser will still suck, and we will still have to work our ***** off.

B!squick

Smash Master
1 terrible matchup down, 5 to go!
Until I noticed the thread you're referencing, I was like, what? This doesn't affect my non-tourny playing self, but the skies are looking a bit less cloudy for us Bowser mains today. :)

And am I the only Bowser main who's been playing the BF3 beta? This **** is tight and beats the pants off Modern Warfail and I haven't even flown a jet yet. :O

Also, A Game of Thrones is finally building tension. Not only is has the barbarian leader with the most awesome hairdo declared war on the Seven Kingdoms, there's some sort of mystical threat about to come down from the north, war has engulfed the Seven Kingdoms themselves, but Ned has to choose between his principals and his daughter! :O This book built atmosphere like Kia builds its cars, but now I can officially say that I like this book. At least, I like the second half of it. You honestly could start reading in the middle and lose out on very little.

Also, I have a really good guess as to who Jon's mystery mother is.
Lyanna, Ned's sister.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im pretty happy as a Yoshi main. MK was my biggest bane and our hardest MU. The only other 2 MUs that are notably bad for Yoshi are Falco and Lucario, both MU's that my playstyle excels against.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Guys, I was joking >_> Bowser doesn't become more viable with MK banned. Maybe I should've posted

"1 absolutely atrocious matchup down, 10 to go!"

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
DDD becomes hella more viable with MK gone now. Him and Toon Link.

Top Bottom