• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
I played the first one for, like, 10 minutes, wondered why the Final Fantasy characters had huge feet, and never played KH again.

B!squick

Smash Master
My god is A Game of Thrones full of padding (yes, I'm *****ing about this book again).

You said you didn't like the Dany character, Flayl? What about Sansa? Good lord, if this book was a slasher movie and she was about 6 years older, she'd be dead before she could get her **** out. Arya isn't much better simply because she's a child and has no baring on what's going on so far in the story (about halfway through the book). Much like John Snow.

Now the ****** Lannister has made it quite clear that he didn't have anything to do with trying to kill the one Stark kid, Bran, which isn't surprising considering that all the direwolf puppies hate him, and if they've proven anything thus far it's that they're good at anti-climatic deaths and leaving apparently forever off screen/page/whatever.

I promise you, I could have written A Game of Thrones twice as better at half the length.

And what's up with Ned? He's, like, the only person who's not transparently evil or ********, and yet he admitted, to himself if not aloud, to liking the king's son Joffery, at least a little. This utterly baffled me. I can not think of a single instance anywhere in the book so far that could have caused Joffery to endear himself the slightest bit toward Ned. I guess it could be the fact that he's dating his oldest daughter, but everybody knows that Joffery's assholish lies lead to his youngest daughter having to give up her direwolf to the woods to save it's life (I'm sure it drowned in a puddle soon after with the track record direwolves have so far) and forced Ned to kill the direwolf of his oldest daughter. Oh yeah. Thanks Joffery, for that. It seems you're not quite the spoiled brat ******* I thought you were.

God this book sucks.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Sansa was raised as a straight up innocent and privileged princess, her naïveté is a plot device - as you'll find later on. She wasn't written as a character you're supposed to connect with, Dany was.

B!squick

Smash Master
Doesn't make me groan any less audibly when I get to a chapter that focuses on her. In fact, so far, Ned's kids have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, besides occasionally stumble onto intrigue simply for the reader's sake and no one else's. Or in the case of John Snow they really just do nothing at all.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
the book is called "a game of thrones" for a reason

personally i wouldnt enjoy the series as much if it were instead called "a game of CONSTANT BLOODBATH BATTLES AND FIGHTING BECAUSE EVERYTHING ELSE IS BORING"

Tearbear

Smash Ace
hey guys ima start being active in forms and such and I thought id post here and say hi
bowser is one of my fav lowtier(low mid) characters i actually have a CV for him back from 09 or something and im like the best bowser in the wc(only)
im prolly way off topic

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hi and don't worry about off topic posts, that's what this thread is for (and for JD ranting about stuff apparently haha).

Tearbear

Smash Ace
I wish I could go bowser more in tourny but im never allowed to do pools so when bracket comes im playing someone from the top 6 2nd round

Flayl

Smash Hero
Don't do that if it means you will lose money. Mid tier tournaments are fun, you could ask TOs to run those.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Havent done mid tiers in forever
mike wont host anything he thinks he cant win
even then theres never enough time to do a side event since theres always pools

:phone:

Tearbear

Smash Ace
I only used smashboards to post in the sd thread or to look at results nd name search

ima start reading frame data nd such for every character to better my self
ive taught my self mostly everything

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, the way Mike runs it is players in pro bracket (top 8 players pointwise per tourney series) go to bracket and don't play pools at all.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If we did that in Utah, pools would consist of 5 people and i'd never play in them either.

B!squick

Smash Master
Yay! I'm back! For some reason our computer's security decided it would be cool to block the computer from accessing the internet for some reason and I've been in rage mode over it since it happened out of the blue Tuesday night. We only just now figured out that was the problem.

Top Bottom