• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
Nope, and I probably never will. Also, Rotten Tomatoes has Rise at 83 and Kung Fu Panda 2 at 82. :p Yes, I know I'm referencing the same site that had Green Lantern at an unfairly low number and no, that's not irony... I think.

George Carlin said:
Irony deals with opposites; it has nothing to do with coincidence. If two baseball palyers from the same hometown, on different teams, receive the same uniform number, it is not ironic. It is a coincidence. If Barry Bonds attains lifetime statistics identical to his father’s it will not be ironic. It will be a coincidence. Irony is "a state of affairs that is the reverse of what was to be expected; a result opposite to and in mockery of the appropriate result." For instance:

If a diabetic, on his way to buy insulin, is killed by a runaway truck, he is the victim of an accident. If the truck was delivering sugar, he is the victim of an oddly poetic coincidence. But if the truck was delivering insulin, ah! Then he is the victim of an irony.

If a Kurd, after surviving bloody battle with Saddam Hussein’s army and a long, difficult escape through the mountains, is crushed and killed by a parachute drop of humanitarian aid, that, my friend, is irony writ large.

Darryl Stingley, the pro football player, was paralyzed after a brutal hit by Jack Tatum. Now Darryl Stingley’s son plays football, and if the son should become paralyzed while playing, it will not be ironic. It will be coincidental. If Darryl Stingley’s son paralyzes someone else, that will be closer to ironic. If he paralyzes Jack Tatum’s son that will be precisely ironic.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I had two strange things happen to me today with the klaw while I was messing around in brawl - one I've seen before a few times, the other I don't remember ever seeing and I won't understand what happened until I watch it frame by frame. Expect a video later today.

On another note I've changed to a much much better internet provider, and I'd love to test it out on some americans, any Bowsers up for it?

edit: Also Horrible Bosses is the best comedy movie I've seen in a long time, damn it was funny

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Looking forward to the vid!

My Internet still hasn't been installed. :/

And yeah, Horrible Bosses is funny. Definitely my favorite comedy of the summer.

:phone:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Heck yes I am! I'm driving to SA to watch it Sept 16th with a bunch of friends. :)

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Right??? I'm so pumped! I'm going with my church the Saturday after it releases.
Which works out great cause I have a tourney that day.
We rented out one of the screens, so it's gonna just be our church.
And singing. Tons of that.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Okay so it looks like I didn't save the replay for the first klaw thing I mentioned, but it's ok as it's not really anything new - it was just klaw'ing someone on the ledge and getting stuck under the lip of Frigate Orpheon, so the opponent wouldn't be able to DI out of the suicide. I've seen it done on Final Destination a few times and once on Battlefield I think, the novelty was seeing it done on Frigate Orpheon.

For this next thing, it has to do with landing on a platform ledge. Normally when I do that the opponent gets launched normally and Bowser falls instead of bouncing, but this time something else happened. Not sure if it's because of something the CPU did or what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JifO0NzQ9mU

Sorry about the quality, there's a better way of getting slow mo footage but it requires more work and I was already sort of disappointed I didn't save the FO klawcide.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's probably incredible SDI I've seen something that has looked close to that, almost like bouncing off an invisible wall. You see CPUs do it a fair amount, at least way more than humans do, watch a TAS video and that's probably whats going on

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yeah, it's an SDI/DI thing. I've seen it happen before to players and cpus

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I went to a tourney saturday.

I got 5th out of 23 people

I lost to holy in pools 0-2( almost got that 2nd match if it wasnt of tripping, we were at kill percent both)

Lost 0-2 against ally's snake in winners
lost 0-2 to swordgard's IC in losers (...) 2nd match was his snake on brinstar last hit

I beat tin man 2-1 ( olimar, falco)
I got 2 stocked by his falco on fd, but I 2 stocks twice his olimar. That mu is really not bad...

Also I did really well against holy's mk. I got unlucky a bit but its getting better each time. Even him was like wow you improved so much in the mu.

I just never jump and stay my *** in the ground lol

so getting outplace by
1.Ally (snake)
2.Holy (mk)
3.To joe (mk)
4.swordgard (ic)

not that bad

B!squick

Smash Master
It seems so obvious now somehow that jumping with Bowser is bad in so many situations in so many match ups. Maybe we should have done that all these years instead of: "Dude! Look what I can do with Bowser!" *Klaw jumps*

I know that's what got me playing Bowser in the first place, or at least part of the reason, if I recollect 'rectly.

ALSO. If you want to play Yu-gi-oh, but don't feel like spending this much money:

http://yugioh.tcgplayer.com/db/yugioh_single_card.asp?cn=Tour Guide From the Underworld

(it was going for $400 at one point) You should check out this website:

http://www.duelingnetwork.com/

(before Konami shuts it down)

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's really not that straight-forward lol

Try not jumping against Dedede, Snake, Wario, ICs, etc. you'll do way worse.

But yeah against MK you should definitely stay on the ground, he just has way too easy of a time capitalizing on Bowser's mistakes if he's airborne

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I was at a tourney too on Saturday, and my results looked like this.....

Winners
2-0 against Marth
1-2 against Falco

Losers
2-1 against Diddy/MK
2-0 against Link/Marth
1-2 againt Falco/ROB

Got 9th out of 24. It's nothing impressive, but it felt good to do it almost entirely with my favorite character.

I went Bowser for every single game except for one against the MK (I went G&W reflexively and won, but looking back I probably would have been fine with Bowser).

In general, I'm just feeling a lot more confident with Bowser lately. He leads the way now, instead of my secondaries. Bad MUs don't intimidate me into switching nearly as much as they used to, because I'm learning to make the most of Bowser's tools in order to deal with gayness.

I'll conclude this by saying that Jabs really do kick ***, and I really need to force people to record my matches.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll spam Stingers's Facebook wall to record your matches next time.

Top Bottom