• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm going to the same tournament and I might go bowser I was doing really well with him in friendlies and Michael is going also so if I play him then I'm going bowser

:phone:

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Big tournament in montreal and Ill go full bowser. I didnt play seriously from a while. There will be a streaming Ill post u later

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys, we might have stream potential for a possible scrubby local tournament. If we do end up streaming, would you watch if I promise to pwn some noobs with BOOSUR?!

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
well this coming wednesday there's a weekly smashfest in toledo, OH and ill be repping ALL BOOZA (cause truth is i've given up on everyone else and i just use him now :p). idk if i'll have vids to upload though. also i might try to make BB scene if i get enough people interested there as well so wish me luck. :D

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'll have vids afterwards for sure, not positive that they'll be Bowser though, need to go my more srs bsns characters in bracket where I'll have a greater chance of being recorded.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
well, ground releases aren't guaranteed, so you have to do your best to manipulate it based on the mashing or w/e he does.

if he gets an air release, unless he's wasted his jump, he can just jump out or w/e if you don't do anything to him.

he can't do **** if you ground release him, so just go for re-grabs/pivot grabs if you're pro

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
if he's wasted his jump/has no jumps then you can just re-grab him regardless of what he does. if he air releases, just grab him again.

if he ground releases, re-grab him, although he'll have his double jump again.

- Bowser has 11 frames of advantage over characters that are ground-released (1 against Donkey Kong and 21 against Lucas and Ness)
- Bowser has 31 frames of advantage over characters that are air-released (30 against Jigglypuff)
- The advantage Bowser gains from air-releases is shorter if the opponent lands before the release animation is over
- Air-releases cannot be DI'd until the release animation is over
- Ground-releases cannot be DI'd if the character's feet are touching the ground
- Ground-releases can be DI'd if the character's feet do not reach the ground
- In order to force a ground-release, you should input a pummel every 28 frames
- There are 8 frames during Bowser's pummel during which the opponent can air-release, hence why ground-releases aren't guaranteed.

B!squick

Smash Master
And as we hopefully learned from that one DeDeDe thread, there's 3 kinds of releases: air, ground, and I forget the name of the other, but it's what happens when they air release during a pummel. It looks like a ground release and depending on the character I don't think it's that much different than a ground release, but if you follow up a ground release with something you know should land and it doesn't and you're SURE your timing was perfect, it was probably that other release.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I got 4th on 42 people with only bowser

Only people who outplaced me is Ally, M2k, Holynightmare ( 3 Mks... :( )

full results tomorrow

Btw thanks to the bowser players who said to approaches mostly on ground and not in the air to avoid getting juggled. It really helps me. I change my stryle with
that and it works well at the tourney even against mks.

B!squick

Smash Master
Good job, KK. This is sure to skew that tourny results thread a bit. :D

Also, don't forget to sing along with Bowser everytime you FSmash.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Awesome job, KK!

Glad to hear the grounded advice *rimshot* helped you.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Damn, KK is putting us all to shame. I only placed 17th out of 25 most recently. (going nearly all Bowser for the first time).

I saw Player-1 there, and told him that I was sent by Zigsta to monitor his Bowser usage. :p

We should have had a Bowser ditto. Next time.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I just discovered somethings akward with bowser on ps1, bowser can go under the ledge and reapear onto the stage wtf. I did it a few times im gonna test it again to be sure to do it

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I laughed, Uncle. :p

Looking forward to that video. Sounds really odd.

B!squick

Smash Master
I played some Smash last night and I was amazed how well I did with Bowser. Pretty much all I did was Jab and FTilt. I felt stupid for trying to be fancy all this time with Klaw jumping and the what not and the hey hey. Turns out just walking and PSing or Jabing projectiles while spacing Jab and FTilt was all I needed to do. Also, more Firebreath. The Dash Attack also worked wonders in certain situations when they were to far away for an FTilt.

Also played Tatsunoku? verses Capcom. That was kinda fun, except that everyone kept getting own by a first time player who was using the Nunchuk + Wiimote combo and it's one attack button and super easy to do supers. He only lost once. D:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Tatsunoko vs Capcom was dope, until I discovered Zero+Alex team. lmao

You can do supers pretty easily on the GCC because the R button by default is set to a Dash button. It dashes by pressing two..or three attacks, I think it was LMH. Anyway, you could do the command + R and get a super.

The whole baroque thing was interesting but now that I play MvC3 it seemed pretty weird to me.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
According to KingKong there's no lag wherever you land, and you can do it an infinite amount of times if you keep popping up by the ledge like at the end of the video.

He said the reason why he's jumping most of the time is because he was mashing it lol

Top Bottom