• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Animation made in America that has Japanese animation trades to them, I guess. But you know that, your qeustion is why...

B!squick

Smash Master
Animation made in America.
No.

Animation made in America that has Japanese animation trades to them, I guess. But you know that, your qeustion is why...
No, that would imply that those two shows are what someone would call American anime and I was questioning why that is. But they're not and I'm not. I know they're not, because it doesn't make any sense. Thus the question of how someone would confusedly call them as such.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yes.

Anime is just a term we use as short for Japanese Animation. While anime, the way we all think of it, more often refers to the type of Japanese animation with styles like Naruto, Bleach, etc (not specifically those ones, but of that style), it's not technically just Japanese, it can be from anywhere.

Now, american anime would be the same thing, but as its specifying America, you have to replace the Japanese part with American. Now, America generally has a different style of animation from Japan, so, as anime refers to the popular or more typically used animation from Japan, that rule would be carried over here. That means, you would take the popular animations in american art style, and that would be your American anime.

Now, the difficult thing here is trying to separate the 'Anime' from what we call Cartoons. The main difference here is that, anime is more stylized with common character designs and facial structures, detailed backgrounds, and a plot. Cartoons generally tend to be made to appeal to little kids by making the characters look deformed, and having no point to the story. The anime style has more of a realistic look in characters, where as typically in cartoons, many physical features are exaggerated. Another good difference is that anime spends a lot of time with plot and character development. A typical cartoon will have a story in one episode, whereas a anime will develop sometime complex character emotions over a period of 24 episodes.

American anime would be the animations from america that have more anime-like attributes than they do cartoon-like.

Hope that answers your question.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
also if you're asking us to explain, why are you saying no

that kind of defeats the purpose, no?

B!squick

Smash Master
Well, whatever then, I guess.

Has anyone else seen Needless? Awesome intro. Awesome show. Why does it have such a terrible ending? Also, why does Planet of the Beast King, the show I happened watch before Needless ALSO have such a terrible ending? D:

D

Deleted member

Just bought season 2 of Code Geass on Amazon. Can't wait to watch it with my friend Rikku, who has still yet to see it. :3

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So today I played Bowser in Melee with Fiction.

Oh my Goooood. I can't control him in Melee at ALL anymore. XD

Although I got GR>jab>fsmash, so I'm happy. :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Youre better with bowser than me. Just after watching the Diddy vid, Z grab more, dont fair so much to grab naners.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
That was like 6 months ago or something. I figured stuff out lol.

thanks

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Oh lol, well, good job then haha.

And yeah, my bowser has a looooong way to go.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Honestly it's not that hard. who am I kidding it's stupid as **** ololo

Really though, you just have to have a good eye for bad habits and things like that, which can help you get ahead in matches. Bowser needs that upper hand because nearly every match you will come across won't be in his favor, so you'll have to put in that extra ounce/pound/ton of work to pull it out. And at the top/high level Bowser always comes up short, which is why we have our little small family of br0s, etc. :/

Obviously Bowser isn't that good, so like Vex was preaching 2-3 weeks ago, you have to be a better player, that's what it comes down to most of the time.

Just get your >B's right and keep out for the grabs. lol

I can't really speak for too much because I barely play this game now, namely because I'm never home due to prep school, and college is approaching now. But once that's over with/I'm actually in a school, I'll probably be a lot more free and will be able to travel more. I'm looking to either stay in NY, or go to PA hopefully for college, or just be near a ****ing city at the bottom line. It still depends on who accepts my *** lmao

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well, im used to having almost 0 matches in my favor (main yoshi in a scene where its all MK/Spacies/People With Swords), but I just havent really use Bowser much before now, so its more that Im still learning stuff about him. I know the basics of the game and a few little bowser things, so I can at least succeed with him a little, but I need to learn his MU's, what he look for, and char specific things for him before I can actually say im good with him.

Player-1

Smash Legend
airdodge is really good to pick diddy's bananas up. I main Diddy and it's pretty difficult to air dodge pick up a banana from the ground while with Bowser it's incredibly easy and really useful in the MU.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I used to hate the Diddy MU, but I actually enjoy playing it now. Bowser can do cool stuff with bananas.

I've done banana to the ledge>fsmash for the win in tournament. :)

:phone:

B!squick

Smash Master
I've done banana to the ledge>fsmash for the win in tournament. :)

:phone:
Sliq did that once in a vid I saw. I don't think he won the tourny with it, but it was pretty awesome to watch.

EDIT: So, yeah, did you hear about Rage? In the latest move in the super greedy industry that is video games, you'll lose out on a portion of Rage's single player if you buy it used.

GOD DAMN IT, GAME INDUSTRY! STOOOOOOOOOP! People buy used things ALL the time. Cars, houses, music, movies. Why should you ****s be the exception, id Software? It's **** like this that encourages people to hack your ****. I applaud the people who hacked MVC3 to gain access to the "DLC" characters that were already on the disc. You should have full access to whatever product you buy. Bottom line. It should be against the ****ing law to do bull **** like that!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112247-Rage-Cuts-Single-Player-When-You-Buy-It-Used

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yo, the reason why I don't airdodge to pick up grounded banana's is because for some reason whenever i grab it like that (pause), there's a small chance that i grab it but then it falls right in front of me :x

it happens no matter if i press l/r/z. it's not neccessarily a bad thing because it'll still cause diddy to trip if he happens to approach me or something, it's just weird as ****. -.-

Player-1

Smash Legend
lol I don't know why that would happen, using z to do would cause it depending on what frame you picked it up. The only explanation I can think of for l/r is if you're accidentally hitting A or z or something at the same time.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Nevermind I just tried it again, that only happens if I press Z to airdodge on top of a banana or something.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Bowser should have rage in Smash where he can get pissed off and then everything he does is stronger, faster, and better in every way for a short amount of time.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Well, guys, I'm going to a tourney on Saturday, and this time, Bowser will be the star of my roster.

Win or lose, it's time to make some noise, Koopa-style. :bowser:

Top Bottom