• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
That's very nice I'll make use of that. My custom music exists almost completely of Western themes and music composed by John Williams. I'll look into some of yours to fill up my gaps Flayl, thanks.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yo if you need music, here:

Originally I tried to copy the whole blog, but the hyperlinks didn't carry over so it just looked atrocious. w/e.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=118490 I made this a long time ago..but had to re-make it and ****

download links are at the bottom, the music is in the first part, so you know what you're getting yourself into.

There's a whole bunch of unnecessary text because I was trying to be as detailed as possible. Some people just don't know how to work ****, and it's kind of depressing.

90% of those BRSTMs were self-made, and for accuracy's sake I'll say 99% of them are looped. I think I have one song on Halberd (might be Storm Eagle) that doesn't loop, so yeah.

If you need me to explain anything that seems unclear in the blog, let me know.

Also, I don't have the BRSTM file numbers next to the songs, but you can assume they're all in Brawl order; for example on Battlefield, the first song plays on "Battlefield", then "Menu (SSBM)", then "BF Version 2", then "BF (Melee)", then "Multi Man 1".

There's also a text file down at the bottom for you to download if that sounds too complicated, it has all the song names/brstm file names as well. I also had to split all the songs into 5/6 parts because the overall zip file was like 669 MB...yeah. :l

Flayl

Smash Hero
Oh wow button trigger songs, PAL doesn't have that yet. That would be great for more variety on the Melee stages.

Quite the extensive list you have there, good stuff.

Guys, no comments about my victory theme? :awesome:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Is it just me or does Bowser do really good against Marth? (hasnt ever looked up any of Bowser's MUs other than a few low tiers)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I seem to do much better against Marth with Bowser than I do with Yoshi lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The best is since I always go Yoshi in seriouslies, I can randomly break out Bowser on this guy and he never sees it coming lol.

Unfortunately, he seconds MK though, but if I stay Yoshi, he's generally not bad in comparison to most characters against MK.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The most winnable high tier matchups are Marth, Lucario and G&W IMO. I haven't seen proof that Wario is any worse either.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Snake aint that bad, Falco also isn't that bad in my opinion.

It's just a few of the top tiers(MK, IC's, Diddy) completely **** Bowser so it's ;[

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I literally lost to a random Wario last tournament because he knew the CG. Had a 100% lead game 3 on his CP and then got grabbed to death. :(

:phone:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah I agree with Flayl that Marth, Lucario and G&W aren't that difficult at all

I also think ZSS isn't that hard but that's just me.

I also think Snake/Falco aren't too bad either but they are slightly more difficult sometimes.

And Wario is heinous for Bowser if the player knows what he's doing, as in doesn't fall for Bowser's gimmicks and knows what he has against Bowser.

Thank you Flayl, I appreciate that (about the music)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
It depends, what specifically about her gives you trouble?

If you know a specific part. I know a Bowser who struggles with her item game, I know another who struggles with her zoning, etc.

ZSS can't exactly do anything to your shield without taking a risk. ZSS' shield pressure game isn't exactly that solid because her grab is a glass cannon, in the sense that if she gets it, it's pretty good but if she misses, she'll usually eat an FSmash/die.

Literally you can just run in and shield and just react accordingly.

ZSS is extremely good at frame traps via UAir and **** though, her juggling is pretty disgusting on Bowser if she gets below you. Horizontally it's not that big of a deal.

With items, just treat it like a Diddy with finite bananas, pretty much.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Oh tilts? hmm...

oh, this won't really help since idk if it bugs you, but all of Bowser's normal moves (jab, ftilt, dtilt, utilt) cancel out ZSS' paralyzer shot. The START of Bowser's UpB also does this.

Bowser's jab also cancels out ZSS' item if thrown at you.

If there's a distance between ZSS and you, if you have good reflexes you can FSmash and Bowser will dodge the DSmash and hit ZSS, thanks to his drawback animation. He can dodge a lot of things like that such as Marth's FAir, Dedede's grab, and other moves.

Tilts are a standard thing, you should just zone with Jab/FTilt/Klaw if that's bothering you.

The thing with cancelling out projectiles with jab is that you have to like...hit with Bowser's hand, not the swipe in front of his hand, if that makes sense at all lmao.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Since I've started playing with Bowser I've noticed that I've clanked with a lot more things a lot more often, but I'm really use to clanking with things when it catches me by surprise and I get punished after >.>, I guess I just need to get more used to playing with bowser.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah, it's not something you'll get used to overnight. Bowser can be an awkward character at times, I've seen a lot of players for which Bowser just doesn't click for, you know?

You just have to learn what he can and can't do. You also have to have good reflexes in general lol. If something clanks you have to be ready

it's better to know beforehand though. Just know Bowser's jab and ftilt cancel out quite a few projectiles.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll be at a SoCal tournament in like an hour. Should be a livestream--I'll post the link.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Bowser's Top 5 hardest MUs (in no particular order)

MK, Diddy, ICs, Yoshi, Wario

All of these criminals must be punished.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I think Olimar is much harder than Diddy. Same for D3 with infinites.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Is it just me or does Bowser do really good against Marth? (hasnt ever looked up any of Bowser's MUs other than a few low tiers)
Not really good exactly, but Marth is one of his better high tier matchups.

Ftilt stops mindless aerial spam, so it comes down to good footsies and baits.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Can somebody define well for me? Because I can't understand how anyone can still claim Bowser does well against X top tier character. I thought positive words were reserved for actual positive matchups? Sorry, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, it's not like this character has any truly positive matchups next to Ganondorf after all. Could these conclusive, positive words at least be used for matchups where Bowser can actually make some form of movement without fear of being intercepted in some manner, then?

Why does everybody magnify Bowser's strengths while seemingly brushing aside the glaring, glaring faults, and the far more important factors. Why do things like FTilt stops X character from doing Y recklessly take precedence over facts like Bowser not being able to approach? Or not having any combo's? Or not being able to camp? Or recover? Or a disgusting combination of all of these, plus more negatives!? How is it not obvious that these matchups are practically unwinnable?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
because it's not that black and white most of the time.

you seem extremely pessimistic about bowser...i mean yeah he's bad but it can be our little secret..lol

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
depends on what your definition of "good" is.

honestly the only low tier character i play is bowser, every other character i take/have taken time to learn is top tier/loads better than him, including meta knight

i just like Bowser a lot i guess.

people have always said theyve admired my dedication to such a bad/terribly represented character, but that's the case for like...all of us. lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I play (or at least used to until last tier list) all low tier characters in brawl. I use Yoshi/Bowser/Mario/Jigglypuff.

In 64, I used Yoshi/Mario/Jiggs cuz they were my favs, in melee, I kept those 3 and added Bowser/Pichu, and in brawl didnt add anyone and lost Pichu giving me Yoshi/Bowser/Mario/Jiggs. Derp.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Can somebody define well for me? Because I can't understand how anyone can still claim Bowser does well against X top tier character. I thought positive words were reserved for actual positive matchups? Sorry, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, it's not like this character has any truly positive matchups next to Ganondorf after all. Could these conclusive, positive words at least be used for matchups where Bowser can actually make some form of movement without fear of being intercepted in some manner, then?

Why does everybody magnify Bowser's strengths while seemingly brushing aside the glaring, glaring faults, and the far more important factors. Why do things like FTilt stops X character from doing Y recklessly take precedence over facts like Bowser not being able to approach? Or not having any combo's? Or not being able to camp? Or recover? Or a disgusting combination of all of these, plus more negatives!? How is it not obvious that these matchups are practically unwinnable?
Bowser sucks, is there a reason you're crying about it good sir?

Top Bottom