• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

B!squick

Smash Master
Just got back from a sealed M12 tournament. Lost 2 key games because I was drawing the wrong mana. D: Came in 6th of 8. Got a neat card as a booby prize at least.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
**** i wasn't on here for a while...it's good to know kirk decided to come by and drop down a few spots. it's very welcomed 8D

and Vex did you go to Genesis?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
**** i wasn't on here for a while...it's good to know kirk decided to come by and drop down a few spots. it's very welcomed 8D

and Vex did you go to Genesis?
Nope, I'm still in Hawaii enjoying myself, hanging out with the players here, glad I'm staying an extra week over going to Genesis. Although they are a bunch of lazy fkers! Especially MrEh!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
UltimateMarvel vs Capcom 3.

The Ultimate version is adding characters such as Phoenix Wright (...), Strider Hiryu, Firebrand, Vergil, Nemesis and Frank West from Capcom, and Doctor Strange, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Nova, Rocket Raccoon (...), and Hawkeye from Marvel. You guys know I'm a huge Ghost Rider fan/anything that has fire, and now that he's in my money is sold...again.

of course Ca$hcon had to sell a remake, as usual. Should have expected that and should have saved my money when buying the original vanilla MvC3, I just wasn't thinking.

I'm pretty hyped. Definitely going to get it.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jul/20/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-humongous-character-leaks/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAxzpAuzBs&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_102491

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
About time Capcom fully revealed the inevitable update, featuring obviously withheld characters from the 1.0 release. They'll still hold back or lock content on the disc you know, as have many developers, so they can charge you even more for it later on. They're not alone, but Capcom are definitely one of the bigger offenders of this. DLC was such a nice idea in the beginning, filled with potential. Who wasn't salivating at the thought of having new content for their favorite games made available for them to download long after the initial release?
But of course, as with nearly anything that involves investment and profiting, a seemingly wondrous idea is turned to a cheap, cold-hearted trick because developers are lazy and greedy
and smart
. Locking content already on the discs, recycling old content and charging for it, anything that requires minimum effort. Case in-point: The Modern Warfare 2 stimulus and resurgence map packs, Shuma-Gorath and Jill Valentine in Marvel vs Capcom 3 are just a few among numerous cases. Hell, even the confirmation of Frank West, Strider Hiryu and Vergil in Ultimate MvC3 are blatant examples of this lazy, cheap trend.

Of course this happens, and will continue to go on, because we just cant help ourselves and buy the junk anyway. Well, in the case of Marvel 3 it's more you cant help yourself and buy it anyway. You won't catch me playing that game or it's update. I wouldn't touch that franchise with a 30 foot pole.

B!squick

Smash Master
About time Capcom fully revealed the inevitable update, featuring obviously withheld characters from the 1.0 release. They'll still hold back or lock content on the disc you know, as have many developers, so they can charge you even more for it later on. They're not alone, but Capcom are definitely one of the bigger offenders of this. DLC was such a nice idea in the beginning, filled with potential. Who wasn't salivating at the thought of having new content for their favorite games made available for them to download long after the initial release?
But of course, as with nearly anything that involves investment and profiting, a seemingly wondrous idea is turned to a cheap, cold-hearted trick because developers are lazy and greedy
and smart
. Locking content already on the discs, recycling old content and charging for it, anything that requires minimum effort. Case in-point: The Modern Warfare 2 stimulus and resurgence map packs, Shuma-Gorath and Jill Valentine in Marvel vs Capcom 3 are just a few among numerous cases. Hell, even the confirmation of Frank West, Strider Hiryu and Vergil in Ultimate MvC3 are blatant examples of this lazy, cheap trend.

Of course this happens, and will continue to go on, because we just cant help ourselves and buy the junk anyway. Well, in the case of Marvel 3 it's more you cant help yourself and buy it anyway. You won't catch me playing that game or it's update. I wouldn't touch that franchise with a 30 foot pole.
Having it on disc and not being able to use it is a REALLY **** move though. Think about it. That'd be like buying a car with the doors duck taped to the roof. You know they're there and the car works fine without them, but having to pay more money to use something you already have sounds kinda... what's the word... oh yeah, ***.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Limit are you going to run ghost rider/dormmammu/pheonix for the massive fire team? or

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Well I run Dormammu/(Dante, Amaterasu, Zero)/Wesker now. I have no interest in Phoenix whatsoever. lol The reason why the middle is so ambiguous is because I just picked up the game about a week ago, but I was messing with Dormammu long before I bought it up at school. At school I used Dormammu Zero and Wesker.

I'll probably use Ghost Rider, Dormammu and Sentinel or a decent beam assist I guess.

From what I saw Ghost Rider has an OTG with hellfire/that move that looks similar to Dormammu's 1C2D Liberation (Inferno) and he has a command throw with the chain also..he's just slow as hell.

Then again that's judging off of a game still in progress, so I dunno. I'm just happy they added the mother****er. I'm overjoyed.

As stupid as this sounds I woke up and saw the video. It was like 11:00 AM. When I saw Ghost Rider's silhouette, I was like "no...no ****ing way." When he was actually shown and a theme played, I literally screamed, fell off my bed, and cried tears of joy when I saw him in-game as well.

/ghostriderandflamingheadfanallday

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Having it on disc and not being able to use it is a REALLY **** move though. Think about it. That'd be like buying a car with the doors duck taped to the roof. You know they're there and the car works fine without them, but having to pay more money to use something you already have sounds kinda... what's the word... oh yeah, ***.
That's the most annoying thing in the world, locked content already on discs or cartridges that you're asked to pay for later on. Who the flying **** thought that was a good idea? It is the cheapest, laziest most ridiculous idea the industry has come up with.

I first found out about it while playing 4th gen Pokemon games, content like Darkrai and Shaymin were locked onto the cartridge until those god damn mystery gifts gave us the required methods of reaching them. Ya know the Hall of Origin Arceus is still unobtainable legit? Yep, it's just locked onto Diamond and Pearl cartridges, Nintendo didn't even send us the Azure Flute via Mystery Gift or any download event. Idiots. But hey, at least they didn't charge us extra for the content already on the god damn cartridge.

Flayl

Smash Hero
NetherRealm studios jumped on that bandwagon too by making you pay for textures and fatalities on the disk. On the other hand they are making legitimate new characters that as far as I know weren't on the disk so...

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, I was kinda annoyed when I heard about that, but not nearly as much as when Capcom did it. Before you call me a hypocrite, keep this in mind:

Mortal Kombat (9)'s content >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marvel Verses Capcom 3's content

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im hella excited that they brought back Strider, Ive always used him since the first MvC.

I also think I might run Phoenix Wright, I love that guy haha.

My current team is Magneto/C. Viper/Amaterasu. I just took the 5 characters I really liked (Amaterasu/C. Viper/Felicia/Magneto/Morrigan) and chose the best of the 5 haha. But with these new additions, I might need to find space for Strider and/or Wright.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Shouldn't have brought up Phoenix Wright Z'zghashi. Capcom pissed me right off when they decided they weren't going to localize Gyakuten Kenji 2
the sixth Ace Attorney game
. What the hell is that all about? In fact, all they've been doing for quite some time is piss everybody off.

They're burning out the fighting genre and aren't taking their time with it, again. I mean for god sake, MvC3 literally came out a few months back and now the update is slated for October.

They need to stop challenging people for christ sake, Street Fighter X Tekken is a horrible idea. I don't like the idea of Layton vs Wright either, but at least Level 5 are developing that one themselves, lord knows it can't go wrong in the hands of Level 5.

They're trying to kill off Mega Man. Operation Shooting Star wasn't released outside Japan. They didn't release the Mega Man Zero Collection for the DS in the UK and other EU territories despite saying they would. They cancelled Mega Man Legends 3. They cancelled Mega Man Universe. We still haven't gotten a Mega Man X9 or a third ZX game. They can't even add Mega Man himself in freaking Marvel 3, what the holy hell is that all about?

There's a very good chance we won't be getting Monster Hunter Portable 3
though to be fair that's more the fault of the PSP's commercial failure outside of Japan
. We're not getting Monster Hunter Frontier in the US or EU.

They killed off Breath of Fire.

They sent out Okamiden to die in the wake of a new console just like they did with Okami for the PS2 and probably wont ever build upon that franchise again.

They outsourced Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City to some no-name western developer that makes freaking SOCOM games for the PSP! Sorry, What!? They outsourced the next Devil May Cry game to western dev Ninja Theory.

Their in-house games have been turd for a while now. No one likes Lost Planet. No one likes Dark Void. I suppose the surefire hits like Resident Evil 5 and Street Fighter IV are still great, though if the in-house developed Asura's Wrath and Dragon's Dogma suck, I will lose it.

Their most influential, creative and talented people keep leaving. Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya are now members of Platinum Games and made brilliant brilliant titles such as Bayonetta, Vanquish and Infinite Space. Keiji Inafune just left.

Capcom need to get it together, they're not in their fans good books right now.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
the only thing that frustrates me about the whole mega man ordeal is that we don't have shooting star/zx3.

i haven't played x7/8 but from what i know x7 was *** but 8 was pretty good. i really wish they kept it at 5 and dropped that series when ifaune did...

i've been looking forward to zx3 for god knows how long and now i know it's dead.

i honestly have no opinion on the legends series..

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Did you make them bow in awe to the brute force and strength of the almighty King of the Koopas?

B!squick

Smash Master
Hey everyone! I'm handing out free lols! :D

Click Here To Claim Your El-Oh-Els!

Also, I'm never playing Brawl again. I lost a money match against my much more drunk friend. Lost game 1 against Ganondorf with Snake, won game 2 against Captain Falcon with Olimar, and lost game 3 against Ganondorf with Olimar.

So, yeah, I'm apparently really really ****ty at Brawl.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Going to a SoCal local today. Probably gonna be 20-30 entrants.

Eventually all the videos from the past three tournaments I've been to should be up! XD

:phone:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I think the Cambodian Red-X is coming over on Thursday, and Vinnie's tournament is on Saturday.

I can go, provided I finish these damn college forms by Thursday...

Also if he feels like playing Brawl we'll get a few matches in but I doubt it. lol

Flayl

Smash Hero
About a week ago the patch file code that allows custom music was finally ported over to PAL. Here's my custom songs replacements (I only use songs from games that I've played, or at least from the same series). Question marks are stuff I plan on replacing but haven't done so yet:

[collapse="Flayl's custom soundtrack"]BATTLEFIELD
X25 - Battlefield Ver. 2 - Battle with Magus (Chrono Trigger)
W21 - Battlefield (Melee) - Fatalize (Tales of Symphonia)
W23 - Multi-Man Melee 1 (Melee) - Theme of Ryu (Street Fighter IV)

FINAL DESTINATION
T01 - Credits (Super Smash Bros.) - World Revolution (Chrono Trigger)
T03 - Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee) - The Doomsday (Sonic & Knuckles Remix)
W31 - Giga Bowser (Melee) - Bloody Tears (Castlevania Judgment)

DELFINO PLAZA
A07 - Title / Ending (Super Mario World) - Sewer Surfin' (TMNT Turtles in Time - Arcade Version)
A14 - Ricco Harbor - Eternal Struggle (Soul Calibur 2)

FRIGATE ORPHEON
D06 - Sector 1 - Rundas Boss Theme (Metroid Prime 3)
D10 - Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2) - Stop Hanging DJ's (No More Heroes)

YOSHI'S ISLAND (BRAWL)
E03 - Yoshi's Island - Yami Part 3 (Tatsunoko VS Capcom)
E05 - Flower Field - Digga Leg (Fast) (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
E06 - Wildlands - Decisive Battle (Final Fantasy VI Remix)

HALBERD
F12 - Squeak Squad Theme - Dead Batteries (Sonic & Knuckles Remix)
F07 - Vs. Marx - Crimson Twilight (Castlevania Bloodlines Remix)
F09 - Forest / Nature Area - Wings For My Way (F-Zero GX)
F11 - Frozen Hillside - Storm Eagle (Megaman X)

LYLAT CRUISE
G10 - Space Armada?
G01 - Main Theme (Star Fox) - Paper Engine (F-Zero GX)
G11 - Area 6 Ver. 2 - And You Must Dance (One Must Fall 2097 Remix)
G08 - Break Through the Ice - M. Bison's Theme (Street Fighter IV)
Q12 - Tunnel Scene (X) - Go Straight (Streets of Rage 2)

POKEMON STADIUM 2
H03 - Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City) - VS Red (Pokémon Heart Gold)
H02 - Pokemon Center?

CASTLE SIEGE
J06 - Preparing to Advance - vampire Killer (Castlevania Judgment)
J03 - Shadow Dragon Medley - Karas's Theme (Karas OVA)
J13 - Ike's Theme - Raise Thy Sword (Soul Calibur 2)
J11 - Power-Hungry Fool - The Might of Baron (Final Fantasy IV Remix)
J12 - Victory is Near - Colosseum Battle (Monster Hunter Tri)

SMASHVILLE
N01 - Title (Animal Crossing) - Wily's Requiem (Megaman 2 Remix)
N06 - Town Hall and Tom Nook's Store - No More Heroes Main Theme (No More Heroes)
N05 - The Roost - Fighting in the Street (Streets of Rage)

BRINSTAR
W04 - Brinstar Depths (Melee) - Bowser's Lava Lair (Super Mario Galaxy 2)

POKEMON STADIUM
W16 - Battle Theme (Melee) - Pokey Means Business (Earthbound)

MENU
X03 - Menu 2 - Main Menu (Tatsunoko Vs Campcom)
X01 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Main Theme - Game of Thrones Cover (Game of Thrones TV Series)

VICTORY THEMES
Z01 - Mario Series - Godzilla Theme with Roar (Godzilla GMK)

OTHER
X07 - Waiting Room - Harsh Life B (Megas XLR OST)[/collapse]

edit: There are quite a few that I had to do myself either because there wasn't a BRSTM yet or because the one available was too low (or too high in No More Heroes' case). So if you see on you like let me know and I'll upload it.

Top Bottom