• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
is wario -3 only because none of the bowsers can implement our standing chain regrab consistantly while warios can implement the chaingrab more consistantly? because i mean it's fully possible to adjust to a players speed and get the match off 3 grabs however difficult it may be. I'm spending about 60-80% of my bowser practice on grab release combos and grab release to regrab specifically to take advanatage of the aspect of bower that very few of us do to it's fullest.
If Wario's patient and runs, approaching often puts Bowser in a bad position. There's not much we can do.

Fortunately, most players assume Bowser is free anyway and just go completely aggro against him. It definitely makes the MU easier.

:phone:

_Dice

Smash Ace
If Wario's patient and runs, approaching often puts Bowser in a bad position. There's not much we can do.

Fortunately, most players assume Bowser is free anyway and just go completely aggro against him. It definitely makes the MU easier.

well in my region i have 2 aggro warios (vs everyone) and 1 very smart wario, though he just plays diddy against my bowser anyway. so i do pretty well vs warios i guess. maybe just because they fear the grab so much.

Player-1

Smash Legend
IDK, I don't really seeing Wario being a -3 even if he can do that. The biggest advantage we have over him is our range compared to his and as long as we take advantage of that then I see it being a -2.

_Dice

Smash Ace
IDK, I don't really seeing Wario being a -3 even if he can do that. The biggest advantage we have over him is our range compared to his and as long as we take advantage of that then I see it being a -2.
also the infinite on wario is easy (at least for me) you just pummel like normal and when he ground releases you press z then do it again. if he air releases at around 80 you can up air to kill or dash upsmash for the kill at 90ish. if he air releases before then you can jump side B into techchases for more damage/the kill with forward/up air depending on his DI.

Though normally i can go from 0 to about 40 before i mess up, and that ends up being about 70% after followups and if you read him well it's a kill anyway.

though the times i get to kill percent off just pummel i feel awesome.

_Dice

Smash Ace
yeah, but a good wario won't be getting grabbed that often especially with bowser's grab range
i get almost all my grabs on wario by shield grabbing the neutral air before the second hit. or off their dacus when you read it. but bowsers grab range isn't great yeah but you use the fact that warios gets REALLY predictable when he is in the air approaching you.

but i'm not as good as bowser as pretty much everyone here. i juust pretty much play wario more than any character.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Cause you're fighting aggro warios.
Campy warios, with tire traps, CG, actually quite unpredictable air abillities.
Fsmash has super armor in most of it's frames.
He can bite you.
Nuff said.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Cause you're fighting aggro warios.
Campy warios, with tire traps, CG, actually quite unpredictable air abillities.
Fsmash has super armor in most of it's frames.
He can bite you.
Nuff said.

that could be it. the only campy players we have in CFL is a ZSS player and Snakes.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Limit, Phiddlesticks and Zigsta: What videos do you feel would best represent you in the "Best video thread" in Tactical?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Zig, can you give me a couple pointers on my Bowser at Genesis? Basically I just want you to yell at me every time I try to DI with bair or do something stupid lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Zig, can you give me a couple pointers on my Bowser at Genesis? Basically I just want you to yell at me every time I try to DI with bair or do something stupid lol
You betcha, man. I'll watch as many of your matches as I can.

Flayl, I'd overall say my MM with Nike represents my Bowser the best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu7sVRm6ENA Game 1 obviously, since I won that one, haha.

Game 2 of my MM with Illmatic's probably my number 2. I ran into a lot of silly stuff but was still able to keep my composure and pull off a come-from-behind win. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYiI-g5IxGw

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I might start using Bowser in tourney again. Lately I been Wi-fiing on AiB ladder with Bowser. And winning pretty consistently. I got a new gimmick I made up yesterday, which I kind of copied from Coney's D3: Face the opposite direction of the opponent and FH infinite jump into a b-reversal Fire breath. I'm sure people already do this though.

I feel Bowser vs Peach is even.

I also have a recent MM with M@V's Zelda that I won for the video thread. Why the **** do we lose to Zelda on the matchup chart?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Peach beats us, but it's not a bad MU at all.

And Zelda beats us because we're stupid easy to lightning kick. XD

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I don't agree. What problems does Bowser have vs Peach? Most of her attacks are directed at our shield, in which we can Up b OoS.

Zelda is worst at approaching then we are. Isn't almost everything she does punishable by DA, which puts her in the air where she is awful?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Why don't we take it to the MU thread and invite some Peaches? They seem like very nice people.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Bowser gets **** on by upair strings and is vulnerable to item spam. Also if Peach is daring correctly, she'll be too high to Fortress OoS.

DA=dash attack? Why would you punish with that? XD

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Bowser gets **** on by upair strings and is vulnerable to item spam. Also if Peach is daring correctly, she'll be too high to Fortress OoS.

DA=dash attack? Why would you punish with that? XD

Dash attack is one of Bowser's best punish moves because it setups up for things afterward. His DA sends people above him. The best positioning one can have is when the opponent is above them. This puts the character that was DA'd in a bad position.
:peach: ***** :bowser2:

the end

illma****
Did you really name search :peach:?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dash attack is one of Bowser's best punish moves because it setups up for things afterward. His DA sends people above him. The best positioning one can have is when the opponent is above them. This puts the character that was DA'd in a bad position.
While I'm definitely an advocate of dash attack, it's waaaay too laggy to ever be considered one of his best punishing moves. It comes out fast and goes quite a distance and should be used as a mixup, no doubt. But its lag makes it easily punishable if you use it predictably.

Do I use it? Hell yes. Do I use it more against characters who suck when they're above me? Hell yes again. But I'd never say it's one of his best punish moves.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It's one of his more reliable ways to get people above him. A SH Fair takes longer to do then a DA. The end lag is obviously much more noticeable, but it seems DA is the faster thing Bowser can do out of a Dash.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It's true that SH fair takes longer than dash attack, but dash attack is much more likely to get shielded and punished.

I think your wording's just off. Judging from your MM, you seem to use dash attack as often as I do.

It's definitely good to know how the knockback on dash attack works at different percents so you have an idea of what followups work. Off the top of my head, I've done dash attack>Klaw at 0% and dash attack>bair at high percents on Illmatic in game 2 of our MM.

Get at me, Illmatic.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
oh the things i've done to you zigsta...

get at me world

uhhhhh booji swag

$100,000 MM? aight dwag lemme o mjg y? uair yo momma to nigeria and back
suckylickylollipop eat cereal out of shadow1pj's asscrack ****** p4's dog while i spend the night, nicole tho.

namesearch :peach: and Texas all day every hour on the hour yeee based cook cook cook ***** i look like ensis o l u q y mjg tho zigsta on dat 100,000 trillion grammy swag

shenanigans like fliphop, 1st place for a year.... o new diddy - gnes y?
camp camp camp banana on ground, banana in hand, peanut gun out
banana in glove -> tornado
texas special

dair dair dair dair dair throw out move -> hit? u **** bess peach y
***** i look like ESAM
monkey d luffey looking shadow1pj bess toon link o king toon tho
MVD, fatal, mos dangerous snake o razer tho
zucco trela lucario nike marth **** you *****

ddddddddddddddddddddddddjgggggggggggggggiwwwojfaiofpafuaskdfhaksfhjlhjkxmcnvbxcmnv,xb

Nicole

Smash Champion
oh the things i've done to you zigsta...

get at me world

uhhhhh booji swag

$100,000 MM? aight dwag lemme o mjg y? uair yo momma to nigeria and back
suckylickylollipop eat cereal out of shadow1pj's asscrack ****** p4's dog while i spend the night, nicole tho.

namesearch :peach: and Texas all day every hour on the hour yeee based cook cook cook ***** i look like ensis o l u q y mjg tho zigsta on dat 100,000 trillion grammy swag

shenanigans like fliphop, 1st place for a year.... o new diddy - gnes y?
camp camp camp banana on ground, banana in hand, peanut gun out
banana in glove -> tornado
texas special

dair dair dair dair dair throw out move -> hit? u **** bess peach y
***** i look like ESAM
monkey d luffey looking shadow1pj bess toon link o king toon tho
MVD, fatal, mos dangerous snake o razer tho
zucco trela lucario nike marth **** you *****

ddddddddddddddddddddddddjgggggggggggggggiwwwojfaiofpafuaskdfhaksfhjlhjkxmcnvbxcmnv,xb
wtf am i reading :psycho:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
dash attack into 2012, word.

oh no...i don't speak this. awww ****, i lived an unfortunate life where i wasn't able to learn how to speak ill. sorry man

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I tuned in to the Hawaii stream just in time to catch you guys in doubles. You were both soooo close to beating NinjaLink's team!

Top Bottom