• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What the hell do you do in the Bowser v. Diddy MU? I cant do **** lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ That move is the reason i got him to last stock. But I mean like... What do I do?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Limit's summary on the matchup:
Diddy [35:65]: klawhopping over bananas is possible, aerial klaw also has ghost frames so zgrabbing a thrown banana or a banana that is lying there is possible during the klaw animation, klawhopped aerials can catch bananas, including klawhopped airdodge the banana lock is stupidly difficult (or maybe im dumb). Diddy’s fliphop can be pivot grabbed, so don’t worry about that. If a banana bounces off of your shield, you can z-grab it or Fair to grab it. Keep track of all the bananas and you should be fine
Outdated vids of Ixis VS Cong, can't find more videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAjI78J8tX0&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg9RwNhhxQo&fmt=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg3wWJdqCOQ&fmt=18

One of the good things about the matchups is that if you DI everything up except UAir Diddy can only kill you at like 160%

edit: BTW, if you're ever in the situation where you're hanging on the ledge and diddy is spamming peanuts with a banana in front of him, plank the ledge for a bit until the banana disappears, then either do a regular ledge jump or a ledge hop airdodge into shield to get back on stage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Alright, well being a Diddy main myself I think I know the weak points of him pretty well. Klawhopping does indeed hurt diddy a lot if the Diddy is just mindlessly throwing bananas, but peanuts really hurt this because it shoots in arc at a really good trajectory for hitting Bowser when he approaches which can often be combod into bananas and dash attacks etc. if the Diddy is doing this I guess the best thing to do would be to expect getting hit by the peanut and when you fall down up-b immediately since popgun has a lot of lag. Against larger characters such as Bowser, monkey flip works really well and is easy to hit with. If you can predict it then go for an Ftilt or something, but otherwise your best chance it to spotdodge. The spotdodge timing is kind of hard because if you do it too soon then diddy can activate the kick part and hit you out of it so you have to spotdodge at just the right time so when he kicks he lands behind you and you can punish. Fair and Bair really hurt Diddy's recovery from the side, monkey flip is usually predictable and if you hit him out of barrels he is usually screwed. To pick up bananas from the ground use aerials and airdodges mostly. Bowser's airdodge is REALLY easy to pick bananas up with and if you use SHAD > up-b approaches or something like that then it's the same thing except you get a banana while doing it. Bowser's throws are really laggy so most of the time you want to throw them while you're in the air, this also gets more range on the bananas.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yeah what flayl posted in my summary is basically what you can do to keep safe and provide coverage for yourself while trying to get a banana

essentially klaw is kind of like a wall, but like player-1 said Diddy can just camp with the popgun and limit Bowser's aerial approach with klaw. and unless you have one banana i wouldn't really try to challenge diddy on the ground.

diddy is all about stage control (you know that) so just try to work yourself in but just be extremely patient. one mistake/miscalculation can really **** you up because diddy can work easily since bowser is big as hell and seems to

im sure if you can predict a fliphop, you could pivot grab it. i've done it before and thanks to KingBeef's easy method of (pretty much) instant pivot grabbing it works even easier now.

vs diddy you have a lot of time to think, or at least should because it can become a matchup where you just become simply overwhelmed if you lose your own momentum and mental stamina as well. i mean of course every mu in brawl requires some sort of mental strength but i think this one has the power to become strenuous as **** if you're not paying attention to everything on the screen, as in Bowser, Diddy, Bananas or any sort of stage piece if there is one.

cue zigsta aka mr. impatient. haha jk jk

and yeah like flayl said if you're at the ledge with no hope just plank the ledge and chill. patience is really important in this mu in my opinion because on paper diddy does things bowser does not want to see, such as dominate the stage with items and confine him to a space where klaw isn't exactly applicable or as applicable as it should be.

shad is great also if you can get in. it helps.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah you can pivot grab it most likely, but that goes for most characters as Bowser's grab range is pretty small and I don't have much of a problem getting pivot grabbed when I flips. Also, the timing would be even harder as Diddy can use his midair jump before he lands on the ground from the monkey flip this goes for the monkey flip kick as well if he buffers it. I think Ftilt would just be a much safer option and just as good since it doesn't have as much lag and would give you a good bit of damage, although not as much as a grab would get you.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Angled FTilt and pivot grabs will keep him out and make the Diddy think twice about approaching recklessly without banana's in hand. Also, when using Fortress grounded, It may be more beneficial to purposely let yourself slip on any stray banana's on the field, I find that tripping to a banana after this move usually works to my benefit, rather than than suffering the cooldown lag.

B!squick

Smash Master
Angled FTilt and pivot grabs will keep him out and make the Diddy think twice about approaching recklessly without banana's in hand. Also, when using Fortress grounded, It may be more beneficial to purposely let yourself slip on any stray banana's on the field, I find that tripping to a banana after this move usually works to my benefit, rather than than suffering the cooldown lag.
But don't you take damage everytime you slip? :c

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
It's strange when you think about it, a banana being thrown at you won't really hurt, but falling over it..

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
**** Zigsta.

Jk, i like Zig, i really want to meet him at Genesis, realized he was coming as he's pretty much directly above me on the Player List for Genesis.

Ohwait, it goes: Zigsta, Zori, Z'zgashi /list

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Bowsercide imo, Bowser can sometimes jump after killing his opponent giving him the win for sure if it's last stock, and with Ganoncides, the opponent sometimes dies second owning Ganon. HOWEVER, your opponent guides the Bowsercide if they have less damage so its hard to pull off sometimes without the lead.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
**** Zigsta.

Jk, i like Zig, i really want to meet him at Genesis, realized he was coming as he's pretty much directly above me on the Player List for Genesis.

Ohwait, it goes: Zigsta, Zori, Z'zgashi /list
Yessir, I'm confirmed for Genesis!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Mr. Game and Watch and Zigsta: Im going to the Texas Championships

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ballin'. Lemme know if you need housing.

:phone:
I actually might, BUT WE'LL SEE, Leaf/Rei want me to stay with them too, but I dont know any details about that yet.

I would prob also come with a few other Utahan players, but it would def not exceed 5 including me.

B!squick

Smash Master
But buttons. :/

I still want Nintendo to release that SNES controller for the Wii that they gave to Japanese Club Nintendo members.

You can get third party versions of that though.

In other news, saw an ad for the new Thundercats revival one hour season premier... and it looks ****ing awesome.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
229.2 miles. 4 hours, 17 minutes.

According to google maps :3

that'd be alot for you, if it started at like 10 :/
and we can't do housing as of now.
Though there's a competitive melée player in our city, who kiiinda likes brawl who has an apartment.
Maybe I'd talk to him.
Nothing confirmed tho, still looking for venues.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If you can get me housing, I'll come if my schedule's clear.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Apparantly a falcon main lives here.
We want housing, but me and laber can't, we live with our parents an hour from Tyler.
We just go there everyday.

But, step 1 is find a venue :)

B!squick

Smash Master
Yay! One Piece is finally out of its prequel story ark and we're finally back with Luffy in the present day! Now I have something to look forward every week besides Naruto after Bleach started going down hill. :D

Also, I thought TGWTG second year get together was better than this third one that just finished up. The silly costumes was kinda fun, but half the fun of the previous get togethers was that they were all in character. And together. In this one they were basically playing a character playing a character half heartedly, which ended being less entertaining than it sounds.

And since it was such a large group, barely anyone had any lines besides Critic, Mati, Spoony, and Film Brain. All Spoony did was shout his Gandalf-esque dialog, Mars Girl just talked sub titled gibberish the whole time, Angry Joe had a running gag that started getting old around the third time he was saying his name and mis-saying who the other person killed, Phelous just talked to his action figures half the "movie" and morned their lose the rest of it.

What else... Handsome Tom was just sorta "there" as usual. Seriously, why does he even bother doing these get together specials if he's just going to stand around? At least they got some use out him during the second year by having him stand on the roof and hold the flag.

Linkara... I really don't remember him having any meaningful dialog at all, let alone much dialog period. I do remember him wanting to sing a song at the end for some reason...

Mickey... again, just sorta there. Was kinda funny when Tom made him fly.

Snob did pretty good. He actually had some lines thinking back, but with so many people he was just buried by the rest of the cast. In fact, now that I mention it, he was probably the most memorable person character wise and acting wise. I really want to see that random movie he was in now.

Nostalgia Chick... ugh, after hearing her and her dopey friend make that silly comment in their First Class thoughts and comments video about how they didn't think brothels were around waaaaay back in the 1960s ( D: ) I've pretty much lost all the respect I had for them after that amazing Kirk verse Picard video they did. I mean, there's just some things that EVERYBODY knows and when you make an internet video exposing the fact that you didn't know, you start asking yourself, 'what other obvious things do they know nothing about?' Do they think America's founding fathers fought against slavery? Do they think 9 year old John Quincy Adams was a founding father? Who knows. They may or may not, that's for sure.

Anyway, who else... Jewario had his one or two moments. Same with Benzai. There was that one guy who was competing with Film Brain who's Canadian and.... yeah. That's all I can remember cast wise. Was probably a couple more... Oh yeah, the dude in the lion suit and Paw. Paw was pretty funny. Why didn't they use his gag as much as they used Angry Joes? I forget who he was supposed to be, but he had this noise he made after everything he said that was just awesome.

Effects were pretty bad ***. And the villain actually being trained in the arts martial made for a pretty great climax. It was sadly very forgettable for the most part overall.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yay! One Piece is finally out of its prequel story ark and we're finally back with Luffy in the present day! Now I something to look forward every week besides Naruto after Bleach started going down hill. :D

Also, I thought TGWTG second year get together was better than this third one that just finished up. The silly costumes was kinda fun, but half the fun of the previous get togethers was that they were all in character. And together. In this one they were basically playing a character playing a character half heartedly, which ended being less entertaining than it sounds.

And since it was such a large group, barely anyone had any lines besides Critic, Mati, Spoony, and Film Brain. All Spoony did was shout his Gandalf-esque dialog, Mars Girl just talked sub titled gibberish the whole time, Angry Joe had a running gag that started getting old around the third time he was saying his name and mis-saying who the other person killed, Phelous just talked to his action figures half the "movie" and morned their lose the rest of it.

What else... Handsome Tom was just sorta "there" as usual. Seriously, why does he even bother doing this get together specials if he's just going to stand around? At least they got some use out him during the second year by having him stand on the roof and hold the flag.

Linkara... I really don't remember him having any meaningful dialog at all, let alone much dialog period. I do remember him wanting to sing a song at the end for some reason...

Mickey... again, just sorta there. Was kinda funny when Tom made him fly.

Snob did pretty good. He actually had some lines thinking back, but with so many people he just buried by the rest of the cast. In fact, now I mention it he was probably the most memorable person character wise and acting wise. I really want to see that random movie he was in now.

Nostalgia Chick... ugh, after hearing her and her dopey friend make the silly comment in their First Class thoughts and comments video about how they didn't think brothels were around waaaaay back in the 1960s ( D: ) I've pretty much lost all the respect I had for them after that amazing Kirk verse Picard video they did. I mean, there's just some things that EVERYBODY knows and when you make an internet video exposing the fact that you didn't know, you start asking yourself, 'what other obvious things do they know nothing about?' Do they think America's founding fathers fought against slavery? Do they think 9 year old John Quincy Adams was a founding father? Who knows. They may or may not, that's for sure.

Anyway, who else... Jewario had his one or two moments. Same with Benzai. There was that one guy who was competing with Film Brain who's Canadian and.... yeah. That's all I can remember cast wise. Was probably a couple more... Oh yeah, the dude in the lion suit and Paw. Paw was pretty funny. Why they did they use his gage as much as they used Angry Joes? I forget who he was supposed to be, but he had this noise he made after everything he said that was just awesome.

Effects were pretty bad ***. And the villain actually being trained in the arts martial made for a pretty great climax. It was sadly very forgettable for the most part overall.
I like one piece.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I gave up on caring about Bowser's tier list position a long time ago.

Like I strongly felt that Bowser was better than Mario and Lucas and deserved to be at the top of low but all of that just went dead. It probably won't change anymore, unless NoID does more **** and then Samus gets above Bowser.

Then I'll really drop all thoughts.

Top Bottom