• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Flayl

Smash Hero
Bowser players haven't done enough to prove he's a better character than Lucas or Mario (I also feel he's better than those two). That's what it boils down to.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Samus rises above Bowser next tier list just because of NoID, he's that good.

The only thing that would make me mad is if they gave Jigglypuff a "potential" rise above Bowser, lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Don't worry, the Bowsers back there would never let either character rise above us, haha.

But yeah, Bowser basically didn't prove to be better or worse from last list.

:phone:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
well idk, the nearest tournament in NY is going to be...uh Vinnie's on july 30th..

even if there is soemthing before that, I won't be able to go because I'll be in NC for 2 weeks working on MvC3 8D

INB4DORMAMMU o

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Why would we feel bad? You dropped down to the worst...your decision. lol

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Isn't that the point?

Thats like spending money to fix up an old car. Rather than a newer one.

In this case. I am spending my time on Ganondorf, rather than Bowser. Lol.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Besides. I am still rooting for you guys. Bowser will always be my second main.

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, I was hoping Yoshi would go up more, too. :/

Maybe next time, as long as Yoshis keep putting in work.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Bowser's spot is pretty much locked in. He'll always be better than the bulk of the low tier guys, but not much more than that. Why did the developers give him such impressive tools (Fortress, Klaw, Grab releases), but such ridiculous limitations? It's like they told Bowser that they're going to make him good in Brawl by giving him those shiny tools, but it turns out to be a troll, and they saddle him with limitations afterwards. :glare:

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
So there are now 9 Individual tiers now? Jesus christ. Anyway, I'm not surprised Luigi dropped, but I don't agree completely agree with how much he dropped, I think he should swap places with Sonic. I think Ike should swap with Sheik as well. Sheilda needs to disappear because there is no such character.

I feel Lucas should move to the bottom of E, if only so Mario onward can be placed in a tier of their own, since they're all practically as bad as each other. I understand why H tier exists, but really it isn't necessary since G tier isn't much better, if at all. In a hypothetical tier comprised of most of G and H, Samus should probably be the top, with Bowser being next to Link maybe somewhere in the middle, and Jiggs next to Ganon at the bottom of the pile.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Luigi is secretly the best character in the game, trust me. He just purposely sandbags so he doesn't get banned, but he's going to stop sandbagging and the biggest tournament in brawl history, but IDK which one that will be yet so I can't foil his plans.

B!squick

Smash Master
boss plays Luigi. Enough said.

EDIT: You know, I just remembered, this is the first tier list where Bowser didn't drop.

.... So, I guess, hurray for finally not taking a step backwards?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Finally saw Green Lantern. It definitely has its flaws, but it's not worthy of 20% on Rotten Tomatoes.

6/10

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I think the latest Transformers movie is the biggest piece of trash I've seen all year.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Funny I just watched the latest Transformers film in 3D at a cinema with some friends. I thought the film itself wasn't terrible, OK even, though I'm a complete novice in the topic of movies and far from the best film critic around. I found myself paying more attention to the 3D effects in all honesty. A lot of people down talk 3D for not being the most amazing thing since electricity and, while I'm not ready to join the camp that have fallen in love with it (however small it may be), I can say it at least added to the experience, if only a bit. I'm sure other films make better use of 3D but I don't know.

I have a new found respect for Sony and Nintendo for pushing 3D gaming though, I think it has more potential in that field. During the film I couldn't help but wonder what it would be like playing certain games in 3D, or wondering how games could make clever use of it. Hopefully such games are realized in the future, the 3D effect used in Pilotwings for the 3DS gets a lot of praise, so I'm certain the potential is there. I can't wait to see what Super Mario for the 3DS will do with it, and I hope Tri-Ace's Beyond the Labyrinth makes good use of it to, so much potential it could have when combined with such a gorgeous art direction and mysterious setting.

Flayl

Smash Hero
As the BBR has Bowser's matchups we apparently play the 4th worst character in the game. Now I don't know about the BBR, but there are like 8 matchups I disagree with on the chart.

What's your opinion guys? Which matchups do you feel should be looked into?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Here's how I would change Bowser's MU chart.

Bowser/Samus to -2
Bowser/Kirby to -1
Bowser/Peach to -1
Bowser/Wario to -2
Bowser/Fox to -1
Bowser/Lucario to -1
Bowser/Luigi to -1

Basically, those are the MUs that are most worthy of looking into, imo.

I may have quit Bowser (as a secondary/tertiary, technically I was never deserving of main status), but I still care about how he's viewed competitively. I just won't be a hawk pushing for board activity anymore, because that would be hypocritical.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Well personally I think all matchups need to be re-reviewed for accuracy, I believe the chart is incorrect and very deceptive, and that character MU's in general are far more unbalanced than is made out. Speaking of Bowser specifically though, well, I may as well just say I disagree with every single ratio right there, because I do. With the exception of maybe one or two.

I don't necessarily believe we play the 4th worst character in the game, though. By, what I can only describe as the interference of some benevolent deity, there are in fact other characters that are worse than Bowser.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
**** i forgot what the chart looks like for bowser..

but we definitely do not play the 4th worst character in the game.

what happened to zelda/ganondorf/link/captain falcon/jigglypuff/whoever else im forgetting because they suck ?

that's more than 4...i hope.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Here's how I would change Bowser's MU chart.

Bowser/Samus to -2
Bowser/Kirby to -1
Bowser/Peach to -1
Bowser/Wario to -2
Bowser/Fox to -1
Bowser/Lucario to -1
Bowser/Luigi to -1

Basically, those are the MUs that are most worthy of looking into, imo.

I may have quit Bowser (as a secondary/tertiary, technically I was never deserving of main status), but I still care about how he's viewed competitively. I just won't be a hawk pushing for board activity anymore, because that would be hypocritical.
I actually think Kirby is 50-50. Wario is -3, though.

We will be working on the next MU chart soon in the BBR.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I actually think Kirby is 50-50. Wario is -3, though.

We will be working on the next MU chart soon in the BBR.
is wario -3 only because none of the bowsers can implement our standing chain regrab consistantly while warios can implement the chaingrab more consistantly? because i mean it's fully possible to adjust to a players speed and get the match off 3 grabs however difficult it may be. I'm spending about 60-80% of my bowser practice on grab release combos and grab release to regrab specifically to take advanatage of the aspect of bower that very few of us do to it's fullest.

Top Bottom