• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
ok so i figured out how to do the ledgehop fair laglessly

but i can't explain it besides saying you have to do a backwards ledgehop off of the ledge and then fair and try to move towards the stage...if that makes any sense.

it's pretty annoying but im getting it a lot more often than before.

it's also useless but w/e lol
I have known how to do it a long time ago and I sent the replays to a bowser player but I forgot who but he never uploaded it :(

Flayl

Smash Hero
I have known how to do it a long time ago and I sent the replays to a bowser player but I forgot who but he never uploaded it :(
Should've sent it to me... You could've also tried to explain it.

I don't really get why Bowsers stopped sending their replays to me.

A lot of Bowser's ATs are useful and I'm honestly disappointed nobody does anything with them (except for the ridiculous ones like pivot grab out of grab release)

Honestly I'm just hoping Brawl dies soon so I can stop being disappointed in general by it in some way or another

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
you could also send replays to me...lol i'd love to upload replays of bowser again since i'm inactive pretty much.

flayl you're just pessimistic as ****...or some sort of negative. :/

i don't hope brawl dies at all. i haven't truly started with this game yet. these erratic appearances at tournaments aren't really doing much. the gap between unlimited freedom is closing though.

that's the overly selfish motive, but on a larger scale i think the community as a whole can improve and it'll be quite a while before they start truly developing smash and putting out news for it and **** like that. so what's the rush?

if anything we have mvc3 (dormammu <3) and AE, AND MK9 which all just came out pretty recently. on a broader scale there are a lot of alternatives to this. speaking of which do you play anything else flayl?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Is there some sort of archive for Bowsers ATs? To be fair I haven't seen too much of 'em..

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
klaw hopping, grab release info (including pivot regrabs), klaw dropping, ledge cancelling with klaw

that's...about it, anything i'm missing is either basic, something universal, useless, or difficult as balls to do (cue pivot regrabs)

Moozle

Smash Champion
King Beef figured out a really easy way to pivot regrab but I forget how, I'll see if I can find his post about it.

Hi guys I play Bowser :)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Competitively I play Street Fighter and that's it for now. I plan on playing End of Nations competitively when it comes out.

Non-competitively I play much much more.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
King Beef figured out a really easy way to pivot regrab but I forget how, I'll see if I can find his post about it.

Hi guys I play Bowser :)
Dash opposite of the direction you want to grab, press Z button and c-stick opposite the direction of your dash (all simultaneously). Easy pivot grab. :)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Dash opposite of the direction you want to grab, press Z button and c-stick opposite the direction of your dash (all simultaneously). Easy pivot grab. :)
I love you. As in I can do this pivot regrab stuff with ease now, just tried it.

with tons of practice/perfection of course

Scatz

Smash Champion
IIRC, didn't you have to buffer the pivot grab to make the move land? That's what I remember when watching the video...

Flayl

Smash Hero
It can land on some characters if you don't buffer it, but yeah you miss out on a lot of regrabs.

Is what King Beef suggesting bufferable or does it have to be timed? Thanks for giving us the tip btw

Scatz

Smash Champion
I know for a fact that you have to time King Beef's method. You have to input back, down, back to get a buffered dash.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Video's get exepted in there to easily now, and it's more about one guy being awesome and beating someone flashy than actual good video's.. Not that that's not fun to watch sometimes. Btw, I wish Bowser had Egg throw.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
bowser would be gay as **** if he had egg throw

also you're getting stuff mixed up, nothing was ACCEPTED into the thread, someone just posted the link.

trust, people recognize good play on both sides when they see it, and people also recognize when someone was completely outplayed.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Why did he spend so much time jumping into Yoshi's grabs? :C
And the eggs aren't that hard to powershield.

Anyway I'm not gonna tell King Kong how to play Bowser since I'm pretty terrible at this game, but those are just the things that I wondered about when watching the match.

Flayl

Smash Hero
You and me both. The resident Yoshi here told me he thought KK did an awful job.

BTW, you guys realize that eggs always take the same time to explode? And that Yoshi cannot move at all until it does (or a few frames before)?

B!squick

Smash Master
Why did he spend so much time jumping into Yoshi's grabs? :C
And the eggs aren't that hard to powershield.

Anyway I'm not gonna tell King Kong how to play Bowser since I'm pretty terrible at this game, but those are just the things that I wondered about when watching the match.
It's not like they were playing on FD where he'd have space to move around. If he wasn't ADing Eggs he was just getting grabbed on the ground. I believe they call that being screwed coming and going.

You and me both. The resident Yoshi here told me he thought KK did an awful job.

BTW, you guys realize that eggs always take the same time to explode? And that Yoshi cannot move at all until it does (or a few frames before)?
I had no idea. Not that it matters much to me personally as no one in my circle of friends uses Yoshi, but that sounds like awesome info for the future.

Additionally, I'll say again, terrible commentary on that vid we're referring to. I think it was bad enough to bare repeating.

_Dice

Smash Ace
What is the falco MO like? i'm going to a tournament in a couple weekends where i'll need to know that MO and i haven't had any practice.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
What is the falco MO like? i'm going to a tournament in a couple weekends where i'll need to know that MO and i haven't had any practice.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=303626

and it's MU, not MO. Match Up.

Falco's most basic tools shut us out but if we get the opportunity to deal with him we can retaliate pretty well. It's not really that bad of an MU imo, although I've seen a few people call it 35-65 Falco but no one cares about numbers. Just know Falco has it good.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master

Kingkong did get outplayed, doesn't change the fact the matchup is super bad.

MrEh

Smash Hero
What Zigsta said. Also learn the spacing of your Jab, and practice Fortressing on reaction to Falco's Phantasm.

Top Bottom