• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Some projectiles can also be beat with jab and ftilt. It's handy for keeping your shield full and not getting grabbed.

:phone:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Not very helpful advice.

Player-1 Bowsers use a mixture of short hop airdodging (when the opponent is farther away), klaw hopping on platforms (when you're not playing on fd or sv), power-shield to dash attack (has huge range and can punish laggier projectiles) and yes, jab for projectiles like Mario's fireball and Samus's missile.

You can also use guess work to punish projectiles with long animations by airdodging next to the opponent and using fortress/klaw. This requires you to learn your opponent's habits first.

edit: Against Olimar you either jab the pikmin when they're flying towards you or just ignore them and go for the klaw if you're close enough.

B!squick

Smash Master
Wow. I was SO close to walking out of the theater today. Went to see that new X-Men movie. Good god does it drag it's feet for the first half. Not only that, but it's riddled with plotholes. I don't know if it's supposed to be a reboot of the X-Men movies, but even it is and even if you ignore continuity from the comics and just say that the movie is establishing it's own, it still doesn't make sense in some parts.

For example: You know that part in the trailers where Magneto lifts the sub out of the water? Well, first they had to have some sound guy jump in the water and act like a living sonar... because Magneto can't sense metal through water?

Despite that and the really stupid wrap up involving Prof. X and his apparent love interest (I say apparent because we never see this relationship develop), the second half really saved the movie and made it worth waiting through the tedium of the first half.

And I have to say, they did a REALLY good job portraying Charles and Erik's complex relationship.

Sadly though, the main thing I'm going to remember about this movie is that Professor X, one of the most brilliant men in the X-Men universe... is really bad at chess. Seriously, he's talking to Erik and I'm just watching their chess game (there wasn't anything else going on) and he moves his Queen in front of Mag's King. And I look around the board for a moment and Erik takes the obvious course of action and takes Professor X's Queen. I was just... dumbfounded. Couldn't they have just set up the board really quick so Charles didn't look like a dumb ***? It's not like the scene was very long. That exchange was all that happened. What the ****?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I heard that movie was really good, I need to see it, but there are a lot of movies out that I want to see.

Maybe it was Professor X's super amazing plan to beat Magneto though :3

_Dice

Smash Ace
so entered a tournament w/ bowser day 1 of learning him, beat every wario, lost to ike, fox, snake. came in last place due to character changes though, would beat wario game 1 then they'd switch characters.

damn wario gets beat hard off a grab though.

definitely going to learn more though, by the end of the day was able to come close to beating one of the metaknights there (who was probably the 3rd or 4th best player there)

SAX

Smash Ace
so entered a tournament w/ bowser day 1 of learning him, beat every wario, lost to ike, fox, snake. came in last place due to character changes though, would beat wario game 1 then they'd switch characters.

damn wario gets beat hard off a grab though.

definitely going to learn more though, by the end of the day was able to come close to beating one of the metaknights there (who was probably the 3rd or 4th best player there)
You never beat me. Haha. However you didn't infinite me, so I can't say much. It's Just I play a lot different in tourny. If we ever get matched up you'll see :)

best of luck with the bowser stuff though. I'll try to e hyping the upcoming best bowser in florida! haha :D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yo Dice, welcome to the boards!

If you can, get some videos of your Bowser recorded. It'll help a ton to have them critiqued.

_Dice

Smash Ace
You never beat me. Haha. However you didn't infinite me, so I can't say much. It's Just I play a lot different in tourny. If we ever get matched up you'll see :)

best of luck with the bowser stuff though. I'll try to e hyping the upcoming best bowser in florida! haha :D
I didn't play you in tournament, i beat solo's wario. in friendlies i beat you once, and lost every other time :) though i didn't play you near the end when my bowser started to click more.

And zigsta I just watch your vids and find my options in every scenerio so i can try to pick the best one. :)

i use down B as an airdodge too much, i can't klaw hop, and i don't tilt enough, are my basic issues at this time. ( 1 day of practice)

SAX

Smash Ace
I didn't play you in tournament, i beat solo's wario. in friendlies i beat you once, and lost every other time :) though i didn't play you near the end when my bowser started to click more.

And zigsta I just watch your vids and find my options in every scenerio so i can try to pick the best one. :)

i use down B as an airdodge too much, i can't klaw hop, and i don't tilt enough, are my basic issues at this time. ( 1 day of practice)
True statement is true.
Hopefully I can make the next Gfest and get some more friendlies. I'll try not to sandbag if you don't want me to.

I look forward to seeing you rep bowser man! :D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Watching videos is a HUGE help. I still watch most Bowser videos, and most stuff I do I stole from other Bowsers. :p

You'll find we all play a bit different. Ixis and I jab cancel a lot more, for example.

Bowsers don't have the most videos by far, but we've got enough to give you an idea on what works and doesn't work.

And of course if you've got questions, ask! We're all pretty helpful and laid-back around here.

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Dice bowser sux and no one uses him, you should just switch to one of the other fat characters.

_Dice

Smash Ace
True statement is true.
Hopefully I can make the next Gfest and get some more friendlies. I'll try not to sandbag if you don't want me to.

I look forward to seeing you rep bowser man! :D
when people sandbag vs me it pisses me off, since i get to play once a week at best, and making me do things that aren't good because you are choosing not to punish them keeps me a bad player.

:D

thanks Zigsta, i think it's pretty funny my first character i had to learn from texas, and now i still do :)

also player 1, Ed!'s zelda is Beastly, definitely the best zelda, have you seen him beat seibrik? hilarious.

Player-1

Smash Legend
when people sandbag vs me it pisses me off, since i get to play once a week at best, and making me do things that aren't good because you are choosing not to punish them keeps me a bad player.

:D

thanks Zigsta, i think it's pretty funny my first character i had to learn from texas, and now i still do :)

also player 1, Ed!'s zelda is Beastly, definitely the best zelda, have you seen him beat seibrik? hilarious.
I wasn't saying zelda wasn't good, I was calling her fat, but I guess you missed the joke...

_Dice

Smash Ace
I wasn't saying zelda wasn't good, I was calling her fat, but I guess you missed the joke...
I wasn't saying you were saying she wasn't good, i was gently mocking fuu, who has complained about ed being listed as the best zelda, specifically referring to his match vs seibrik. :)

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Since my arms aren't sore anymore, I got to play Brawl pain-free for the first time in 2 months. It took me a while to get into the swing of things again (I started by playing against a Diddy XD), but I started playing better.

Mentally I'm still not 100% yet. The game just felt really fast to me since it's been a while since I used my hands so fast.

I'm probably going to a SoCal tournament this Saturday. Depending on how I feel, mikeHAZE and I will have our MM.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
school ended on june 2nd for me, and I had SAT IIs yesterday so I haven't had true playing time yet. this whole month will be occupied with college related **** but it's nice to have brawl within 2 feet of me again. :D

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Bowser being bad makes me sad. At least he's higher than he was in Melee though.

By like 3 spots

So the real question: Are there any MUs that playing Bowser would help me, keeping in mind I'm a Dedede main? I really want an excuse to break him out in tournament.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah, but then the question is who can take advantage of it more, who can put more damage on them, so I would think bowser because of his GR shenanigans, D3 can't really do much since he doesn't have much combo ability or a CG on MK.

_Dice

Smash Ace
So i've been watching a ton of bowser vids, is there a reason for often not doing the chaingrab on grab release and opting for a side b or ftilt instead even when you could get more damage by pummeling more with the chaingrab first? for instance on MK, marth, wario i see the most.

Top Bottom