• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Player-1

Smash Legend
You can still try to DI and tech the stage or something. Against Falco, you can always survive CG to spike with meteor cancelling, but you can still get footstooled for the kill which is annoying, if the Falco doesn't know that then you should be fine.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
you can just SDI the DAir onto the stage and you should be fine, stage/wall teching shouldn't be necessary...or maybe I'm reading your post wrong.

but yeah, footstool killing is really good and saves a lot of trouble lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You don't even need to meteor cancel to survive as Bowser. Just save your double jump and Fortress.

One time a Falco CG'd to spiked me on FD, jumped off to footstool me, and Fortress spiked him FAST straight down at 11%.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well, I was talking from a yoshi main perspective, so sorry for that confusion lol. I really have pretty much no idea how to fight falco with bowser as I only now am learning to use him in low tiers. With yoshi, we camp back and run away until we're out of CG percents as it's hard to come back after taking up to 60 free damage and being put in a bad position. Then when we're gonna die, we go back to camp mode in hopes to stack more damage without much commitment.

Bowser probably would need to play that a lot different as he really doesn't have a projectile like that.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
that sounds like heinous DI on his part...
Yeah, he was DIing down, haha.

If you happen to catch someone trying to footstool Bowser and he doesn't change his DI in time, Fortress sends him down too fast to recover. It's not a true spike, but it's pretty close.

I did it to a Falco and a GW.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I used to hate the Falco matchup so much, but then I met the Diddy Kong matchup..

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I actually like the Falco MU.

My Diddy experience is basically playing Gnes in Smashville for an hour.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's legit experience though lol, one on one time with one of the worlds best is nice.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I like the Diddy and Falco MUs a lot actually.

I have the most experience/familiarity (as in I've played those 3 characters the most) against Ike, Marth, Lucario and MK though... :/

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like playing the Lucario MU with Bowser, I dont know why, probably cuz he doesnt feel ******** to beat lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Nado spam isn't terribly bad, but you have to play incredibly patient and for the most part not flashy.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Does Bowser have any moves that reliably beat out nado? I know yoshi has egg lay, egg toss, pivot grab if he's low, usmash if he's high, fsmash if spaced, DJ nair or uair, and that egg roll clanks, but does bowser have any? I'd assume fire breath can beat it out if you see the nado coming, that klaw could grab armor it's way through (at least when grounded), and OoS fortress, but anything else? And do those even work?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
OoS Fortress, ftilt, utilt, dair, nair, Bowser Bomb, and Klaw all beat Nado. Bowser Bomb and dair beat it from the top, but the timing is tricky. Our airdodge is so garbage though that it won't hurt to BB/dair Nado instead of try to airdodge through it.

Nair and Klaw beats it from the side. I forget which one, but one needs to come in from a diagonal. I've seen Vex post an image of where these moves beat Nado, but I don't remember what thread it's in.

And yeah, Firebreath beats it at the beginning.

Klaw can beat aerial Nado, by the way.

<3 Dojo

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Woah, totally didn't see nair coming. Never wouldve guessed that beat it out O.o

Flayl

Smash Hero
Most of those moves only work when tornado doesn't have a hitbox out or if the MK is hovering in the same place. Someday if I haven't quit brawl yet I'll test it out.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
All of the ones i said will beat it out at any time as long as its spaced right or in the right position. Otherwise, ftilt, dtilt, down b, dair, and dsmash would beat it out as well.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Sup, I'm picking up Bowser against Falco now, I'd never have thought this matchup would be so fun.
Thanks to the matchup thread :O

Player-1

Smash Legend
what's the best way to momentum cancel with bowser? His fastest aerial is fair, but is his air dodge better? On the diddy boards, there was a list of characters and their best move for momentum canceling by the Japanese and when we all thought that Diddy's bair was the best it was actually his air dodge because you can air dodge out of hit stun before you can use an aerial which game air dodge a 3 frame advantage over bair. So is it fair or air dodge?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
there was a debate over if airdodge was better.

i just fair, ive tried airdodge a few times but i can't really see a difference

Scatz

Smash Champion
I never understood that list. Why use a move that finishes later for momentum canceling?

Player-1

Smash Legend
because air dodge can come out of hitstun before aerials can, I think by 12 frames it was making air dodge better in some cases

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
well my way isn't really perfect but when you're on the verge of a bowsercide, just mash x when you're near the blastzone and you'll be able to jump out. if you look at the bottom of the screen bosser will be in the magnifying glass doing his double jump animation. then you just up-b and...die.

the best way to not only practice but also see it is if you use someone like kirby and use an easy stage like smashville. smashville is the easiest stage to get the timing down for each character imo.

and lightweights are also really easy. im pretty sure you dont have to mash x but just so i dont mess up i do it.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
yo, broowser skype chat?

or is skype something everyone doesn't have

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have a skype, but almost never use it, I like AIM.

So how should I be timing it? And what's reasoning behind the jump thing and the timing?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
well i have aim too, it's up to you guys. i really don't care. it's just nice to have a collective group of us all.

i guess right when you see bowser/whatever character you're performing it on go into the blast zone [bubble or w/e] OR as he's approaching that point, you can start mashing x then.

as an example you can watch kingkong vs kingtoon game 1, although it's kinda hard to keep up with and going back and forth in youtube videos is a pain. the most advice i can give you is practice it...i can make a video on it when i get home but you'd have to wait like a week to 10 days.

well the reasoning behind the whole jumping thing is because when bowser does the bowsercide, most of the time the victim dies before him, so there's a small time frame where bowser's just chilling in the blast zone. bowser's in the air so when you "jump" out of the bowsercide, it's a double jump and you only have your up-b left.

the timing differs because the blast zones of each stage differ in length, depth etc (example, smashville as opposed to ps1 or something like that), and the size of each character differs as well, which means the time/speed they enter the blastzone before bowser and the time that they die differs. combine both together and you pretty much have a different timing for each stage but a kinda similar timing for each character size. i think, or maybe it's the other way around. for example kirby, mk and jigglypuff have a similar timing, mario and diddy have similar timings and probably luigi as well if we're going by that logic.

i can't really do it that often on larger characters though

and tell me if this makes sense at all because i've developed a habit of explaining things half-assedly at times, so sorry if it doesn't.

Top Bottom