• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Player-1

Smash Legend
that makes sense except for one part. I always imagined the blastzone pretty much as a a line and once you pass that line your dead and i just that for every stage so I don't get why it would change for the stage.

Also, I was surprised that all of the pokemon for PT have same timing as jiggz, mk, kirby, etc.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
that makes sense except for one part. I always imagined the blastzone pretty much as a a line and once you pass that line your dead and i just that for every stage so I don't get why it would change for the stage.

Also, I was surprised that all of the pokemon for PT have same timing as jiggz, mk, kirby, etc.
Oh so you did try it.

Yay it made sense for the most part...um, maybe your interpretation is right. I do know that it differs for each stage. Maybe you are right, and in that case then maybe it's just the distance from when Bowser grabs the victim at the start of the klaw and then the distance to the blastzone that messes with the timing. I'm not sure.

inb4flaylexplainsitmoreaccurately

Player-1

Smash Legend
yeah, I tried it on other stages and the timing was different. I also found it strange that the timing you and I are talking about only stays like that if you're near the stage, if you get close to the side blast zones then it gets harder.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
well...that's...weird.

another speculation, might not be true: maybe because it's in the corner/closer to the side it could be that because there's more than one blastzone to deal with it becomes more difficult?

my mind is gone @_@

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
word idk it was just a suggestion. we had a xat way back when but that died. and then we didn't really do much after that.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yeah, we had a Xat for the Yoshis and that died. Now half of us Skype with each other everyday (other half are doing stuff and posting on the boards). I find it great for getting to know others than using this site all the time.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I'm like, always on Skype, or was until a few days ago, Skype won't start for me for some reason, I'm confused as to why, gonna redownload it probably.

Kung Fu Panda 2 was ****, I fell back in love with Tigress, especially after seeing her sensitive side.

Po 2 powerful, like he's stupidly OP.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Frame advance doesn't let you jump out of bowsercide, so... can't help you. It doesn't really make any sense how smaller characters are a lot easier to do it to than large ones because you'd think larger ones would die earlier and free up Bowser, but it's not the case.

I had no clue it was harder if you got closer to the side blast zones, I should check that out.

B!squick

Smash Master
Touching on something brought up a couple pages back, I personally never found AD momentum canceling better than FAir. It might just be because I mash the C-Stick when I do it and I get a little more out of it with SDI. I don't know. I only have a vague idea of how it works along with my own personal experiences. To me FAir works better so I Fair.

I don't use Skype. I do have IMs but barely anyone talks to me on them so I rarely use them.

AND WHAT HAPPENED WITH ACTIVISION VS PEOPLE THEY OWED MONEY AND EA?! D:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Airdodge ends sooner than Fair and thus lets you jump sooner.
But you can't FF during an airdodge so you can't diminish your vertical momentum, so you should only use it when you DI horizontally (= never).

Player-1

Smash Legend
why would you never DI horizontally? You're suppose to DI horizontally during any upward attack (Snakes Utilt, Fox's Usmash, etc.). It's not that you should use it when you DI horizontally, you should use it when you get sent flying horizontally. Just because you try to DI vertically doesn't mean you will.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Yep, it's not realistic to expect yourself to DI to the corner 100% of the time.

Jaydeth one thing that might not be immediately apparent is that you can airdodge significantly sooner than you can use an aerial. So if you don't have fast enough reflexes, using an aerial might actually be better.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Yeah I meant "DI horizontally" like in "when you don't need to fastfall". Of course you should DI horizontally vertical hits, I just chose my words poorly lol.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have some vids I might put up for critique, but after watching Acid's Bowser and trying some of the stuff that I saw him use a lot I think those videos might already be outdated (they were like a week ago) >.>

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
after talking with acid, it kinda makes me realize that he [acid] does pretty basic stuff when you think about it.

he just has good stage knowledge and good knowledge about bowser.

like, it may seem different/advanced to you p1, but all he does is shad approach and upb/klaw when needed.

there are multiple opportunities where it'd be a lot better if he klawed instead of airdodging into his opponent, but i love his utilt use. that's about it

Acid wrote at 5:48 AM on May 28, 2011:
Thanks a lot for your comment !
Well, I stopped using bowser as a main like 8 months ago. That's the reason why he only does basic stuff :p
So now my mains are fox and sheik, but I have far less experience with them than with my bowser.
In the long run I think I won't regret quitting him though

Player-1

Smash Legend
well id didn't say it was advanced, but yeah I noticed his insane amount of air dodge use and pretty much started doing that a lot too and it has worked out so far

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Acid made me realize how good aerial klaw is as a zoning tool.
Being able to SJR on an air grab opens so many options.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
it makes me wonder what he was doing before...lol

if you watch any videos of any bowser in the video thread you'd be able to see that we all do it.

but hey, you finally realized, so awesome!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Oh hey guys, I live in France. I've known Acid for months.
But I'm totally ok with the fact you all think I'm ******** lol.

_Dice

Smash Ace
So pretty fully considering a main change to bowser, convince me/ dissuade me.

:)

Top Bottom