• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Flayl

Smash Hero
Player limitation mostly, depends on what videos you're talking about though.

Failure to grab Marth can be punished pretty heavily. Dunno why someone wouldn't try to chaingrab MK though, that's easy. You have to be frame perfect with the air-release chain grab on Wario if he still has his double jump, and if you miss there is the chance he can chaingrab you with his dthrow, but it's not guaranteed or anything.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
What Flayl said, Dice. It's totally player limitation. Bowser's CG is a lot harder than it looks, haha.

:phone:

_Dice

Smash Ace
What Flayl said, Dice. It's totally player limitation. Bowser's CG is a lot harder than it looks, haha.

Oh i pretty much had it down vs wario (air release i just did MReh's footstool down b) and mk, and marth would rarely drop it, but i focused on it for hours xD.

so pretty much i should keep practicing doing the CG on a bunch of characters then? i thought i was doing something wrong for doing it when i was watching you guys play. but i guess not :) my region of FL i really only have to worry about snake MK diddy wario marth.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
The hardest part of the CG is it's dependent on the speed your opponent mashes, so it's largely player dependent. Most Bowsers just prefer an attack out of GR since the timing is consistent.

_Dice

Smash Ace
The hardest part of the CG is it's dependent on the speed your opponent mashes, so it's largely player dependent. Most Bowsers just prefer an attack out of GR since the timing is consistent.

i just followed the guide and as soon as i noticed the GR animation buffered the dashgrab but i DO see your point.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Dude if you can do the CG definitely stick to it. Really the only reason I can't do it is because I'm too slow to discern air-releases from ground-releases consistently. It's no coincidence that I'm bad at the game overall too. If you see Vex's and Kingkong's games they definitely CG whenever they can.

The chaingrab in itself is definitely not hard, it really boils down to the player's reaction time.

Player-1

Smash Legend
But you can force a GR all the time right? If you're having trouble with it you can just listen to a metronome while playing or something or a song with a tempo that is really close to the timing for the pummel

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
MrEh's also a good Bowser to watch for CGs. Just bear in mind he sandbags HARD nowadays. :p

_Dice

Smash Ace
thanks guys, bowser mains are awesome. :) I'll get you guys some videos of my play for critique when i can. i wish i was going to CEO :( have to help my parents move to rhode island.

Flayl

Smash Hero
But you can force a GR all the time right? If you're having trouble with it you can just listen to a metronome while playing or something or a song with a tempo that is really close to the timing for the pummel
You might want to take a closer look at the "important info" in the grab release thread, not to mention who wrote it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
You might want to take a closer look at the "important info" in the grab release thread, not to mention who wrote it.
yeah, that's why I was asking...it says you can force the ground release by inputting a pummel every 28 frames, if you're too slow to discern air releases from ground releases then you just force the ground release so you don't have to discern anymore.

_Dice

Smash Ace
in order to force a ground release you need to pummel that much, if you DO there is a slight chance that they mash out during the 8 frames and air release instead. however if you don't pummel, there is no chance that they ground release, so you ARE forcing the ground release it's just not everytime.

Player-1

Smash Legend
forcing them means there's nothing they can do to escape the ground release, but if's possible for them not to get ground released then it's not forcing them to do it. It's just increasing the chances which =/= forcing. And if you don't pummel then they can still get ground released btw.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Bowser's pummel isn't fast enough to force ground releases, so if your opponent understands the timing and when to break from the grab, it's not guaranteed. He's 8 frames to slow according to Flayl.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So punish the air release on reaction.

It's what I do.

Also the CG is pretty easy with practice.

Definitely going Bowser against Metaknight.

Can't be harder than with Dedede.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
word I was watching the stream. When they mentioned Smash the whole room cried out in joy.

the chat I was in on AiB also was filled with a bunch of ****
........and then SWF exploded.

:D

Flayl

Smash Hero
I already play with CC pro ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

(used to play with gc but got tired of the terrible shoulder buttons and d-pad)

B!squick

Smash Master
Was taunting really so important, Flayl?

:( that Sakurai is still running the show.

:) that at least we can FINALLY play it on a portable system. I've been telling everyone I know that Smash on the DS/3DS would be amazing and everyone agreed. At least there's that.

As far as those controllers go... maybe there will be some sort of normal controller attachment for those of us who don't want to use Nintendo's version of the Leapster Leaning System.

^ Nintendo: That's our new controller, gentlemen. Now paint it white and call up the smilling families for the ads.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser can force ground releases all he wants. It's called "not pummeling until you know your opponent will break out".

Yo,

Why did you join the BBR?
Because even though my hands aren't as fast as they used to be, my mind is still there.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'll have some vids up from some wifi matches tomorrow probably for some critique, I have some friends coming over Saturday so I'll probably get some offline matches from then so I'd like some critique ;D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I got like 7 vids recorded, I think. I did pretty good the first few rounds of pools, but I got burnt out in the final rounds and pretty much got wrecked every time. I just got fatigued from playing a bunch of campy MUs in a row. XD

_Dice

Smash Ace
:( i hope you upload all the matches win and loss so i can learn from you zig :D btw i just saw Princess + frog and i agree with your love of louis. one of the best disney characters in a long time.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Don't worry, I got plenty of losses, haha. First round I beat Camaman's MK on SV, then lost to his Wolf on SV, then won against his Falco on CS.

Next round I lost to Darklink's MK on Yoshi's. Super close game that got a lot of hype. Game 2 I lost on CS. I didn't play nearly as patient. I honestly just didn't feel as comfortable as I usually do on CS. I might search for another CP.

I know I got some more saved, but I only remember those 2 rounds.

More will be on the way for sure. I'll be playing with mikeHAZE, Tyrant, and Rich Brown once a week or so. SoCal in general's really been great. They've welcomed me with open arms, and I've gotten a handful of solid tips to improve my game.

And hell yeah, Dice! Louis is my man!!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
ok so i figured out how to do the ledgehop fair laglessly

but i can't explain it besides saying you have to do a backwards ledgehop off of the ledge and then fair and try to move towards the stage...if that makes any sense.

it's pretty annoying but im getting it a lot more often than before.

it's also useless but w/e lol

Top Bottom