• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wreck-It Bowser

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So, imma try and hang around in these boards and read up a bit now as I'm probably gonna start co-repping Bowser in LT's.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Nah, Ill definitly hang around. I'm not completely positive if my bowser will get much play time ATM though as I already second Mario and third Jiggs, and he's still not on their level. I really like Bowser in brawl though so imma try to get him to a level where I'm confident enough to bust him out in legit LT matches.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I do agree with Flayl in that there have been loads of people who have said essentially what you're saying now and then don't really show for it, so I can understand why he has a lack of faith.

But like we tell everyone else, great news to hear, and we hope you stick with it. We'll do our best to help you out and answer any questions you have...

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
o sup man.

also i think im the only person that thinks booser/boozer/whatever is a heinous name for bowser...it's really childish and stupid to me.

then again it's a name, and what's in a name...

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Lylat and BF are the 2 big ones to get rid of, giving MK those platforms can really screw you over, you wanna try to get FD, but SV and YI arnt that bad.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Like Vex said, FD really is your best starter against MK, P1.

-No platforms for him to do his ****
-Nice flat surface for grab-releases, especially chaingrabs

Scatz

Smash Champion
I love new Bowsers!

Get vids recorded, and I'll either wait until my arms heal to critique them or just handwrite them and get someone to type them.

:phone:
You can always use something like dragon naturally speaking to have the computer type out the words you say into a microphone.

Also, sorry I haven't been active. Life hit me pretty hard for the past few months and I've not touched brawl to improve my game since. I've seen flayl's grab release file and he did a real good job in that. I just need to actually practice it now >.<

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
That sounds pretty legit--where can I get that?

Dig the name change, BTW. :)

Flayl

Smash Hero
o sup man.

also i think im the only person that thinks booser/boozer/whatever is a heinous name for bowser...it's really childish and stupid to me.
Agreed. Like I could see it being a neat pun if you made an alcoholic Bowser but it sounds stupid.

Scatz

Smash Champion
That sounds pretty legit--where can I get that?

Dig the name change, BTW. :)

Unfortunately, it's not free (the lowest cost 100 bucks), but if you have windows, or willing to get a free voice software, then those should work fine until you're healed up.

Also, thanks. Had to get my name changed since people were getting far too confused with Scatz and Bigman, especially since I used Scatz as my smash tag \.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
you can do w/e you want lol

i just wanted to know if i was the only one who hated that name

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
In Melee I called him Bowsah, but I just stick to Bowser now.

Sometimes Louis. :p

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If I ever get anything recorded I will definitly post it, but I rarely have a way to get my matches recorded, I have maybe 3 matches ever recorded of even yoshi, and I use straight yoshi in tournament/seriouslies.

Maybe now that I'm gonna be going to nationals/regionals I can get stuff recorded. I'm also getting a Dazzle in June, so that should help.

B!squick

Smash Master
Agreed. Like I could see it being a neat pun if you made an alcoholic Bowser but it sounds stupid.
*hic* You rang? Also, all that piss was on the seat when I got to the bathroom. I don't know who.... That wasn't the bathroom?.... Oooohhhhh.... Is there any more beer? :bee:

In other news: L.A. Noire, Rockstar's idea to merge GTA with point and click adventures. Does it work? Yes. Does it play alot like Heavy Rain? Sadly yes. As a detective, you need to hunt for clues and question POIs or people of interest.

The method for questioning people works great as you decide whether the person is telling the truth, holding back info, or out right lying, the last of which you need to be able to back up with evidence. To help you decide you need to constantly keep in mind the evidence (which is alway close at hand in your notebook) and watching the person for subtle tells as to whether they are telling the truth or not. The problem here is that they make it REALLY obvious most of the time when they're fibbing which is somewhat of a let down considering they went through all the trouble of using a revolutionary new system of capturing human and object likenesses. Not a deal breaker though as the game is extremely immersive because of what is essentially FMV to the power of ten.

The part that feels silly and alot like Heavy Rain is when you hunt for clues. The music does a fantastic job of letting you know when you're near evidence and when you've found every clue. However, this is topped by the rumble which kicks in whenever you're on top of something you can interact with and when searching inside buildings it just boils down to bumping into everything in every room and touching it until you've fondled everything of interest. A better way to have done this would have been making the game first person and taking out rumble tell.

You never have to worry about getting stuck though. Correctly guessing between Truth, Doubt, and Lie (when proven) gives you experience which lets you rank up, netting you new out fits and intuition points to use remove a wrong option when questioning people (useless) or revealing the location of every clue on your mini map.

And that's really all there is to the game. You get some hand to hand combat, shooting, on foot chases, car chases, and tailing sequences thrown in too which mix up the game play wonderfully and keeps it from getting boring and you even have the option to respond to crimes in progress that come in on the radio. But the meat and potatoes is simply look for clues, interview people. And while this doesn't seem like much, it doesn't have to be. You're a detective. A crime solver. You have to think about every decision you make and depending on how well or poorly you gather evidence and question suspects, it will have effects on how each case turns out. Between that and the extremely authentic and realistic recreation of 1940s Los Angeles drawing you in, it's game that you're not likely to stop playing even after you beat it because at any time you have the option to go back and redo any case to try and get a better score.

GTA, this is not. And I'm glad for it. This was an extremely labor and money intensive project however, so I can only hope it sells well enough that we can expect future titles that look and feel this good.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm probably not going to Genesis anymore.

Both of my short films, Sick Daze and Sandwhich'd, have been announced as Finalists in the Las Vegas Film Festival. I'm still waiting on the Short Screenplay judging to see if Grizzly is a finalist as well.

It's the same weekend. These festivals and nationals just don't line up, haha.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Hehe, get a Utah carpool to go to a SoCal tournament over the summer! Or come to Texas. :)

B!squick

Smash Master
But who wants to go to Texas? Aside from tasting the most amazing hamburgers known to man in the form of Whataburger?

*moments later at the Orbitz website*

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'm going to Genesis and am planning on going to the Texas Championships. As soon as the Texas Championships get a date, I'm crossing out that entire weekend for that tournament. So I'm going to both of those places.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I will definitely be there, seeing as I'm hosting the Championships in Austin.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ah perfect, I'll see you then! Any idea on when there will be a date set for that?

B!squick

Smash Master
Is there some sort of My Little Pony tv show I don't know about? 'Cause it seems like they became popular over night at some point.

Also, the '80s and '90s had WAY better cartoons, kids. Adventure Time and Regular Show make this decade serviceable thus far but nothing will ever compare to the days of yore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxeO1ywIUoU

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ah perfect, I'll see you then! Any idea on when there will be a date set for that?
I won't be able to lock in a date until I get my schedule for next semester, but it will be sometime in November.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
@Jay: Yeah, there's a new generation of My Little Pony, generation 4, and it's actually pretty amazing. It's made by Lauren Faust (a big name in animation) and is a lot like some of the older shows. A lot of people still think it's a little girl show, but it was made so that when parents sit down to watch it with their kids, they can enjoy it too, so really that's not it's target audience anymore. I'd suggest you give it a try if you have time, id highly recomend it.

@Zig: K, that's when I assumed it would be, sounds good so far. ;)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Guys how feasible does it sound to not get grabbed by Pit until 30%? 'Cause that's when the Fthrow chaingrab stops working when it's fresh. It's a big deal since he can get a grab-release mirror shield gimp on us before that.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sounds feasible to me, just camp a platform, I don't think playing FD in this MU is a very good idea anyway and every other stage has a platform you can stay on until 30%.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I try and do that same thing against Falco, but wait until 50-60%, and then do the same thing again once you hit damages you can die at.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Guys how feasible does it sound to not get grabbed by Pit until 30%? 'Cause that's when the Fthrow chaingrab stops working when it's fresh. It's a big deal since he can get a grab-release mirror shield gimp on us before that.
Yeah, it's not that hard. Just run. XD

Didn't know about the GR mirror shield--that's terrible!!

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
the problem with Falco is that he can actually get in your face and wait for you to make a mistake/roll behind you or whatever and then waiting becomes a null option.

at least with Pit, he can't close a large distance with one move (phantasm), 30% damage is a shorter period and the mirror gimp sounds pretty ****ing deadly anyway.

50% damage takes a while to get to from only lasers, and I'm sure most Falcos are familiar with that strategy.

Top Bottom