• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you pay to make Wifi Better?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I paid Nintendo for my Wii... Why should I pay for better Wi-Fi? It's their job!
LAMO, that's like saying I paid for my computer and why do I have to pay internet, (then again, I hear Japan don't have to pay for they're internet, I could be wrong). Also, Xbox Live you have to pay for their internet and look at them, the best online experience on a game system ever because people pay for it to make it like that. Also, most game's online you pay for has DLC, and that's good. =D

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
I would pay $10 total. Not for a month or a year, but total. I'm a cheep person, but I do wish the online play worked.

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't pay at all - We shouldn't HAVE to pay when we were promised it would run decently enough. MK Wii runs fine, so should Brawl.

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
Only for random online matches. If I wanna play against my friends, I'd want it to be free.
The way I see it, if you pay a little a month, it keeps idiots away from Wifi. Also, I'd want to be able to speak through headsets when I play.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wouldn't pay at all - We shouldn't HAVE to pay when we were promised it would run decently enough. MK Wii runs fine, so should Brawl.
True, Mario Kart Wii have lagless online play, but it's still flawed. You can't control the speed, you can't change your characters or carts after your race unless you quit all the way, and you can't control Battle Mode to have Balloon Battle or Coin Battle. Over all, I'll say even Brawl has a better online capability than Mario Kart Wii, only thing that Kart Wii has over Brawl is nearly lagless online play and can play random missions. Seeing how some Wii game's you can pay to have Downloadable Content, it shouldn't hurt to add more titles with DLC. But I'll agree that paying too much for little things to be added isn't worth paying.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
I would definetly put money into it,think about it just give wifi like 10$ to help it get better but if it does ill get some great practice online that will win tournaments offline,think about it,10 could turn to much more

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Or you could not have to travel to offline tournaments if the wi-fi was nearly lag-less. That means no button delay, no lag spikes...basically it :p
If that happened then it'd be awesome for us who can't readily travel to tournaments. I just wish they had ranking boards without laggy wi-fi.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Oh I would so definitely pay even though I have no source of income :)
I depend on wi-fi for human opponents, how I wish to play lag-free.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol, Hence me saying would you pay for better Wi-Fi? it's a theory question. In theory would you pay for better wi-Fi? :)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Probably not, no reason I should have to pay for something that a company like Sony gives for free (that is it's much better service than Nintendo).

Lovely

Smash Lord
Probably not, no reason I should have to pay for something that a company like Sony gives for free (that is it's much better service than Nintendo).
♣ Some people are calling PSN crappy because it's not as good as XBL, it could be because those people are too use to XBL and all. ♥

FTWin

Smash Cadet
I personally wouldn't, cause I've got a great local crew to smash with, but if my brawling was centered around online, yeah.
just because everytime i ve played online the game has been like "smash the analog left....2...3... character dashes" lol

Exce L

Smash Apprentice
I actually don't complain at all about the connection.
I would pay for more features.. yes.. but no to connection .. everyone that I play that is good / I want to play has a great connection and there is barely ever any lag.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
♣ Some people are calling PSN crappy because it's not as good as XBL, it could be because those people are too use to XBL and all. ♥
Really? I wouldn't know, I've xbox live. But from what I could tell it's definitely better than Nintendo's servers.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Really? I wouldn't know, I've xbox live. But from what I could tell it's definitely better than Nintendo's servers.
10 agree's
Lurve how people abuse this thread for post count. Makes my day :)
Good replies though.

Tell me however, What do you actually think Nintendo would give you if you payed 50 Dollars to them for better Wi-Fi?

If this Q fails I'll create another thread and link this in it.

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
I'd pay for it, at least as much as xbox live if I could play wi-fi without throwing off my game for tournaments. I've only been to one so far and some of my friends can't stand this game (yeah I know, wtf ><) so my only competitive level practice is against THEIR mains and that's like, less than ten characters.

Names would be a necessity but people posing as big-name players would be an issue.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'd pay for it, at least as much as xbox live if I could play wi-fi without throwing off my game for tournaments. I've only been to one so far and some of my friends can't stand this game (yeah I know, wtf ><) so my only competitive level practice is against THEIR mains and that's like, less than ten characters.

Names would be a necessity but people posing as big-name players would be an issue.
Names how? like in Basic brawls?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I was thinking about it with my friend while playing halo3 online. If Nintendo had us make a 1-time payment to make Wi-Fi better, Would you?

I'm going to say if it was like 40-50 bucks for a relatively lagless and a total input lagless wifi, I would do it yes.
hells yes I would

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I wouldn't pay just to fix the lag, they would have to improve the friend system and make the With Anyone mode more like the current With Friends mode (more options and ability to join/create rooms). Also, like sMexy-Blu said, voice chat online would be a very welcome addition. I think they should have downloadable game add-ons and expansions as well, like more characters/stages for Brawl.

If they fixed all of that I would gladly pay well over fifty bucks.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Ill definetly pay $50 bucks ayear for a lagless SSBB match, miss them so much...

c3gill

Smash Ace
honestly, NO. basic brawl is worthles. As for 1on1 matches, unless your internet is **** or your battling someone in another country, you shouldnt be lagging that much.

If they were making drastic changes, like previously mentioned, I would consider it. otherwise, the system is fine as is for friend battles.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
We can't have it all. Brawl could have been released with no wifi at all. The game was delayed too much. It had to be let out.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
While it would be nice to have it more lagless, I would only par for it with other extras. Such as one on one mode, a chance to do stock and coin mode (with some resrictions of course), character balancement, new characters/stages, a stage builder like the stage studio with rotation and mirroring etc. If I would pay to patch up Brawl altogether, I would, to pay just to cut online lag, most likely not.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
We can't have it all. Brawl could have been released with no wifi at all. The game was delayed too much. It had to be let out.
Haha, finally someone who knows why brawl wasn't what we all wanted. It had to be let out, it was already way late.

Prawn

Smash Master
There would be no way they would do a one-time payment. It would probably be along the lines of XBOX live, a monthly payment and such. That being said, I would pay it, as long as a better friends system, voice chat for all games, and way better DLC in addition to lag-free internet play is put in place.

I would be willing to pay like, 10-15 bucks a month for that. If it worked that is.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Speaking of paying for better Wifi, Wifi troubles are happening again if you want to play with friends. How many of you have or had this same problem today?

Top Bottom