• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
My dearest apologies, this is last time I shall post in this dying and shriveling thread, as I am not worthy to post in the same thread, no, the same website, as Sir Straked, Sir Frown, and Sir S.O.L.I.D of the SWF. I am truly unworthy to stand in your presence. Good day.

Oh, and seriously, what does everyone spell my username wrong =)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Falcon kick is the only move where the user gets punished for contacting with it...

Except for maybe Falco's up smash at low percents but that move eventually kills....kinda...

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm from the Melee side, so I can't vouch much, but I have to say this: there is no real "bad" moves. every move has some sort of purpose for the character in some sort of way, so i don't believe that any move can be truly bad. have a lot of disadvantages? yes, but every move has a positive aspect installed into it.

I'd have to say Sing, if you accidentally use it, you're dead.
sing (sometimes) works as an edgeguard, and usually sets them up for a F-smash.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Sorry to have revived this thread.

Mario's DTilt may be a bad move, but it isn't the worst. It's probably on par with Ganon's DSmash as the worst. Let's compare the two.

Ganon's DSmash hits at frame 16, has 20 frames of lag after the first kick, and 27 frames of lag after the second. So, overall, it has about 47 frames of lag. It does 5% damage with the first kick, and 14% damage with the second kick.

Mario's DTilt starts at frame 7, I'm not sure when it finishes (but I'm positive it ends waay before 47 frames of lag). It does 5% damage unsweetspotted, and another 2% onto that if sweetspotted.

Ganon's DSmash has alot more range, and power, but it DOES NOT kill. Unless you want to consider 185% a kill percentage.

Right now, Ganon's DSmash does infact look better, it does more damage overall, and has more range. Though, that could all change, just cause of one major flaw in the move. The second hit is airdodgable. Ganon's DSmash turns into a crappy move like Mario's DTilt, but worse, just because the second hit is airdodgable.

Both moves do 5%, however Ganon's move comes out 9 frames slower, both moves put the character using it in a bad place (considering a airdodge is done after the first kick of Ganon's DSmash).

The only difference now is that Ganon's Dsmash is slower, and has more lag to punish. Mario's DTilt has less range.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Nah. His second kick can still hit the opponent. Dsmashes are always good for punishing rolls.
Oh, really? I wonder why King Dedede isn't the best character in the game. His FSmash is so uber, it could punish rolls.

To reply to your quote seriously, no.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Please note that I'm not saying his dsmash is a good move, I just think it has some situational uses.
And so does Mario's DTilt. You could use it on the edge of a stage to restrain hugging the ledge, and follow up with a FSmash. That's just one example.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
When I think of movesets, I center my thoughts on Special Moves, or Spells, so those are what I'll choose from. If there's one spell I can't cast very well, it's Zero Suit Samus' Flip Jump.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
If I "hate" him so much, I wouldn't be using him competitively. I'm just stating true facts.
You seem so motivated to convince everyone that he is the worst character in the game in nearly every respect. It's one thing to state facts, but you seem like you're going out of your way to make Ganon look ****tier than he already is.

Either way, my vote is still Mario's dtilt. The hitstun is too low for it to be a safe move even when it connects. You can almost always punish it whenever a Mario lands it on you. What's worse, Dsmash is superior in every way. There is no reason you'll ever need to use Dtilt over any other attack in Mario's arsenal.

Coney

Smash Master
You seem so motivated to convince everyone that he is the worst character in the game in nearly every respect. It's one thing to state facts, but you seem like you're going out of your way to make Ganon look ****tier than he already is.

Either way, my vote is still Mario's dtilt. The hitstun is too low for it to be a safe move even when it connects. You can almost always punish it whenever a Mario lands it on you. What's worse, Dsmash is superior in every way. There is no reason you'll ever need to use Dtilt over any other attack in Mario's arsenal.
posting because i just realized that "****tier" and "**** tier" have only a space separating the two

sorry, i thought that was amusing

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
^You are joking. Aren't you?
nope...

In all seriousness Sheik and Snake have the best f-tilts in the game.
10char?
When I think of movesets, I center my thoughts on Special Moves, or Spells, so those are what I'll choose from. If there's one spell I can't cast very well, it's Zero Suit Samus' Flip Jump.
did you just call B moves spells!?!? lol, that's ah first. I take it you play WoW or Elder Scrolls.
(I personally prefer Elder Scrolls... probably the best game ever made.)

He is not convincing people of what they already know. He is just stating why Ganon has a bad match up on every character in the game except for CF and another Ganon.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
just have a general interest in the fantasy setting, not one game in particular. I'd also choose The Elder Scrolls over World of Warcraft, because I like console games better than MMO's.

Remember this quote?
Blizzard Manager 1: Do you have a World of Warcraft account?
Blizzard Manager 2: No. I have a life.

In terms of Ganondorf, I can use all his standard moves except for his up-A attack. The delay takes too long and I don't know how to cancel it.

Other Specials or Spells I can't cast very well:
FLUDD Nozzle (I can't deal any damage. I'm better off with the Smash attacks)
Sing (Sleep effect doesn't last long enough)
Oil Panic (I can never save up enough energy Spells from enemies)

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
I'm no expert, but I have occasionally gotten Ganon's Utilt to connect with people coming up from the edge.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Luigi's angled down foward tilt. It can't even kill you at 999% due to having no knockback + it's slow.

BSP

Smash Legend
just have a general interest in the fantasy setting, not one game in particular. I'd also choose The Elder Scrolls over World of Warcraft, because I like console games better than MMO's.

Remember this quote?
Blizzard Manager 1: Do you have a World of Warcraft account?
Blizzard Manager 2: No. I have a life.

In terms of Ganondorf, I can use all his standard moves except for his up-A attack. The delay takes too long and I don't know how to cancel it.

Other Specials or Spells I can't cast very well:
FLUDD Nozzle (I can't deal any damage. I'm better off with the Smash attacks)
Sing (Sleep effect doesn't last long enough)
Oil Panic (I can never save up enough energy Spells from enemies)
If you think F.L.U.D.D. is not that great you haven't tried hard enough. Oil Panic bad? Bucket Braking could be considered usefull, and it helps stop some projectile spam.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Shame you didn't link Veril's thread on how sing can give us infinite jumps, extend our ledge grab range, etc...

Side note, my post was epic.
True, forgot about that. But it's not a game breaking trick because it's not going to come in handy often. I'm not saying it wasn't an amazing discovery, (because it was) but it's not something I plan on doing every other 5 matches.

It looks like you're defending rest. Following in Rhed's footsteps?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Oil Panic is amazing in doubles when the partner is for example Zero Suit Samus. 3 ZSS dsmashes and the Bucket is a OHKO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom