• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the entire game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil cj

Smash Lord
...And?

I'm a Marth main. If I say "Marth is bad," does that show that Marth should be the 2nd worst character? Didn't think so.

Lurk moar, really.
lol.. your right
i get what your saying
but Jiggs actually is bad though its a fact
Marth isnt bad at all
he ***** alot of characters
no one should ever say he sucks
I understand if people say characters like Lucas,Sonic, Zelda, or Bowser suck
Cause theres a reason for why they "suck" and their not S or A tier

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Some girl named Amy who's supposedly going to Pound 4.

Now meme'd.

She's hot, too.

Tis offical, memes ****ing sucks these days lol. And I thought it was bad enough here with the whole Steak tier crap...

Could Lucas's Zair technically be the worse move in the the game? With it's whole does nothing thing and all...

UberMario

Smash Master
There is no "worst" move!!!
What does that even mean anyways???

And people need to stop hatin on Ganon
Even though he is considered the worst character
I think its cause people dont know how to use him
to his full potential...he is definitely not the worst character
though, he has so much kill power

Imo Captain Falcon should still be the worst
or Jiggz
What this discussion is about is basically what move can you almost never rely on.

Also a couple of things:

A. Saying he has one of the worst moves (UpTilt) is different from saying he is the worst player.
B. All characters play nearly equally, the tier list is based on tourney results, and thus the more popular characters (which will have more skillful players) will be listed as the better ones. (Have you noticed how the list almost overturns each time it comes out?)
C. I don't believe in tiers, and I'm not trolling about them. (Not that you are either)
D. Captain Falcon is Underrated, as is Jigglypuff's Rollout.

TP

Smash Master
B. All characters play nearly equally, the tier list is based on tourney results, and thus the more popular characters (which will have more skillful players) will seem to be the better ones. (Have you noticed how the list almost overturns each time it comes out?)
Wrong, sir. Only 3 characters moved more than 4 spots when the newest tier list came out, and the popular characters are popular for a reason. A bunch of people may flock to Metaknight, but those kinds of people don't end up doing well in tournaments, and thus don't actually affect the rankings or tier list.

I would worry about derailing this thread, but this thread has been a joke for the last 100 posts or so.

:034:

UberMario

Smash Master
TP, I did say almost, not completely.
The tier vs. no tier debate will go on forever, let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

5 Worst Moves

1. Ganon's UpTilt (Too much lag, vacuum effects)
2. Mario's DownTilt (Leaves you open)
3. Jiggly's Sing (The characters usually wake up before you finish)
4. Samus' Grab (Start lag is too recogniziable)
5. Marth's Counter (Most of the time it's a free grab)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
TP, I did say almost, not completely.
The tier vs. no tier debate will go on forever, let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

5 Worst Moves

1. Ganon's UpTilt (Too much lag, vacuum effects)
2. Mario's DownTilt (Leaves you open)
3. Jiggly's Sing (The characters usually wake up before you finish)
4. Samus' Grab (Start lag is too recogniziable)
5. Marth's Counter (Most of the time it's a free grab)
Ganon's Up Tilt is not the worst. Mario's Down Tilt is.
Jiggly's sing isn't 3rd, maybe 5th.
Samus's Grab is nowhere near bottom 5, and Marth's counter on this list is just laughable.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why is that? I almost never get hit by it. (If I do it's in a FFA)
Donkey Kong's Fair could be considered worse than Marth's Counter because less people get hit by it.

Doesn't mean either are truly worthy of bottom. Counter can be used for edgeguarding, punishing laggy moves, returning from the ledge, preventing edgeguards, mid-air stall for a short time.

It's actually decent, if not a good move.

L-R-A-Start

Smash Apprentice
Why is that? I almost never get hit by it. (If I do it's in a FFA)
Probably because the people you've played against don't know how to use it right. By that I mean they suck at timing it or they overuse it and just hope their opponent will be stupid enough to keep attacking, instead of just grabbing them.

Oh, and I don't really think there's a worst move since all attacks can be applied effictively in some situation, buuuuut I'd guess, if I had to choose, I'd say probably Diddy's Peanut Popgun. It's weak and has pretty much no knock-back. The only time I ever find myseff using it is to mindgame, or when I accidentally press B by itself without it being a side B, up B, or down B. lol

:)

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Diddy's Peanut Popgun can cancel into shield which cancels into glide toss.

It does like 4-5% I believe if you don't charge it, and it can interrupt attacks and motions of attacks. It has range, and can occasionally hit people far away or people trying to ledge-camp. Charged, it does 17% I believe. It interrupts moves and helps against things like MK's D-air camping. It's hardly the useless.

I agree with what you said when you talked about all moves being able to be applied effectively in some situation. All moves can do that except for one. This one move is horrible in every aspect. It's slow, weak, has very hitstun, has long start-up and cool-down time, is easily punishable, and is easily punishable even if it hits your opponent. Guess what it is; Mario's D-tilt!

BSP

Smash Legend
Diddy's Peanut Popgun can cancel into shield which cancels into glide toss.

It does like 4-5% I believe if you don't charge it, and it can interrupt attacks and motions of attacks. It has range, and can occasionally hit people far away or people trying to ledge-camp. Charged, it does 17% I believe. It interrupts moves and helps against things like MK's D-air camping. It's hardly the useless.

I agree with what you said when you talked about all moves being able to be applied effectively in some situation. All moves can do that except for one. This one move is horrible in every aspect. It's slow, weak, has very hitstun, has long start-up and cool-down time, is easily punishable, and is easily punishable even if it hits your opponent. Guess what it is; Mario's D-tilt!
I've given my opinion, but this is a much better explanation.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't make it suck less. Especially considering how you are left open for 80 frames if you accidentally u-tilt. It's human error, but few moves are as punishable.
Pro's don't accidentally up tilt with ganon if anything your programmed to not up tilt because you know the consequences if you do, to avoid this mistake before any important matched don't play with characters with a good up tilt.

I had this in Melee get jabbed automatically hold down and mash a, was not good until i forced myself out of the habit. Now with falco this isn't so bad, but if you play as link your bound to take damage even from computers.

Same with ganon the similarities with falcon mess you up largely

noradseven

Smash Lord
Mario's u-taunt, it takes up too many frames and increases your hit box size, and its never going to connect with your oppenent overall its p. useless except for maybe mocking the oppenent.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Mario's u-taunt, it takes up too many frames and increases your hit box size, and its never going to connect with your oppenent overall its p. useless except for maybe mocking the oppenent.
One of the better troll posts in this thread because it's about Mario.

You can cancel his Utaunt by falling off a platform.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
IMO the worst move is Snakes grenades, all you do is blow yourselves up. I hold B, but I just can't make sense of this, Straked, help meeee ; O;

Either that, or Olimar in general. Why did sakurai design a character that is useless except for jab tilts and nair? Cuuuurse you Sakurai!!!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
IMO the worst move is Snakes grenades, all you do is blow yourselves up. I hold B, but I just can't make sense of this, Straked, help meeee ; O;

Either that, or Olimar in general. Why did sakurai design a character that is useless except for jab tilts and nair? Cuuuurse you Sakurai!!!
Sorry, bro. :urg:

But that was pretty bad.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
bad like how you play? ho snap! what tomfoolery! ==|:{U yes, generic smiley with a top hat and mustache!

okay yeah, I've started to troll because there is no longer any point to this thread, marios d-tilt is universally agreed upon.

TP

Smash Master
Straked and I have just been having fun with this thread for the last couple of days. I wonder if the thread creator has bothered to read all this.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Straked and I have just been having fun with this thread for the last couple of days. I wonder if the thread creator has bothered to read all this.

Yeah. I'm also curious about the "moves that dodge" thread. Even that topic was more useful than this, or any other "best/worst" thread out there.

The responses here are still pretty laughable.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I'm also curious about the "moves that dodge" thread. Even that topic was more useful than this, or any other "best/worst" thread out there.

The responses here are still pretty laughable.
I can certainly see moves to dodge being useful. I myself often move to dodge, and I can see why someone would want to tell everyone about it. I really want to go make a best/worst character thread, just for the lulz.

TP

Smash Master
I know, right?

Quick, TP and straked, think of an actually useful topic we could make!
"Who can get hit by Ganon's Utilt while standing beneath the platform Ganon is on on Battlefield?"

The move really does have awesome range. About half the cast will be hit even if he is on a platform above them.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We should probably make a thread about the best character in the game.

I'm sure we'll get some intelligent answers.

TP

Smash Master
How about "What does it take for a thread to merit being in Tactical instead of General?" Now THAT could be educational to some people.

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
"Who can get hit by Ganon's Utilt while standing beneath the platform Ganon is on on Battlefield?"

The move really does have awesome range. About half the cast will be hit even if he is on a platform above them.

A study into the effects of wind & water would be tight, some bizarre **** could probably be discovered.

That reminds me of earlier today, when I found out that if Ganon >B's Lucas beneath a platform on battlefield, lucas will end up on the platform above you. Its pretty hilarious also to use >B near an edge that isn't a ledge (if its a ledge they auto snap) and watch them fall.

U-tilt is 2gud.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A study into the effects of wind & water would be tight, some bizarre **** could probably be discovered.

That reminds me of earlier today, when I found out that if Ganon >B's Lucas beneath a platform on battlefield, lucas will end up on the platform above you. Its pretty hilarious also to use >B near an edge that isn't a ledge (if its a ledge they auto snap) and watch them fall.

U-tilt is 2gud.
>B, is that some sort of face?

What you described is also common knowledge, happens to plenty of characters.

Like all good threads, TP, that one would probably be closed.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
You can recover with it...
Lol. I was sorta talking attack wise, but yeah, taking it's main attribute, to help recover into consideration, it's not the overall worst :p

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I like how people post their opinions in a thread where it was proven wrong earlier in the same thread. It gives me a happy feeling. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom