• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World HOBO Results(FULL RESULTS/PICS/VIDS/STORIES ARE UP!! SOMEONE BAN METAKNIGHT!!)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Doubles:
1st: M2K/Inui
2nd: DSF/Tyrant (lost to M2k/Inui x2)
3rd: Infinity/UTD Zac (lost to M2k/Inui, DSF/Tyrant)
4th: Santi/Dojo (lost to ?, DSF/Tyrant 1-2)
5/6: Fliphop/Gnes (lost to ?, DSF/Tyrant 0-2)
5/6: ?
7/8: Lain/Co18 (lost to M2k/Inui, DSF/Tyrant 1-2)
7/8: ?

These seem about right?
Actually, Zori and I beat Lain and Co18 in Winner's Bracket.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Santi/Dojo lost to me/Inui round 3

round 1 we had a bye, round 2 we fought some random team, round 3 dojo/santi, round 4 dsf/tyrant (the hardest team there, and this was only QUARTER FINALS), round 5 some wario/sonic, round 6 infinity/someGW, then finals DSF/Tyrant again

then round 1 in singles today i had to fight fliphops diddy first.

Honestly, I have a feeling that this was done on purpose. MD/VA gives me hard *** stuff all the time, and while I realize not all of it is intentional, it just happens too much to simply be coincidence the 50th time or whatever. Justin wong was telling me that tourneys are rigged all the time, but it could just be bad luck this time who knows.

Anyway this tourney was fun, hopefully I'll win item singles tomorrow *crosses fingers*

I'm starting to regret training Dojo he's my biggest tourney threat I know of now o.O. His MK ditto skill is amazing. I do take a lot of pride though in being a large part of him being such a monsterous beast now though :D

all the best MKs in the world were here except like Spammer and TKD, which is a large reason why MK placed so high. Same for Hobo11. TX just draws in the MKs *shrug*

Tomorrow is gonna be my last day at the place, so anyone that wanted to play me should play me then. I'll get there around 12 or so I think

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
WOW seriously. Watching MK in like 70% of the matches was really effing boring. Double MK dittos in Doubles. Then MK dittos in Singles. Holy CRAP, the most entertaining matches were the ones that did not involve MK. M2K is arguably the best, but nonetheless aren't people sick of him winning? lol if only Mango were good in Brawl. Even Ken lost a few tourneys in Melee. ahhh MK is gay. Period.
m2ks the best lol it doesnt matter :)

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Good **** co18, Florida repped nicely.

Also good **** Dojo for making such fun to watch Matches vs M2k. xP

Rocann

Smash Lord
Sweet! MK top 5! Top 2 teams using double MK, 3rd team has an MK on it! It's cool though, he doesn't overcentralize the game or anything.

And yes yeksson, as noj said, it's not like m2k would place any differently with mk gone

ADHD

Smash Hero
Great job everyone, especially le thien and fliphop :)

Mew2king shut down the texas hype thank god, and dojo you are amazing.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I performed as best I could for this tourney. I got alot of work to do against MK, but I can beat d3 now.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How'd Lain do in singles?

And for people complaining about MK, the leader of the ban MK movement, Overswarm, lost to a SONIC yesterday 2-0 while using MK. This same Sonic then won 2-0 vs Dingdong/Hateoni's MK.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
L O ****ing L at those results.

Competitive Brawl is pointless as long as Metaknight is legal.

Edit: Went ahead and changed that whobo banner to achieve a more accurate representation.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
L O ****ing L at those results.

Competitive Brawl is pointless as long as Metaknight is legal.
Agreed.

But this is the Brawl Community. Nothing ever makes sense.

Even if EVERYONE just showed up to a Brawl tournament maining MK, the smash community still wouldn't ban him, apparently everyone actually enjoys playing mk dittos and having both player jump back and forth at each other with fairs for 8 minutes. And this is why none of us will ever be running for president anytime soon except for maybe her.. Madam President

Awesome plushy though..

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
let me sum up the argument:

Yes, the ****er is broken, makes tournaments less fun, and wins every tournament.
Yes, he probably needs to be banned.
No, the SBR will never ban him. "it's still too soon"

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Rumors were going about dojo would beat m2k.
Dojo did beat M2K in a set 3-0. That's the worst I've ever seen M2K get beaten ever!!

I remember when I saw Dojo 3 stock Spamerer in the first match @ COT 4.

This man is a monster, especially @ MK dittos.

.AC.

Smash Lord
even if mk was banned te same players would keep winning.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm pride, there was a mk banned tourney that me, azen, chillin, and atomsk were at (also they didn't tell me that it was MK banned until the NIGHT before like half a day before the tourney)

i lost to chillins falco with ddd cuz all he did was CG 0-60 then laser camp into rapid A then run away with illusions over and over. I did better vs chillins falco than atomsk's ddd is (someone more experienced in the matchup than me). The matchup is hopeless.

That's the ONLY person i lost to, and I lost to him 1 set. Then we SPLIT TOP 4, WITHOUT PLAYING ANYTHING OUT. I lost 1 set to chillins falco (doing BETTER than atomsk did vs him, making atomsk also believe the matchup is hopeless). I did NOT play another set with him, and I did NOT play atomsk or azen either. I actually beat Meep both games that I went DDD vs him and went last stock high % vs him with Snake on FD and that's my first time using Snake vs ICs ever I like never use these characters really. Also, that same day me and Azen (DDD Peach) beat Atomsk Chillin (DDD Snake mostly and DDD Falco I think) 6-0.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Results.

MK Best MK in the US
MK 2nd best MK in the US
MK 3rd bes tMK in the US
MK 4th best MK in the US
CO18
MK 5th best MK in the US

Who's too good?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
If you take the best character in the game and take most of the best players in the world of that character then obviously he's going to dominate. btw, I actually taught Dojo a lot of stuff on AIM and in person in the like 40 or so friendlies we had before to get him better cuz I like him and wanted to help. He learns very fast and is very smart. I also taught DSF a lot of stuff (or him just copying me a lot also) back at Critical Hit 3. I taught spam stuff too.

I am evolving the character at a very fast speed. MK has evolved a lot more than any other character has. The other characters at high level are probably not that much futher behind than he is but no one wants to try them out - they just want to copy what they can already see in vids - a reason I don't like having vids

Gea

Smash Master
LOL Why are people thinking that Texas cheering for Dojo means that we all KNEW he was going to win? Texas loves Texas. That holds true for pretty much every region. Socal cheers for Socal against M2K because they love Socal, not because WHOMG M2K IS GONNA LOSE NOW SONZ.

If he does lose, you get to be extra proud. If he doesn't, better luck next time.

I think Texas has alot to be loud about. We have Dojo, Infinity, Bwett, UTD, DMG, Phantom, Gnes, Fliphop, and more. Plus we may as well claim Kos-Mos ;)

Good **** to everyone who went.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Most fun I've ever had in a tourney since ever.

Seriously there were more epic moments then Evo.

But what was best was that Espy had A1 Steak Sauce with him the entire tourney.

@Gea: Lol what no Jerm, Santi, or Espy? I wanted Kos-Mos to teach me Peach but I never got the chance. :(

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Santi/Dojo lost to me/Inui round 3

round 1 we had a bye, round 2 we fought some random team, round 3 dojo/santi, round 4 dsf/tyrant (the hardest team there, and this was only QUARTER FINALS), round 5 some wario/sonic, round 6 infinity/someGW, then finals DSF/Tyrant again

then round 1 in singles today i had to fight fliphops diddy first.

Honestly, I have a feeling that this was done on purpose. MD/VA gives me hard *** stuff all the time, and while I realize not all of it is intentional, it just happens too much to simply be coincidence the 50th time or whatever. Justin wong was telling me that tourneys are rigged all the time, but it could just be bad luck this time who knows.

Anyway this tourney was fun, hopefully I'll win item singles tomorrow *crosses fingers*

I'm starting to regret training Dojo he's my biggest tourney threat I know of now o.O. His MK ditto skill is amazing. I do take a lot of pride though in being a large part of him being such a monsterous beast now though :D

all the best MKs in the world were here except like Spammer and TKD, which is a large reason why MK placed so high. Same for Hobo11. TX just draws in the MKs *shrug*

Tomorrow is gonna be my last day at the place, so anyone that wanted to play me should play me then. I'll get there around 12 or so I think
Go live in Texas so i can win more money in NY.

Top Bottom