• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobbling Compromise

Vro, you actually have to use 2 hands to wobble. one to keep the stick forward or down in order to make nana tilt, and the other to press a, so whacking off during is out of the question...unfortunately
You could easily use your mouth to hold the stick in place. :laugh:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
there is no reason to govern the game with rules that lie outside the game. unless they protect the integrity of the game.

the best anti wobbling argument ive heard: wobbling is hella gay, although there is no reason it should be banned.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I don't understand why the technical difficulty keeps coming up in a lot of half-baked arguments. Who the **** cares if you can do it with a TV on or not? At this point most people are just arguing points that are completely irrelevant to whether this technique should be banned or not. (which it shouldn't)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
looks like wobbling wont be at rom3 LOL

peef i saw you try to bring that in

bad idea hahaha

honestly

like 98% of the east coast hate wobbling

the other 2% are the ic's players lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Most of you are stupid. I'm only going to accept that it is not overcentralizing and it does not make the IC's the most broke character. Almost everyone's analogies suck ****. Zone, you are a terrible devil's advocate. For your very first counter argument you use Shiek's d-throw which REQUIRES you to have the TV on and see their reaction. That is why I bring up the TV being off; both players could eat a sandwich with the TV off during a wobble. Shucking fit, the wobbler could beat off during it.

I hate the what-if game. But let's just say there's a stage similiar to FD, perhaps just a little smaller. On the left side, it looks exactly the same. On the right side, there is a pretty tall wall. I bet you would all ban it because of Fox's infinite. Just because other stages were banned "for other reasons" besides Fox's infinite, doesn't mean we as a community didn't try to stop it.

I'm perfectly fine with IC's doing everything including hand-offs; just not ok with wobbling. It is not a nerf to their game, rather a "maybe I shouldn't just rhythmically tap A when I get a grab." It's not their only grab punishment. I'd rather hear "the game is fine with wobbling" than "harrr harrr IC's neeedz it!"

The only compromise I'm going to accept is wobbling should be allowed in teams and any non-wobble infinite performed by the IC's in singles be legal.
So, what's your argument?

That punishments need to be difficult to perform. Well does it increase the depth of the game? If a technique requires 5 hours of practice does that make it any more or less destructive to the metagame if it overcentralizes the metagame then one that needs 5 minutes of practice?

If it renders the entire cast non-viable, it still renders the entire cast non-viable, if the technique does nothing to change MUs it does nothing to change MUs.

As far as that example stage, you realize that FD isn't the best stage to make that point, right? It's not exactly the most neutral stage. And furthermore walls come with issues well beyond simply fox.

But, that stage would definitely be a CP at least, Fox's shine is far easier to land then an IC grab from a mix-up potential POV. Would it need to be banned? Probably not.

Overall the crux of your argument is that punishments shouldn't be that easy, but all that actually gives us is placing an arbitrary technical barrier to separate the "good players" from the "scrubs". But why is that necessary? This game has plenty of them, and if you wanna separate yourselves from the scrubs, showing up at the victory screen is ultimately what matters.

looks like wobbling wont be at rom3 LOL

peef i saw you try to bring that in

bad idea hahaha

honestly

like 98% of the east coast hate wobbling

the other 2% are the ic's players lol
EC is amazing... but we ban everything and their mothers.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
the issue vro is bringing up is an interesting one actually

wobbling is the only tactic/combo/infinite/whatever you want to call it that the other player is legitimately not playing for the duration of the tactic. theres no DI, no teching, not even mashing out.

just something i think is interesting, and does legitimately separate wobbling from other tactics

i'd rather freeze glitch was on above wobbling though, at least freeze glitch is funny and you can potentially smash DI up and automatically win the match if youre up a stock

Niko45

Smash Master
I don't want to watch IC dittos for grand finals of Pound 5, thanks. Ban it.

Also this is not a serious argument, please don't jump on the "it's not about what you want to watch!" bandwagon.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
actually, if theyre doing the dtilt version, you have 1 frame to imput an action every cycle. in that sense ur playing. also, on dreamland the wind ****s it up. and fox waveshine on ps you arent playing either. but as far as im concerned, digging for obsure facts like "im not di'ing" and "you could have the tv off/whack off/hula hoop/whatever" stuff is desperate.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
id rather have the black hole glitch be allowed

instead of wobbling

compromise????

Devil Ray

Smash Lord

wobbling is the only tactic/combo/infinite/whatever you want to call it that the other player is legitimately not playing for the duration of the tactic. theres no DI, no teching, not even mashing out.

just something i think is interesting, and does legitimately separate wobbling from other tactics

i'd rather freeze glitch was on above wobbling though, at least freeze glitch is funny and you can potentially smash DI up and automatically win the match if youre up a stock
freeze glitch is hilarious. saroush!

btw, wobbling is slightly hard bc of the timing, but it's easier than wave-shining for sure. broken tactic. pro-ban, yo.

Niko45

Smash Master

Also this is not a serious argument, please don't jump on the "it's not about what you want to watch!" bandwagon.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master

homie...

you definitely posted that twice

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
**** me...The ban of wobbling is just ridiculous; how bout you guys just don't get grabbed?
why don't you go jump off a bridge?

what i meant was that walls + fox dont make you play any different. if you stand right next to the wall/tree as part of your strategy.............you're probably doing it wrong. the only time i have ever been afraid of a fox infinite is on the LEFT side of stadium during the fire transformation.

if you ever get caught in a fox infinite on stadium. you ****ed up so big, like.......the state of California big. getting grabbed? lol it happens. anyone who says other wise is saying fox infinite shine = same likelihood as getting grabbed.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
if wobbling had a mother she would def be over powered
*imagines meeting wobbling's mother*

Wobbling: This is my mom, Fox's shine.

Hello, nice to meet you Mrs. Shine.

*to myself, ****, PC Jona was right*

Wobbling's mom (whispered out of earshot of wobbling): He always was a bit of an underachiever.

so you wouldnt ban metaknight?

i think i know who the real scrub is.
Wait, I thought Melee-only players thought brawlers were scrubs for considering banning MK.

My mind is now blown.

Seriously though, MK has yet to be proven overcentralizing.

IC dittos are fun, nobody can CG anybody!

Seriously though, if wobbling made ICs the top char, I would eat my hat or something.

why don't you go jump off a bridge?

what i meant was that walls + fox dont make you play any different. if you stand right next to the wall/tree as part of your strategy.............you're probably doing it wrong. the only time i have ever been afraid of a fox infinite is on the LEFT side of stadium during the fire transformation.

if you ever get caught in a fox infinite on stadium. you ****ed up so big, like.......the state of California big. getting grabbed? lol it happens. anyone who says other wise is saying fox infinite shine = same likelihood as getting grabbed.
Most characters have the tools to avoid being grabbed , especially the viable characters.

On the other hand, never getting shined, that's a tall order.

Not getting shined on PS early enough in the transformation to result in a 0-death while you're in a position to be multi-shined... not so much.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
*imagines meeting wobbling's mother*

Wobbling: This is my mom, Fox's shine.

Hello, nice to meet you Mrs. Shine.

*to myself, ****, PC Jona was right*

Wobbling's mom (whispered out of earshot of wobbling): He always was a bit of an underachiever.

Wait, I thought Melee-only players thought brawlers were scrubs for considering banning MK.

My mind is now blown.

Seriously though, MK has yet to be proven overcentralizing.

homie...

metaknight is definitely the gayest character to ever be in smash

thats like melee jiggs ,fox,falco,marth,sheik and doc x10

but in brawl

S l o X

Smash Champion
why the **** are people comparing shine to wobbling?

there completely different things, at least after getting shined you actually HAVE options. after you get grabbed, there's no hope.

yes, i said it.

no /hope

Pengie

Smash Lord
Ya after you get shined you have so many options: you can get shined again, upsmashed, grabbed, tech-chased, or arialed. Those all seem like great options >_>.

Ballistics

Smash Champion

Freeze glitch should not be compared to wobbling because it is a glitch that breaks the mechanics of the game, wobbling is merely utilizing your character to inflict damage. These two things cannot be compared just because they both immobilize the opponent. Haha I know bigD be joking though.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
idk, immoblizing your opponent? seems pretty similar. both end it giant percentage gains for the IC and will end in a death.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
oh also, the "compromise" of allowing wobbling to be legal, but the IC's can only CP neutral stages in not a compromise. the IC's dont lose anything.

please remove the from the OP as anyone believes that is a compromise is a fool or ignorant of anything about IC's and those who propose it/support it are intentionally being deceitful.

find me an IC player who CP's brinstar or RC regularly and ill show you a n00b who doesnt know AT's.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

Why does it matter if the other person is able to "play" or not? What your saying is once IC's get the grab and are able to setup the infinite the other person gets combo'd to death. How is this any different from when Falcon grabs Marth and can get auto-knee's? This isn't an "interesting point" but rather an arbitrary fact that is being magnified.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
oh also, the "compromise" of allowing wobbling to be legal, but the IC's can only CP neutral stages in not a compromise. the IC's dont lose anything.

please remove the from the OP as anyone believes that is a compromise is a fool or ignorant of anything about IC's and those who propose it/support it are intentionally being deceitful.

find me an IC player who CP's brinstar or RC regularly and ill show you a n00b who doesnt know AT's.
Wait its not like that. The ice climbers get to wobble a limited percent, he says 5 dtilts (could be up for discussion) , and in return for not being able to wobble until you can kill the guy, the guy your playing forfeits the right to take you to a stage like brinstar.

I think I remember M2K and Chudat having a similar compromise. It was no wobbling in exchange for neutral counterpicks. Wasn't this the ORIGINAL gentleman's rule?

Lovage

Smash Hero
i am absolutely fine with no wobbling in exchange for no gay stages

since i hate both of those things

Top Bottom