• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Witness the power that is my Peach.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I've always had compliments on my Peach. I've even been told I should compete with her over my Lucario and Falco. However, I've never really taken the time to work with her, nor have I really been around these boards. I'm hoping you guys can criticize my Peach and help me get better with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WMzkjx01ss

Here is her Debut video.
Enjoy.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Pretty good Peach, nice use of float mindgames.

Just remember that her Dthrow is one of the setups for combos in early percents.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Woah the beginning threw me off a little, like some sort of princess tribal dance!

;D Nice peach! I'm not really one to critique, but if your style's working then go for it!

Iwan

Smash Ace
Needs more Up Tilt. A lot more Up Tilt. Other than that though, pretty good peach, although I will say that playing an "okay" ganondorf won't really give us an idea of where you stand ;)

keep using her and play some tougher match ups. :D

TreK

Is "that guy"
Red Peach ftw \o/

Yeah it's hard to say what's wrong with you since your opponent was only ok. You have the same style as me with more dashdances that's cool since you're better x)

Needs more Up Tilt. A lot more Up Tilt.
when do you use this move ? it's pretty good but i never get it to hit.

Really? Could I have an example of one?
a ftilt, a bair or another dthrow on some fast fallers until 25% (then you ftilt so they're at 40%)

Saltix

Smash Lord
Your Peach looked like she was on something xD Nice stuff

You don't float a lot...and you don't use Fair very often D: Also, may I ask what colour lag you have with this person?
I haven't watched many Peach videos yet, but when you guys say I don't float enough, when would be a proper time to do it?

In other matches, I tend to do a Ground Level Float, either Dair or Nair. If I Dair, I space it so only a few hits connect, cancel it on the ground, and either jab/Fsmash/or Dair.

If I float above them, I dair them, or Dair--> falling Nair.

Also, I believe he and I have a yellow connection, if not green. Why?

Saltix

Smash Lord
Oh Ok.
I haven't watched many Peach videos yet, but when you guys say I don't float enough, when would be a proper time to do it?

In other matches, I tend to do a Ground Level Float, either Dair or Nair. If I Dair, I space it so only a few hits connect, cancel it on the ground, and either jab/Fsmash/or Dair.

If I float above them, I dair them, or Dair--> falling Nair.

Also, I believe he and I have a yellow connection, if not green. Why?
Was the bolded stuff known? Take into account I haven't really watched many videos.
As well as the little Float-Dash-thing I was doing with Peach in the video. I use it to throw people off xD

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
No offense, but it's really hard to tell your peach game when your opponent being (well...) just "average." *cough*

Float height generally depends on the matchup and situation but overall the recommended height is (imo) a couple frames before the apex of a short-hop.

As far as the video was concerned, I recommend working on her aerial control. You also need to work on your dair follow ups as well and stringing (combos lol) in general.

Once you get the hang of her aerial game, you should start practicing on her edgeguarding abilities. I recommend reading Niko's and Dark.Pch's guides scattered throughout the peach boards if you're really interested.

I do fancy your Z-walks (the float dash thing) though lol. I might start doing that between stocks :p.

Zen Basis

Smash Rookie
I actually do not see the use in dash-dancing the amount that you do it, especially when the opponent is offstage and you could be edgeguarding them instead.

Sure, you can use it to 'throw people off,' but in nearly all of the cases that I saw it being used, I did not see anything come out of it (set-ups, combos, etc.). I think that if anything, it is best suited to be done inbetween stocks.

bobson

Smash Lord
I don't think it's possible to fairly critique you when you were facing an opponent that tried to use warlock punch twice in a row on three separate occasions during the match.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I cant really say anything... Your peach is odd and gave me a headache...

Your opponent on the other hand sucks balls....Find someone better then I'll help.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Excellent spacing, but you're opponent sucks quite hard. If we saw you against Falco, Marth, or MK i think we'd get a better idea of how your Peach can adapt to things.

But, quite good for a first video.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Excellent spacing, but you're opponent sucks quite hard. If we saw you against Falco, Marth, or MK i think we'd get a better idea of how your Peach can adapt to things.

But, quite good for a first video.
I'll see what I can do. As of right now, I don't have wi-fi access, and randomly when I put my SD card into my computer, the data gets erased. To date, I've lost over 400 Replays.
I'll see if I can get friends over to capture a few matches, but I do appreciate the help.

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
The only things I would recommend are using U-tilt for juggling a little more and tacking other moves on the end of your floated d-airs. D-air >d-air > n-air > u-tilt is my favorite. :B

I'm pretty sure you don't make a habit of Up B the wrong way, so I'll let that go.

Top Bottom