• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
funny cuz in the past it seems like you allowed more people to come and encourage other people to come

SUDDENLY I want to show and you can't give people other people's spots (even though one guy FORFEITTED HIS SPOT TO ME)? why does that ****ing matter as long as you get the same number of attendees.

it's quite obvious your true intentions, and I'm not buying your BS

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Glad I refreshed the page:

SUDDENLY I want to show and you can't give people other people's spots (even though one guy
FORFEITTED HIS SPOT TO ME)? why does that ****ing matter as long as you get the same number of attendees.
I'm not sure I've ever allowed people to "give" people spots. It's always been if someone cancels that the NEXT PERSON WHO HAD BEEN WAITING GETS IN. You would be behind about 5 different people. Suddenly you want to show, and you automatically assume you can just get in front of people like ITT/Blue Rogue who I have been tell cannot come since BEFORE you even showed up in this thread.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
1) How about you show some respect for people like ITT who have been trying to go and asking me about it for like the last 6 days. You JUST popped in and assumed you would be able to go, and now you are upset at something I've had established and posted for weeks, and a policy I have had for this series for the last 10 months. Funnily enough, if NEOH all went to the Smashfest at ITT today and instead made it a tournament, the attendance would be similar to WaB I'd bet.

2) I don't throw ****ty tournaments, so I cap events because unlike other TO's I don't want to be in a small cramped space for 12+ straight hours. The WaB series is meant to be fun and relaxing, and I would rather have a small crowd than a large one.

3) You are using quotes from past events, not this one. I believe both of those quotes refer to when we were upstairs, which was a completely different scenario then being downstairs, where there is only half the room for playing. The fact is last time we were downstairs the room that had the TVs could only fit about 16 people comfortably.

Alright, that covers everything, I'm off to the venue.
Wow, and I thought Inui was a scrub. Don't worry, Jason, you're always welcome in NJ. The competition is better there anyway :)

I don't see what the point of being afraid of M2K is if people like Inui and Keitaro can come along and **** your **** xD

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Jesse was going to go to a friend's house around here anyway about 10 minutes from this place. Getting some winterfest practice would have been really nice (ESPECIALLY cuz I missed last weekend cuz Shugo's car broke down), and some guy was even nice enough to forfeit a spot. Now this is all cancelled

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow, and I thought Inui was a scrub. Don't worry, Jason, you're always welcome in NJ. The competition is better there anyway :)

I don't see what the point of being afraid of M2K is if people like Inui and Keitaro can come along and **** your **** xD
Why would you say this? How am I a scrub? What are you talking about?

I agree that AZ is being gay, though. Scared of M2K taking that $$$ imo. MAN UP NUKKA!

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
funny cuz in the past it seems like you allowed more people to come and encourage other people to come

SUDDENLY I want to show and you can't give people other people's spots (even though one guy FORFEITTED HIS SPOT TO ME)? why does that ****ing matter as long as you get the same number of attendees.

it's quite obvious your true intentions, and I'm not buying your BS

Seriously, Mew2King. Stop being immature about this. The basement is small and AZ does these things for a reason. If you read his last post, he clearly states why he is doing things the way he is. The only intentions he has are to throw a quality tourney and your only one is to apparently to make yourself look like an illiterate, ignorant *******.

The basement can hold about 16 comfortably and 24 was already a number where he was pushing it, but expected people like me and Hunky to drop early (car problems), and more to drop the night before or day of to make the space work. If you want to play so badly, go to the other Ohio tourney. I know I have not met you in person to my knowledge yet, but posts like that scream "crying 12 year old" to me. Even the people who had been waiting all week can't get in, but the venue size is the limiting factor here, not AZ. When I went last time, it was a wonderful event and I would have loved to gone before. AZ and the Wings and Brew know how to throw a quality event where everyone has a blast.

Good luck to everyone that could make it. Sorry that I had to drop out even though I know my mom is hiding a car from me in the garage as I type this . . . screw the holidays. I can't wait to get back on campus.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Seriously, Mew2King. Stop being immature about this. The basement is small and AZ does these things for a reason. If you read his last post, he clearly states why he is doing things the way he is. The only intentions he has are to throw a quality tourney and your only one is to apparently to make yourself look like an illiterate, ignorant *******.

The basement can hold about 16 comfortably and 24 was already a number where he was pushing it, but expected people like me and Hunky to drop early (car problems), and more to drop the night before or day of to make the space work. If you want to play so badly, go to the other Ohio tourney. I know I have not met you in person to my knowledge yet, but posts like that scream "crying 12 year old" to me. Even the people who had been waiting all week can't get in, but the venue size is the limiting factor here, not AZ. When I went last time, it was a wonderful event and I would have loved to gone before. AZ and the Wings and Brew know how to throw a quality event where everyone has a blast.

Good luck to everyone that could make it. Sorry that I had to drop out even though I know my mom is hiding a car from me in the garage as I type this . . . screw the holidays. I can't wait to get back on campus.
I couldn't read your post other than it saying AZ IS A SCRUB AND A CRAPPY TO. Seriously man up.

Why would you say this? How am I a scrub? What are you talking about?

I agree that AZ is being gay, though. Scared of M2K taking that $$$ imo. MAN UP NUKKA!
It's empty words don't worry. Only joking.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Jesse was going to go to a friend's house around here anyway about 10 minutes from this place. Getting some winterfest practice would have been really nice (ESPECIALLY cuz I missed last weekend cuz Shugo's car broke down), and some guy was even nice enough to forfeit a spot. Now this is all cancelled
U should come to my smashfest instead (free booze!) (all the sonic matchup experience you could ever need!)

kafkametamorph

Smash Cadet
anyone who can't get in, it sounds like this one's got a specific list of attendants, the one in warren's looking pretty big. Melee FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
this is actually extremely depressing that there are 3 tournaments all within like 1-2 hours of each other all in ohio that are all <30 people. With decent planning this weekend could have been a tournament with 60+ people easily. Instead it's 3 really small things.

Let's try avoiding this in the future if at all possible.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I don't get why there's hate for AZ.
The last WaB was REALLY crowded.. with 24 spots. Ask Keitaro since he was there to witness it. A lot of people couldn't spectate or play friendlies due to the limited space.

By the way, even with the upstairs, I never really thought we could fit 40 unless we had everyone. I always thought AZ exaggerated it.

On top of that m2k, you can't just cut in line in front of people who have been waiting to enter. By the way you act around here, I assume other areas give you special treatment. Us Ohians don't take that ****. At least Columbus and Springfield

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tourney as always, Wings and Brew always owns. Great seeing everyone again. Shoutouts to come in results thread :D

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
NJ, stop posting in here and being douches. AZ has a f-ing cap, respect it. Not even God can cut in line at this tourney so just respect that.

Sorry for my state being dumb guys.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
NJ, stop posting in here and being douches. AZ has a f-ing cap, respect it. Not even God can cut in line at this tourney so just respect that.

Meh, I'm used to seeing crybabys and whiners all over the NJ threads, but all they're doing is meatriding their buddy who didn't get the special treatment he somehow expected. It's all good though, you're one of the few over there who aren't annoying and who I'd actually like to meet. :)

@ Yes!- How does that meat feel when you ride it? Careful not to bruise your cheeks, you're buckin' it pretty (or for you..."mad") hard yo.

@ Thread- Awesome tourney, the perfect one to wind down after Delta. Good food, cool people, and hilarious draft crews. I did so-so I guess but I'll finish both Fonz and Quivo for sure next time >:D. Nice job as always AZ, ignore the EC tards.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why there's hate for AZ.
The last WaB was REALLY crowded.. with 24 spots. Ask Keitaro since he was there to witness it. A lot of people couldn't spectate or play friendlies due to the limited space.

By the way, even with the upstairs, I never really thought we could fit 40 unless we had everyone. I always thought AZ exaggerated it.

On top of that m2k, you can't just cut in line in front of people who have been waiting to enter. By the way you act around here, I assume other areas give you special treatment. Us Ohians don't take that ****. At least Columbus and Springfield
you right...we dont take that special treatment ****. You wanna come to our tournies and think that you should be treated like a god. M2k goes to nopes monthly and doesnt even have the respect to clean up his own beer that not only did he not pay for but that he spilled being a childish drunk. Its pretty disrespectful when I have to tell you 3 times to clean up ur mess.

Meh, I'm used to seeing crybabys and whiners all over the NJ threads, but all they're doing is meatriding their buddy who didn't get the special treatment he somehow expected. It's all good though, you're one of the few over there who aren't annoying and who I'd actually like to meet. :)

@ Yes!- How does that meat feel when you ride it? Careful not to bruise your cheeks, you're buckin' it pretty (or for you..."mad") hard yo.

@ Thread- Awesome tourney, the perfect one to wind down after Delta. Good food, cool people, and hilarious draft crews. I did so-so I guess but I'll finish both Fonz and Quivo for sure next time >:D. Nice job as always AZ, ignore the EC tards.
KB...this made me ****ing lol haha...

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Great tourney, I had a lot of fun with friendlies.

I know the drama has already come an passed, but I definitely have to agree, the smaller cap works better. It was a lot more comfortable than Wings'n'Brew 3.

-Droog

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
M2K all this whining has to stop. I'm sorry we can't cater to your every need like the East Coast...
This tournament was not the only tournament going on that day... there was another tournament in Indiana that happened which was more than likely the same distance of traveling.

Most people are adults. So understand the situation before you judge it so harshly. I'm actually surprised you think they were boycotting you. I never been to this venue before but I'm really sure AZ knows what he's talking about it as far as capacity. I wanted to attend one of these tournaments in the past but I couldn't because I didn't make it known I was coming. I was salty but it's all good. Some people have grown to like you...and have grown to dislike you.. But I have a lot of love for people (no homo) regardless. Just try to look at things from both sides pimp. Although you may not like the Midwest, I still got a lot of for ya...

And EC peeps.... Don't be so quick to bash things without inspecting first. That's just wrong...
I say... let's brawl it out... that's the best way to solve things without arguing senselessly... ya dig?

We may be underestimated in the Smash scene... but you all have no idea how much we've been shining. So take ya'll sunglasses off and open up ya eyes...

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
A lot of unnecessary pre tournament drama huh? lol

Any way that was a great tournament. Too bad i did better in friendlies then i was doing in the actual brackets. I'll get up there next time.

I would have stayed for draft crews but the UFC pay per view was on and i couldn't miss it.

Keep me updated for the tournaments guys. And if any smashers in columbus wanna play hit me up

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Some people just don't understand that Wings and Brew is one of the best tournament series because it isn't about intense competition, but rather wings, brew, fun, and draft crews.

It's just a tiny fun tournament, a treat for all of us. The cap is unfortunate because we all like big events, but it isn't what its about! Plus, there was Kakuna near Louisville KY and a smashfest in NEOH on the same day XD

When you coming back down here Keitaro? I never got to play you. :(

GJ to AZ for finally winning one of his own events =P

edit for Y.b.M.:

Wings and Brew is smaller than Kakuna.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I would like to say that part of this is my fault. I offered RipN's spot to M2K WITHOUT talking to AZ first which was dumb. I mis-understood part of it as well, and after talking to AZ I was able to fully understand everything with no problems. So M2K I am sorry I did that, but please respect AZ's decision. It was not against you in any way he literally had a cap. Like Capem stated he wanted to switch RipN's spot for another springfield member and AZ would NOT ALLOW IT. So it was not to keep M2K from winning so get that out of your heads.

AZ is probably the best TO I have met, and is an amazing person. He is not bias and would never keep someone from entering a tournament for an ignorant reason as some of you people are stating. He truly wanted this to be a small tournament and for it to be fun, as all the other WaB's were.

We don't take **** from people, and I REALLY ****ING HATE IT when people come in here NOT KNOWING JACK **** about anything and start bashing AZ. So GTFO of our thread Inui!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just some quicky quotes from M2K, he essentially took everything all personally and decided cause of it that he won't be on the MW crew:

EC Pound 4 Crew Thread

I want to join EC crew. I'm not crewing w/ midwest. If I can't join EC then I'm not entering.
no I don't like them that's why
i don't like drephen either. I will not support them and help them win.
Fonz: Please don't apologize to him. You didn't do anything all that wrong you just sorta promoted an idea to him before going through me. Not a big deal cause in the end the TO gets the final say, he should know that, everyone should know that. You respect that. M2K doesn't.

Until I have some sort of apology for the numerous false/disrespectful/self-centered things M2K has said, along with the general way he has acted about this whole situation, then I'm thinking I will consider him banned from all my future events, WaB/DU/Seasons Beatings/The resurrection of the BOMB franchise aka MD/VA regional event I probably gonna host this summer (with no venue fee and/or just a $3-$5 venue fee). I'd suggest similar things for how he treated your house in Springfield, my guess is he hasn't apologized for that stuff either. Fact is it is time for him to wake up, and I know the EC isn't gonna put their foot down when they get disrespected cause they have grown so use to it over the years.

Essentially, if he doesn't wanna support us, then lets not support him. He can pay for his education by traveling 10 hours to tournaments in New Jersey every weekend. Or buying $300 plane tickets every weekend. Or whatever. Nice tournaments though just an hour or two away? Not until he changes his attitude and shows some respect for someone other than himself.

---

With that being said, from Jan-June I'm thinking I'll be holding 1-2 touraments a month.

When should the WaB VI be? Keep in mind the event will have a cap of 24 again.
When should the Delta Upsilon II be? There is no cap for this venue so I'm hoping we can get consistent 40-50 person tournaments.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Cleveland has a guaranteed car of 5 people for next time. ITT, King, and Blue Rogue got 1st dibs. Since you are a first timer (and remind me that I'm saying this cause it will be another month or so before we get a firm date and I will probably forget), but you also get a spot.

There is NO claiming spots right now, not until there is a date. Its simply that NEOH was waitlisted for WaBV and so that puts them at the top for the next tournament.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Put me down for the next WaB.

And I'm in full support of your idea. Those who disrespect will be treated the same way here. We ain't EC, we support our own and we don't treat any one player like some kind of god. Good **** for stepping up to the plate on that AZ.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I want to go to an AZ TO'd tournament, so I'm expressing some interest in this along with 2-3 other currently undetermined MI smashers.

I suggest Feb 13th for one of the events. January is pretty booked, plus Pound 4's cost will make people shy away from tournaments around that time. 13th is a month after Pound 4 so people can get back their tourney funds. Then I guess 27th for the other one. Two weeks after for a break for your TOing, and I can go to the Chicago thing on 20th.

Top Bottom