• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. AlphaZealot (Columbus)
2. Quivo (Columbus)
3. Kicks (Columbus)
4. King Yoshi
5. TheKiest (Worthington)
6. Wakka (Springfield)
7. FlyingFrenchman
8. NewBreeze (West Salem)
9. Smashglov (Wooster)
10. Fonz (Springfield)
11. SoulPech (Columbus)
12. Zach (Columbus)
13. Beegs (Lattasburg)
14. Framerate
15. Moose (Columbus)
16. Sil (Springfield)
17. SoleCaliber
18. Ripn (Springfield)
19. Capem (Springfield)
20. Champ (Springfield)
21. KB (Cleveland)
22. MX778 (Columbus)
23. Baro
24. Fortenium
25. Enrish (Columbus)
26. hough123

This is the final list. Sorry ITT but there is just no way to fit a whole car of NEOH people at the downstairs of WaB. If we were upstairs it would work, but downstairs def won't. :(
You and a car for you (so + 3-4 people) will get first priority for the next WaB. I don't like turning people away but I also don't want to put on a ****ty event.

The list is at 26, which is two over the cap, this is done cause there will probably be a couple last minute day-of cancelations.

King Yoshi, do you still plan on coming?

ALSO: SET UPS GUYS!

TVS
1. Springfield
2. Kiest
3. Kiest
4. Baro

Wiis
1. AlphaZealot
2. Quivo
3. Springfield
4. Kiest
5. Baro

Who else is bringing them? Springfield can you bring two tvs by any chance?

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Is the limit due to space, tournament speed, pizza, or all three? lol

I was going to bring a friend so he could just watch if that's okay.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Baro: its due to space. I don't remember if you were at WaB IV, but if you can imagine an area even more crowded than the upstairs, with less people, then that is the WaB basement. I'd rather not have people at the tournament who are just there to spectate, this is unfortunately not the ideal venue for such things to occur.

I'm putting you down for a set up baro...please bring Brawl for your wii/tv :)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea, we do, so bring them!

Also, guys, form your teams! It would be really awesome if we could get 12 full teams here but at the very least I refuse to have less than 8. We have never had less than 8 teams at a WaB event. There shouldn't be any dominant teams there either, so the top 3 should be wide open.

Remember, top 5 (so 6 people) and top 3 teams (so 6 people) win money! That is a 1/4th chance of placing in the money in singles and, if just 8 teams show up, an almost 40% chance of placing in the money in doubles!

Finally

Wings and Brew T-Shirts are $16! These sexy, hand-drawn T-shirts come in a variety of colors so long as its yellow. They are here for a limited time, and by making a purchase you ensure that that time window is even MORE limited! Sure to be a collectors item for years to come, the WaB T-Shirt is a one-of-a-kind must own apparel for any Nintendo/Smash memorabilia collector/fan!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I think a few doubles teams want to lose on Halberd to some Fluffy puff Marshmallows!

Also what time do want me to come and help setup?

10? 10:30ish?

MX778

Smash Journeyman
I can't come now. I have to go to a funeral on Sunday and just found out we're leaving on Saturday which I didn't know until now. It angers me because I really looked forward to participating in this tourney. :/
But, I have to go to my grandfather's funeral instead.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Very much so yes?
Or I can just go without a "spot" and hang out somewhere, lol. Someone save/get me a t-shirt!
KB! Wreck this ****!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I would really like to go to this. I missed the tournament last week and have literally nothing I can go to this week except this, and if I can't go to this then I can't get any practice for Winterfest next week (I'm going to be gone a long time after this). So please let me enter. I'm not going to be at many OH tourneys anymore and that includes next year too (and I'm moving out prolly next summer, I'll prolly be at like 4 more total before moving because I'm gonna be flying OOS a lot)

Jesse will drive me because he's going to see a friend down there anyway by coincidence, but it's like an hour or an hour out of the way, so if I could take someone's spot or go with NE ohio people that would be cool. King Beef/blue rogue/ anyone up here?? It doesn't matter that much either way I just feel it'd save jesse some gas

edit - I guess I'll buy a shirt I don't have enough. Might get one for Jesse too.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I would really like to go to this. I missed the tournament last week and have literally nothing I can go to this week except this, and if I can't go to this then I can't get any practice for Winterfest next week (I'm going to be gone a long time after this). So please let me enter. I'm not going to be at many OH tourneys anymore and that includes next year too (and I'm moving out prolly next summer, I'll prolly be at like 4 more total before moving because I'm gonna be flying OOS a lot)

Jesse will drive me because he's going to see a friend down there anyway by coincidence, but it's like an hour or an hour out of the way, so if I could take someone's spot or go with NE ohio people that would be cool. King Beef/blue rogue/ anyone up here?? It doesn't matter that much either way I just feel it'd save jesse some gas

edit - I guess I'll buy a shirt I don't have enough. Might get one for Jesse too.
Mew2King you can take my roomates spot. (RipN) he decided today that he is not going to go, and we will gladly pass his spot to you. Tell AZ that RipN wants to pass his spot to you.

I can't wait to play you again! (Smashville FTW)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Don't forget there are already a couple of people from NEOH who have been waiting for an available spot beforehand.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1) THERE ARE NO MORE SPOTS AVAILABLE. THERE IS NO 'TRADING' SPOTS! YOU CANNOT CUT IN FRONT OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR WEEKS JUST CAUSE YOU KNOW THE RIGHT PEOPLE! EVEN THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN ON MY WAITING LIST ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COME! NO MORE SPOTS MEANS NO MORE SPOTS!

2) I intentionally made the list longer than it should have been (26 names). That was in anticipation of SEVERAL people dropping at the last moment, which is exactly what is currently happening. That doesn't mean NEW spots open up, because the list was already passed capacity.

I'm sorry ITT/M2K/others, but I'm sticking with the final list I made earlier with 26 names. That is going to be the list even IF more people drop below the number of 24, because 24 was an estimate that included the chance people would drop. This venue cannot hold more than 24 people, and honestly 24 is a STRETCH, which is why I don't want to amend the list beyond what it is now because I'd rather have LESS people.

If you are not on the list and show up, I will not enter you into the tournament. I'm sorry, but I need to say this so there is NO CONFUSION. The list in the OP is final.

King~

Smash Champion
M2K- itt is having a smashfest in akron tommrow, if u want practice 8/

AZ- yea definetly not makin it, work prevented it.

north ohio crew- yall got this

Smash Apprentice
So this is a bit late to be posting this but does that mean Champ has no teammate? Wanna team then?

kafkametamorph

Smash Cadet
so yeah, there's a torunament in warren today... it can fit about 100 people, if you can't get into this one consider going to the one in Warren. It's called Melee Always Prevails... yeah... I'd like to see more people there. More Competition = More fun!!!
Yes. Warren is in the midwest regional Zone XD.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
I was thinking I'd just show up and see what happened, lol. I really disagree with using a venue for which you have to have such a small cap of people... ;(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I was thinking I'd just show up and see what happened, lol. I really disagree with using a venue for which you have to have such a small cap of people... ;(
Please do. I operate well on hype and who better than my new rival and my teammate to cheer me on. :D

Edit: Leaving now, be ready Beegs and Scott, gas money and all.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wow what a bunch of BS you just don't want me to go
1) How about you show some respect for people like ITT who have been trying to go and asking me about it for like the last 6 days. You JUST popped in and assumed you would be able to go, and now you are upset at something I've had established and posted for weeks, and a policy I have had for this series for the last 10 months. Funnily enough, if NEOH all went to the Smashfest at ITT today and instead made it a tournament, the attendance would be similar to WaB I'd bet.

2) I don't throw ****ty tournaments, so I cap events because unlike other TO's I don't want to be in a small cramped space for 12+ straight hours. The WaB series is meant to be fun and relaxing, and I would rather have a small crowd than a large one.

3) You are using quotes from past events, not this one. I believe both of those quotes refer to when we were upstairs, which was a completely different scenario then being downstairs, where there is only half the room for playing. The fact is last time we were downstairs the room that had the TVs could only fit about 16 people comfortably.

Alright, that covers everything, I'm off to the venue.

Top Bottom