• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I don’t play Plants Vs Zombies...but sure!
Eh, okay

Plants VS Zombies gets representation in smash but they represent the Garden Warfare games
Every single one of your most wanted gets in, but all that they can use is a bland looking sword and nothing else.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Silver's only game is Sonic 06. :4pacman:So yes, I'll press the button.

Your most wanted gets costumed, but it's a really nice deluxe costume that comes with five songs.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
If there was no other way, then sure. I'll settle for 5 songs and a Rayman Brawler skin.

The Batter from OFF gets in as a Mii Swordfighter skin with Pepper Steak as a music track
But this replaces the Vaultboy costume

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
If there was no other way, then sure. I'll settle for 5 songs and a Rayman Brawler skin.

The Batter from OFF gets in as a Mii Swordfighter skin with Pepper Steak as a music track
But this replaces the Vaultboy costume
I'll pass

Characters like :ultdoc:, :ultlucina:, :ultdarkpit:, :ultdarksamus:,:ultrichter:, etc. become skins and their spots are taken by other characters, but those characters are from obscure 1st party games

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Characters like :ultdoc:, :ultlucina:, :ultdarkpit:, :ultdarksamus:,:ultrichter:, etc. become skins
That's an instant "no deal," I don't care what the rest of the post says

(OK, maybe that was a little harsh. But I'm just not a fan of the "demote echoes to alts" mentality, it's basically just wanting to screw over fans of certain characters for the sake of it. For my actual answer to the post: The characters being from obscure 1st party games doesn't do anything for me, so even after reading the whole thing it's still a "no deal")

Every franchise repped in Smash gets another character of your choosing, but you can only play in a competitive ruleset (1v1 without items)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
That's an instant "no deal," I don't care what the rest of the post says

(OK, maybe that was a little harsh. But I'm just not a fan of the "demote echoes to alts" mentality, it's basically just wanting to screw over fans of certain characters for the sake of it. For my actual answer to the post: The characters being from obscure 1st party games doesn't do anything for me, so even after reading the whole thing it's still a "no deal")

Every franchise repped in Smash gets another character of your choosing, but you can only play in a competitive ruleset (1v1 without items)
Er, maybe?

Excitebiker becomes a fighter, but then :ultisabelle: is reduced to an Echo.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I don't trust that they would able to work around Isabelle's differing proportions, we'd just have cursed images for days. No thanks.

An assist trophy is promoted, but whenever you play a match with items, there's a chance that the game will try to give you the AT that got promoted, and if this happens while the promoted character is in play, the game crashes

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
...I didn't even know they took it out. So I guess yeah.

None of the characters you want get in, but instead they fix all the problems you have with one character already in the game.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
If you have only one or two most wanted characters, I doubt you'd mind a character you wouldn't be very excited about getting in as well as your most wanted. I'm in this camp with Heavy (I highly doubt at this point that Octoling is getting in). If you have more than that, then it becomes problematic. Also what if your most wanted is a Gen 8 Pokémon?

tl;dr: I wouldn't mind.

Break the Targets, Board the Platforms and Smash Run are added to Ultimate in a free update, at the cost of Challenger Pack 11 being cancelled.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
As long as those modes are just as good, if not better, than the originals, then sure.

Your most wanted gets in Smash, but for some reason they are a semi-clone of Piranha Plant.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
No. How many people could be a semi-clone of that anyway (assuming they were my most wanted)?

Every Smash Bros. character is reported to have a new, expansive, non-standardized command list in the next installment, but half the roster from Ultimate is cut.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I'd rather have weird arse attacks than inputs that do nothing.

There's a DX port of Ultimate, but Ring Fit Trainee is one of the characters.
:069::037:
:228:
:249::217::177:
Sorry, I am using my Pokemon to try to help me look for something... I'm trying to find what's wrong with that, and the search is currently going nowhere.

There's a deluxe port of Ultimate, but the rights to Microsoft is lost... in it's replacement, we get Ubisoft's Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad and Rayman to fill Banjo (and Kazooie) and Steve's place.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
:069::037:
:228:
:249::217::177:
Sorry, I am using my Pokemon to try to help me look for something... I'm trying to find what's wrong with that, and the search is currently going nowhere.

There's a deluxe port of Ultimate, but the rights to Microsoft is lost... in it's replacement, we get Ubisoft's Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad and Rayman to fill Banjo (and Kazooie) and Steve's place.
Eh, no thanks.

Piranha Plant is relegated to an Assist Trophy, but Koopa Troopa takes its place

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Yes. This is yet another one of the “literally no downsides” questions.

If you press the button, your most wanted gets in. If you leave it alone, you get one cookie every day

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
press it, I'm trying to lose weight and get more healthy. Getting a cookie each day is just going to significantly hinder that.

If you press the button, you'll get the cheese touch and everyone will avoid you in school and be really mean to you :c, and I mean EXTREMELY mean.
If you don't press the button, you'll get cooties and everyone will avoid you in school and be really mean to you :c, but they'll forget about it in 1 month.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
press it, I'm trying to lose weight and get more healthy. Getting a cookie each day is just going to significantly hinder that.

If you press the button, you'll get the cheese touch and everyone will avoid you in school and be really mean to you :c, and I mean EXTREMELY mean.
If you don't press the button, you'll get cooties and everyone will avoid you in school and be really mean to you :c, but they'll forget about it in 1 month.
I'd rather everything subside in a month, so no press.
  • If you press the button, Sora gets in but Crash is relegated to a Mii Costume based on his old mascot.
  • If you don't press the button, Crash gets in but Sora only gets a Spirit Event

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
idk who Celica is but i'd rather lose Chrom than three other fighters (one of which is my main). No deal.

64, Melee, and Brawl all get a rerelease in the style of SMAS3D, with online play included, but this inevitably will delay the creation of an all-new Smash game.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yes, I'll press the button.

You get to choose any Capcom rep you want, but from now on Mega Man will use his redesign from the most recent cartoon.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes, I'll press the button.

You get to choose any Capcom rep you want, but from now on Mega Man will use his redesign from the most recent cartoon.
HAHAHA in your dreams.

Crash comes with a limited-time event* to use him early, but none of his auxillary content (save for Classic Mode) can be used until the character's official release.

*The event I had in mind was called "The Gem Challenge"; each "Gem" you earn has you play only as Crash (to get a feel for him) and fight battles against Smash fighters by game. The battles are as follows:
  • Yellow Gem: A battle against the 64 fighters on a 64 stage
  • Purple Gem: A battle against the Melee veterans on a Melee stage
  • Orange Gem: A battle against the Brawl veterans on a Brawl stage
  • Blue Gem: A battle against the Smash 4 veterans on a Smash 4 stage
  • Green Gem: A battle against Ultimate's base newcomers on an Ultimate stage
  • Red Gem: A battle against Crash; winning this battle allows players to use him early

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Um, I guess I'll press the button...?

Your most wanted is deconfirmed, but they get a siiick Mii Costume and a new remix of their theme song.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Won’t

Your most wanted gets in, but the other fighters pass characters all have to have the same general colour sceme as them (You can’t decide the other characters)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sure, but don't come crying to me when the last three fighters of the Fighter's Pass look like they just came back from a half-off sale at Hot Topic.

We get a new Sonic character, but their stage is Emerald Hill from Sonic 2.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Sure, but don't come crying to me when the last three fighters of the Fighter's Pass look like they just came back from a half-off sale at Hot Topic.

We get a new Sonic character, but their stage is Emerald Hill from Sonic 2.
Its part of the Fighters Pass if so then no

We get "Gameboy"-Link
but lose:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink:!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
No, I don't really want any of those-though Sora I would be mildly excited for as I somewhat enjoyed the DS and 3DS games as a kid.

We get two new Capcom characters in Fighter's Pass 2, but they come from Street Fighter and Mega Man-no new series reps.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
No, I don't really want any of those-though Sora I would be mildly excited for as I somewhat enjoyed the DS and 3DS games as a kid.

We get two new Capcom characters in Fighter's Pass 2, but they come from Street Fighter and Mega Man-no new series reps.
No thanks.

Master Cheif gets in, but as a Spirit and Mii Costume.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

Nah only if we get a Capcom Zelda Rep with them

You get Sora but you also get this
No Base Form (or any Other form) + his most Boring Outfit

Last edited:

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I don't care enough about either of those characters but I guess it'll make some people happy so sure.

Every character gets four new costumes, but it makes the CSS portraits take even longer to load.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON!

You get your most wanted fighter as the next fighter pass fighter, but the fighter after that is someone you feel mainly indifferent towards and the last fighter is the fighter you literally want the least (aside from a 4th party, still must be a game character).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, so Shadow for Muddy? Sure.

Your most wanted but seemingly least likely character gets in, but they play as if they’re using the Brawl engine - tripping, no hit stun, maybe even gliding.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Rayman and Master Chief (I still can't decide who is my NUMBER ONE, Number one) deserve better, I'll pass and wait till the next game.

Fighter Pass 3 exists with 2 out of 6 characters you want the most, but the other 4 fighters are disappointing and will be the characters you see the most because they are busted (also, you top 2 aren't bad, but just extremely average).

Top Bottom