• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That's a fair trade. Sure. As long as I get to replace Windy Hill with a half-decent stage that isn't a Green Hill clone

Your most wanted will never get in, but they do appear as a guest fighter in another fighting game (such as Mortal Kombat 11)

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Yeah I'd be ok with that. Maybe not Mortal Kombat specifically just because I don't think they'd be a good fit for the gore, but something like a Street Fighter or a Tekken would be fine.

You have the ability to shape shift, but you'd have to stay in your new form for 24 hours before you can transform again.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hm. Sounds cool, but with the 24 hour minimum I don't think it would be very practical. Pass.

Your most wanted won't get in Smash, but for every game going forward you can choose the items and stages included.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Nah, I would prefer introducing new series to Smash

You can make any game idea you want come true, or you can decide the fighters, spirits, stage and music for fighters pass 3 and it has 10 spots for characters

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
This may be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but no. I wouldn’t want those characters even if they may be fun. If all my most wanted newcomers weren’t fun one bit... That might be a different story

Geno gets in but the next fighter is Mallow from SMRPG

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
This may be a bit of an unpopular opinion, but no. I wouldn’t want those characters even if they may be fun. If all my most wanted newcomers weren’t fun one bit... That might be a different story

Geno gets in but the next fighter is Mallow from SMRPG
Eh, sure.

Paper Mario gets in, but his moveset is mainly centered around the Sticker star-after games with only a few moves from pre-Sticker Star.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I'd press it for Piranha Plant (in exchange for Goomba), but not for Min Min or Byleth because I dislike the direction they took with those two rather than the characters themselves.

This is a BIG. RED. BUTTON. Will you press it? But be warned: it will turn green.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'd press it for Piranha Plant (in exchange for Goomba), but not for Min Min or Byleth because I dislike the direction they took with those two rather than the characters themselves.

This is a BIG. RED. BUTTON. Will you press it? But be warned: it will turn green.
Eh, sure? It’s only a color change.

Crash gets in Smash for the 25th anniversary of his series, but then so does Meowth (whose Poké Ball inexplicably vanishes when you purchase his Challanger Pack) for the 25th anniversary of Pokémon.

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Wait did Touhou exist back then? Maybe??? Hopefully there's more than two tracks if that's the case.

Your most wanted gets in but they get the Sonic treatment (their moveset is solely based on one singular element of the character to the point it's overused)

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
No thank you. I've already had that happen with Byleth. The quality of the fighter matters more than the fighter itself.

Your wage increases by 50% but you get paid in pennies (or the equivalent in your country).

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
No, it takes them forever to count them all.

You're blocking and you say it's not coming out.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
...I'll just press the button.

If you press the button, you watch "The Shining". If you don't press the button, you watch "Full Metal Jacket". (Doing anything ****y with the button such as "pressing it halfway" or holding it will count as pressing it.)

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I’ll press the button

I asked this question before, but I’ll phrase it better this time because I just realized it was kind of unclear last time:

Pressing the button makes any game idea you want come true, not pressing it allows you to decide the fighters, spirits, stage and music for fighters pass 3 and it has 10 spots for characters

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I'd take an actually good (made by Arc Systems) 2D fighting game with anime characters other than 10 fighters in a game with a lot of characters already.

Pressing the button gives you cake, but it also destroys detroit.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sure, never really liked that game anyways.

Your most wanted gets in Smash, but you're not allowed to play as them.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
No, don't want the least wanted in period.

You get a million dollars in five dollar bills.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
No, I don't want an excess of FE characters.

Fire Emblem becomes a turn-based RPG instead of a tactical one, but the very next game is tactical.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
No. There are plenty of turn based RPG’s out there are there’s no reason the gameplay of Fire Emblem needs to be completely changed to remove tactical RPG gameplay

You can design a challenger pack for Smash, or two DLC packs for a different fighting game of your choosing

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Yes, I'd always want to include characters I like in fighting games.

You watch Fox News and you think they're right.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
i dont want jigglypuff to be replaced at all so no

ultimate has an extended dlc cycle that brings the 20 most wanted characters into the game, but a law is passed so no one can make a new smash ever again

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
There are literally no downsides to this in my opinion

Your most wanted gets the Mii Costume treatment but your second most wanted gets a really fun move set, a great stage, 50 music tracks and lots of spirits

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Sure. My most wanted will never get it anyway.

Will you press the button if we get another Sonic rep, but its an antagonist that isn't Eggman.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So that’s Chaos, Gerald, Mephelis, Black Doom, Dark Gaia, or Infinite...yeah no thanks, the only one of these I would actually want would be Chaos.

You get to choose the roster for the next Smash game with 100% bias and control, but the game itself isn’t good.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I already know the game with Johnny Bravo being stronger than Yusuke Urameshi (never knew how to spell the name, but basically green track suit guy from Yu Yu Hakusho) wasn't gonna be good in the first place, so sure.

You get put into a Danganronpa-style killing game, but if you don't press the button your closest friends and family are instead put into that situation (without your knowledge it's happening).

Top Bottom