• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pass. I have a feeling that, if Sega did make SA3 a Stadia exclusive, they wouldn't put as much effort into it, which is NOT something you do when making a sequel to a beloved series after 20 years.

You get confirmation that your most wanted gets in with the next Smash game, but now you have to wait 4+ years to see it come to fruition.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Sure. At least now I know there will be four more Smash games, so that's something to look forward to.

Sega makes a 3D arena fighting game that mainly features their own characters, and your most wanted is a guest fighter (unless your most wanted is a Sega rep, then they're just a normal fighter.) BUT, Sega doesn't let that character get in Smash.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Hell yeah I'd love a Sega-themed crossover fighter, and the opportunity to have my most wanted playable in a fighting game is all I really want.

The next Smash game has the return of all veterans again with updated movesets to be more faithful to their home series, but this also includes characters like Snake or Bayonetta, which bumps the game's rating up to an M.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
In all honesty? I'm selfish enough that I would take the deal. I acknowledge that it wouldn't be a viable business move though.

You can KO Pokeball summons, but you can no longer KO ATs

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, Pokémon are disgustingly OP in this game.

WYR have a match with big characters or tiny characters?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Depends on how much he was buffed. If it's something small, like they've been doing, pass. If it's actually something that makes him tournament viable, sure.
Also,
I think that‘s better suited for the WYR thread.

Euden gets in, but for some reason only has JP voice clips.
Sorry. I mixed up the game threads :p
Assist Trophies get a promoted character, but it's not Waluigi.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I see no problem with this (though I'll admit: my reason for opposing Waluigi is a nitpicky one)

The online is improved, but your most wanted is eternally blocked from Smash

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
No, that's scummy.

Sakurai says that 4th parties are allowed-but immediately after, he says 5th parties are also allowed, without specifying exactly what those are.

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Pass, I already paid for the base game so why spend that price again just for four fighters???

Your most wanted gets in, but their next game totally ruins their franchise's image forever

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Pass. I think you've found a way for me to not want Muddy, heh!

Sora gets in as part of a Fighters Pass 3, but every other character in the pass is a non-game character owned by Disney.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Nah, I'm pretty indifferent to Sora anyways.

Ultimate's online is flawless with no online-caused input lag, but every time before you play a match you actually want to play, you have to play with these rules:
Mario Bros. Stage only
Items on high
Bees
Fake Smash Balls
Smash Balls

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Nah, I'm pretty indifferent to Sora anyways.

Ultimate's online is flawless with no online-caused input lag, but every time before you play a match you actually want to play, you have to play with these rules:
Mario Bros. Stage only
Items on high
Bees
Fake Smash Balls
Smash Balls
Yeah, no.

Sora gets in, but then the Challenger Pack before that is Rillaboom, Cinderace and Inteleon all in a single pack.

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
Sora, sure! The Galar starters? Bonus!

Only heavyweights are left, but you have every character you ever wanted in Smash, it doesn't even have to be from a game. No limits.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Uh...I'm a superheavy main sooo...yes.

Your most wanted will never get in Smash, but the next game in their series is a masterpiece.

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Of course!!! Who wouldn't want that?

Your five most wanted characters in Smash, but they are all separate from the Fighter's Pass and have to be individually purchased.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Easy yes, no way in heck would Dwight, Master Chief, and Beat get in otherwise. Even if Rayman was possible to get in the pass, I like confirmed 4 (and other, I honestly don't know who would be the fifth most wanted for me).

75m (stage) is removed, but it gets replaced by Rumble Falls(?) (It was a moving stage in Brawl).

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Yes. YES. ANYTHING TO GET 75m OUT. RUMBLE FALLS IS WAY BETTER (and it's probably gonna be better in Ultimate because the fighters are less floaty)

Your most wanted gets in, but they get the Banjo treatment (lame movest) but WORSE.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I tend to be very bothered by this sort of thing and i wouldn't want my boy Porky to be done dirty like that, not pressing that dang button.

Your most wanted gets in but he has a stupid cow-patterned hat on all of his alts, their voice clips are also 30% louder than any other fighter.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
YES. Would push without hesitation, and I don't even mind Isabelle.

Your most unlikely most wanted gets in FP2 as CP8, but it takes almost two years between Steve and their reveal.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
YES. Would push without hesitation, and I don't even mind Isabelle.

Your most unlikely most wanted gets in FP2 as CP8, but it takes almost two years between Steve and their reveal.
I'm not that desperate for Sora that I'm willing to wait two years, so no.

Sonic gets a rhythm game, but the music is all original remixes by Yoko Shimomura.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
well, heck yeah to a Sonic rhythm game.

You get a years supply of cake (like, idk. A cake each week. Imagine a regular slice of pizza in width, with height being about 10 lego bricks? Idk, I forgot normal cake measurements) that are always cake you want to eat, but you have to finish them all before the year ends or else "something bad will happen."

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
No thanks.

Break the Targets returns, with unique stages for every character in the game, but Classic Mode reverts to 1 generic route shared by every character

Perkilator

Smash Legend
No thanks.

Break the Targets returns, with unique stages for every character in the game, but Classic Mode reverts to 1 generic route shared by every character
No. I like the uniqueness of Ultimate’s Classic Mode.

Sora gets in, but he only has these songs:

1. Dearly Beloved (New Remix)
  2. Destati/Dive Into the Heart (New Remix)
  3. Bustin’ Up on the Beach (KH1.5)
  4. Shrouding Dark Cloud (KH3)
  5. Destiny’s Force (KH1.5)
  6. Squirming Evil
  7. Hand in Hand (New Remix)
  8. Blast Away! ~Gummi Ship Medley~ (New Remix)
  9. Blast Away! ~Gummi Ship III~ (KH1.5)
  10. The Deep End
  11. Scherzo di Notte
  12. Forze del Male (KH1.5)
  13. One-Winged Angel (from FINAL FANTASY VII)
  14. Another Side, Another Story (New Remix)
  15. The 13th Struggle (KH2.5)
  16. Sinister Sundown/Working Together (New Remix)
  17. Lord of the Castle (KH 1.5)
  18. Revenge of Chaos (Re: COM)
  19. Sora (New Remix)
  20. Tension Rising (Reaper’s Revenge)
  21. Desire for All That is Lost
  22. Vim and Vigor (KH2.5)
  23. The Encounter (New Remix)
  24. The 13th Reflection (KH2.5)
  25. Hazardous Highway (New Remix)
  26. The 13th Dilemma (KH2.5)
  27. The Other Promise (New Remix)
  28. Fight to the Death (KH2.5)
  29. Fate of the Unknown
  30. Fight and Away (KH1.5)
  31. Critical Drive (KH1.5)
  32. Vector to the Heavens (New Remix)
  33. The Tumbling
  34. Enter the Darkness (New Remix)
  35. Unforgettable
  36. Black Powder
  37. Unbreakable Chains
  38. Master, Tell Me the Truth
  39. Forze Dell’Oscurita
  40. Rage Awakened ~The Origin~ (New Remix)
  41. Dismiss (KH2.5)
  42. No More Bugs!! (CD version)
  43. Majestic Wings
  44. Dread of Night
  45. L’Oscurità dell’Ignot
  46. L’Eminenza Oscura (New Remix)
  47. L’Impeto Oscuro (New Remix)
  48. Wave of Darkness (New Remix)
  49. Anger Unchained (New Remix)
  50. Eye of the Storm

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
only implies that isn't many, yet it is like almost 10x the amount Steve has, and (if I remember right) is only 6 behind Terry. But still, Sora is a pogger, so I'd be happy. Easy press of the button.

You get a free cake, but when you bite it, it turns into a pie. It then reverts back into said cake, to become a pie when bitten, and you always forget it turns into a pie when bitten (idk why, it just happens).

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Yeah. I'd definitely get more use out of good netcode than any character they're likely to add at this point (yes I know this is myopic but thats the point of the thread isn't it)

Your most wanted gets into Smash, but they're OP and everybody hates them.

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
Oof, sure, but they're definitely going to be balanced in a week or two

Your most wanted gets into Smash, but they're so underwhelming and have barely any representation

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Sure. There's not much to work with for Mole Mania when it comes to Spirits and Music so the Cloud treatment would be preferable if anything.

Paper Mario gets in, but his moveset is based on Sticker Star and Sticker Star alone.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
No. I would have the same problems I have with that as I do with Sonic's heavy Fighters representation.

We get yearly Fighter's Passes (three to four fighters each) and a ton more updates for Ultimate, but the next Smash game isn't released until 2028.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I see no disadvantages to this.

All cut stages come back, but you have to sacrifice Temple, Mementos, Saffron City, Fountain of Dreams, Castle Siege, Pokémon Stadium 2, all Minecraft World forms except Birch, and WarioWare.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
No, those are all great stages.

Your most wanted character gets in, but two characters are cut from the current roster at complete random.

Top Bottom