• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No. There is no upside to this, the only post-Brawl FE character who deserved a spot is cut, and Shadow's in the game. (also, unrelated but I didn't notice Dante was in that pic and thought his jacket was a plague doctor mask at first)

The moveset of your most wanted gets in, but rather than using a model of that character it's the dancing H.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
No. There is no upside to this, the only post-Brawl FE character who deserved a spot is cut, and Shadow's in the game. (also, unrelated but I didn't notice Dante was in that pic and thought his jacket was a plague doctor mask at first)

The moveset of your most wanted gets in, but rather than using a model of that character it's the dancing H.
Eh, no.

Dante gets in, but Space Invaders are reduced to Assist Trophies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. Any SI rep is fine.

Your most wanted "never gonna happen" character gets in, but they're only announced in a quick Nintendo tweet and don't get a trailer or any screenshots so you have to wait until release day to see them in action.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. Any SI rep is fine.

Your most wanted "never gonna happen" character gets in, but they're only announced in a quick Nintendo tweet and don't get a trailer or any screenshots so you have to wait until release day to see them in action.
Oh...sounds tempting, but nah.

Your most wanted gets in, but their revealed alongside your least wanted.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. Anything for Muddy.

The next Smash game has a proper story mode with cutscenes like SSE, but gameplay wise it's just a ton of bosses in a row.
At least it won't take up as much space as SSE, so yes.

All-Star is restored to its former glory, but you have to beat WoL to unlock it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No. I prefer the new All-Star.

The amount of base game newcomers is equivalent to the amount of newcomers in both the base game and DLC (with DLC left intact), but there's no Everyone is Here.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
No. I prefer the new All-Star.

The amount of base game newcomers is equivalent to the amount of newcomers in both the base game and DLC (with DLC left intact), but there's no Everyone is Here.
In other words, Sm4sh but with more characters? Eh, sure, but only for Sm4sh.

The next Smash game halves the amount of Fire Emblem characters, but at the cost of any more Kirby characters.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Not on your life.

Spring Man gets in instead of Min Min, but no other Assist Trophy.
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. Complete net gain. Would press a million times to make sure it goes through.

next game, tag team is reworked to allow more players and more stocks, but the other 2 squad strike modes are cut.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. Tag Team is pretty much the only part of Squad Strike anyone cares about!

All feasible Assist Trophies get promoted to playable, except ones from series that had new reps in SSBU or its DLC.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
No thanks. I just want Sonic's moveset reworked.

2 of your most wanted characters make it in, as well as your most despised video game character of all time that you might've never even considered for Smash.

(I'm actually really curious who your most despised video game characters are)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
No thanks. I just want Sonic's moveset reworked.

2 of your most wanted characters make it in, as well as your most despised video game character of all time that you might've never even considered for Smash.

(I'm actually really curious who your most despised video game characters are)
Mine is Bubsy. As long as he's nothing more than an Assist Trophy, than it's a small price to pay for getting Sora and Crash in.

We finally get a stage based on Bowser's Castle, BUUUT along with it comes Dry Bowser as an Echo.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Absolutely. Both of my top 2 are already Spirits, but the second one doesn't have a (used) battle so it works out.

Your most wanted gets in, but their moveset is even lazier than Sonic's.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Absolutely. Both of my top 2 are already Spirits, but the second one doesn't have a (used) battle so it works out.

Your most wanted gets in, but their moveset is even lazier than Sonic's.
If by "lazy", you mean actually used from their source game (but not as deep as preferable), then I'd accept that for Sora as long as he was at least unique enough.

Your most wanted gets in, but you have to floss on camera to celebrate.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No. I'm tired of Ultimate's new stages being too unique, I want something more traditional by now.

Your most wanted is Challenger Pack 7, but they'll be revealed in the same Direct as Waluigi and as such will not get the attention you think they deserve.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
No. I'm tired of Ultimate's new stages being too unique, I want something more traditional by now.

Your most wanted is Challenger Pack 7, but they'll be revealed in the same Direct as Waluigi and as such will not get the attention you think they deserve.
In that case, screw him. I'm not laying a finger on that button.

Isaac gets in, but he's a mix of Roy and Zelda.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No. Would've taken away from 2 of the biggest hype moments in Smash history!

They add stage reskins, extra alternate costumes and extra music to Ultimate, but it's handled the exact same way as CTR's Wumpa Coins.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
No. Would've taken away from 2 of the biggest hype moments in Smash history!

They add stage reskins, extra alternate costumes and extra music to Ultimate, but it's handled the exact same way as CTR's Wumpa Coins.
As long as you earn the coins through gameplay, then sure.

Spirits have flavor text, but you have to beat WoL to see it.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes, that's what SmashWiki is for ;)

Sora gets in, but other than his moveset and some of his music tracks he has no Kingdom Hearts content and is just used as a Trojan Horse to insert Disney content.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. The Twins theme is my favourite Crash song, so while the lack of the Tawna Bonus theme or Deep Sea Driving would be a bummer, I usually only have one song on each stage so it wouldn't be a big deal

Pikmin 4 gets released... as a Wii U exclusive in 2020.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. The Twins theme is my favourite Crash song, so while the lack of the Tawna Bonus theme or Deep Sea Driving would be a bummer, I usually only have one song on each stage so it wouldn't be a big deal

Pikmin 4 gets released... as a Wii U exclusive in 2020.
At least if it means the Wii U finally keels over and dies.

A new F-ZERO gets released...with a gimmick that requires you to move the Joy-Con left and right and only be able to push the brake button to briefly slow down.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Eh, sure.

DLC Spirit Boards move up a page...but the third page has exactly one Spirit.
Yes. The fact there's no chance another character from the same games would be getting a future challenger pack (Shame, as ARMS already needs a 2nd rep, even if not Spring Man, but I digress) means that there's no downside.

Your most wanted gets in, but it's a fakeout where your 2nd most wanted gets screwed over

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hmm... Yes. Seeing Jill animated would be enough for me if Muddy makes the cut.

Your most wanted gets a deluxe Mii costume, but it's a really convincing Mii costume with multiple facial expressions, new animated taunts and unique voice clips.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Hmm... Yes. Seeing Jill animated would be enough for me if Muddy makes the cut.

Your most wanted gets a deluxe Mii costume, but it's a really convincing Mii costume with multiple facial expressions, new animated taunts and unique voice clips.
No. None of my guys can own it like sans can.

Your most wanted gets in, but not only do they have to share a trailer with your least wanted (they both get in), but they also have to become friends/allies in said trailer, even if it's monstrously out of character for either of them.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. Shadow teaming up with a tiny mole with glasses to go all Sonic Adventure 2 on someone would be downright hilarious and absolutely worth the disappointment of Edgy the Hedgy's inclusion.

Crash Bandicoot gets in, but Sakurai only plays Crash 1 alone for research.

Last edited:
Top Bottom