• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will you press the button?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Yes. Shadow teaming up with a tiny mole with glasses to go all Sonic Adventure 2 on someone would be downright hilarious and absolutely worth the disappointment of Edgy the Hedgy's inclusion.

Crash Bandicoot gets in, but Sakurai only plays Crash 1 alone for research.
Eh…probably not.

Space Invaders get in…as a Spirit and Assist Trophy.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. Shame they aren't a fighter, but any rep for SI is fully deserved

The next Smash game manages to pull off "Everyone is Here!" again, but it's not through the base game and veterans are slowly added through free updates.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. Shame they aren't a fighter, but any rep for SI is fully deserved

The next Smash game manages to pull off "Everyone is Here!" again, but it's not through the base game and veterans are slowly added through free updates.
Sorry, but no. I’d at least be happy that it’s free, though.

Doom Slayer gets in…as a Spirit.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Ah, whatever. Human lives are more important then a character I don’t want.

Your most wanted gets in, but so does another character other people want that you may not.
Yes? There are other characters who deserve to be in, even if I don't personally want them. Even if I want them to not be in, it's a sacrifice worth taking.

Your most wanted gets in, but they have no gimmicks that you normally see on DLC fighters

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes? There are other characters who deserve to be in, even if I don't personally want them. Even if I want them to not be in, it's a sacrifice worth taking.

Your most wanted gets in, but they have no gimmicks that you normally see on DLC fighters
You mean a character like Sakura Shinguji? In that case, yes, since this moveset I made for her fits the bar well:

Normal Attacks

Jab: Sakura performs three standard jabs to the middle, and then the left and right (8%, small knockback)

Forward+A: Sakura slashes down in front of her (7%, small knockback; 10% at the tip, OK knockback)

Down+A: Sakura sweep kicks below a target’s legs, tripping them (6%, small knockback)

Up+A: Sakura swipes her katana above herself to the left (8%, small knockback)

Aerial Attacks

Air+A: Sakura slices around herself, similar to Ike’s N-Air (11%, OK knockback)

Air Forward+A: Sakura slices downward (11% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Air Back + A: Sakura turns around as she slices backward (14%, OK knockback)

Air Up+A: Sakura spins a mop above herself (13%, OK knockback)

Air Down+A: Sakura swings a mop downwards (16% with a meteor effect, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Sakura speeds past the target as she slashes them (12%, OK knockback). If the target is above 100%, there is a chance they’ll be K.O.’d instantly.

Edge Attack: Sakura gets back up and slashes straight down (7%, small knockback)

Get-Up Attack: Sakura quickly sweep kicks the floor (5%, small knockback)

Smash Attacks

Forward+A: Sakura steps forward and slashes with her sword in flames (22%, medium knockback)

Up+A: Sakura jumps up and slashes twice in rapid succession (18%, OK knockback)

Down+A: Sakura slashes several cherry blossom petals around her in half (15%, OK knockback), which then swirl around her (9%, medium knockback)

Grab Game

Grab: Sakura grabs the target with both hands.

Pummel: Sakura slaps the target with her right hand (1%)

Forwards+Throw: Sakura pushes the target forward (12%, OK knockback)

Down+Throw: Sakura jumps over the target and trips them without dealing any damage.

Back+Throw: Sakura strafes around the target and slashes them (13%, OK knockback)

Up+Throw: Sakura spins once and launches the target diagonally upwards (8%, medium knockback)

Special Moves
B : Ouka Hoshin;
Sakura sends out a large pink blade projectile. It goes about the same length as Cloud’s Blade Beam, but is much faster and can hit multiple opponents at once (7% per hit, OK knockback). It also has priority over other projectiles, but getting hit by one causes it to slow down and disappear after hitting anything else (6%, small knockback)

B + Forwards : Hyakka Ryoran; Sakura dashes forward a short distance, surrounded in flame (14%, OK knockback); you can tilt the control stick in the opposite direction for a second dash (9%, OK knockback)

B + Up : Rising Sakura; Sakura floats high up in a wind of cherry blossom petals, and can do anything after before she hits the ground again. Pressing Up and B again has Sakura slice upward as she jumps upward and forward a small distance (11%, OK knockback)

B + Down : Clean Up; Sakura takes out a mop and sweeps the floor, which pushes nearby opponents away (13%, OK-medium knockback). Tilting the control stick to the left or right after initiating the attack moves Sakura in that direction, but the power and knockback decrease after a while.

Final Smash: Koubu Strike; Sakura speeds forward and slashes the target(s) (11%). The targets are then taken into a cutscene where Sakura gets into her Koubu and performs an extremely powerful Ouka Hoshin (59%, devastating knockback)

Your most wanted stage gets in, but so does a previous stage people didn’t like.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I LOVE Icicle Mountain, so sure.

All old stages come back including single player stages like Meta Crystal and Adventure Yoshi arena, but Omega and Battlefield forms are cut.

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Fine with me.

A character that you consider to be OP gets nerfed, but so does your main.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Nah, rather not.

King Dedede’s Side-B is buffed so it only gets reflected by attacks that can properly reflect projectiles, but the startup lag is slightly increased.
Yes. No projectiles should be reflectable with any attack. At ALL.

Your most wanted gets in, but they only bring 2 music tracks with them.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes.

G&W and Final Fantasy's songlists get merged with Others, but Floral Fury and Megalovania are cut.
What?! Hell no, not even considering the latter two songs.

Dark Samus gets her moves back that she had as an Assist Trophy in Sm4sh* (along with the Screw Rush and Turbo Missile custom moves), but no other Echo gets this treatment.

*Those moves being:

-Jab: Dark Samus fires a volley from her Arm Cannon straight forward, dealing multiple low damage hits and knocking opponents away on the final hit (14%, OK knockback)
-Down Smash: Dark Samus generates Phazon tentacles that erupt from the ground (19%, medium knockback)
-Neutral B: When fully charged, Dark Samus fires four homing laser spheres into the air (6% each, small-OK knockback)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nah, Daisy deserves it more.

Your favourite game series not yet in Smash gets a lot of representation, but like Animal Crossing in Brawl they get everything EXCEPT a playable fighter.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Nah, just sounds like a Boxing Ring clone.

Poke Floats comes back, but it replaces Temple.
Eh, no. (And I meant the room before the fight with Dedede at the end, where you refight previous bosses.)

Water Palace is a stage the 3DS game that comes back in Ultimate, but replaces Brawl’s Green Hill Zone in the 3DS game (that same Green Hill comes back in Ultimate).

Perkilator

Smash Legend
No. Green Hill Zone is a great stage.

Sonic gets a new Side B, but also gets a new Down B so he doesn't even have his signature attack in any form
No, as much as I’d love to see him have the Light Speed Dash as a new Side B.

Tomorrow’s SmashBoards maintenance is done in an instant…so the Forum Games section can have a longer maintenance.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
It's already happened but I would say no. It would be more fair if all sections of the forum had equal maintenance time.

Your most-wanted character is added to the game, but your current main is removed.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yes. Because as much as I love Bowser, I’ll find a home in my secondary, K Rool, if it means Shadow gets in. (Edit: and I’d main Shadow anyways.)

Smash Run gets added to Ultimate...but Home Run Contest is cut.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Yes. Because as much as I love Bowser, I’ll find a home in my secondary, K Rool, if it means Shadow gets in. (Edit: and I’d main Shadow anyways.)

Smash Run gets added to Ultimate...but Home Run Contest is cut.
No.

Boss rematches are added...but you have to beat every Classic Mode boss at least once and get the true ending to WoL to unlock it (it unlocks faster if you do the former first).

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
(it unlocks faster if you do the former first).
Not sure what you mean by this, but I'd be willing to beat every Classic Mode route and 100% WOL just to unlock this feature, so it's fine with me.

An assist trophy of your choice is promoted to playable, but your second choice of AT promotion loses the AT altogether, leaving only the Spirit behind

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Not sure what you mean by this, but I'd be willing to beat every Classic Mode route and 100% WOL just to unlock this feature, so it's fine with me.

An assist trophy of your choice is promoted to playable, but your second choice of AT promotion loses the AT altogether, leaving only the Spirit behind
JOKE'S ON YOU, I DON'T HAVE A SECOND AT PROMOTION! So I can't push the button!

Your most wanted gets 20 songs in their challenger pack, but then your least wanted gets 23.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My least wanted is a Sonic character, it's a win-win.

All of your most wanteds get in, even the absolutely impossible ones, but all single player content (except Vs. CPU) gets cut.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yes. That's probably what will happen anyway.

Waluigi; Cuphead; Crash; Geno; Sora; Tails; Knuckles and Eggman are base game newcomers, but all single player modes are cut (except Vs. CPU)

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
No. Even if I was given the opportunity to replace these newcomers with ones of my choice, I still wouldn't go through with it.

Your MW gets in, but Home Run Contest is cut (basically the same situation, but less extreme)

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
Yes

We get a Recolor tool for making alts but some alts like builder mario, advent children cloud, Inklings 3-8 alts are replaced with recolors

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
No, :ultinkling: and :ultinklingboy: should be able to keep their friends.

The netcode is improved, but Squad Strike is removed

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
No, :ultinkling: and :ultinklingboy: should be able to keep their friends.

The netcode is improved, but Squad Strike is removed
nope. Never really cared for online, so I’d rather the Ethernet complaints than lose one of the best modes in Smash history

Your most wanted from an existing franchise gets in, but the first fighter that got in from it gets cut (this one was ironically not born out of my hate for a certain character)

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
I want Toad, but not at the expense of Mario! No thank you.

Squad Strike allows you to use 4 characters in addition to the current 3v3 and 5v5 modes, but the VS option is removed from Home Run Contest, leaving only Solo and Co-op

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
I haven't even touched Home Run Contest so yeah I'm fine with that.

The rest of the Fighter's Pass is full of your most-wanted characters, but you have to delete your SSBU save file.

Top Bottom